[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Witcher 3 argument thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: z2h4wZE.jpg (54KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
z2h4wZE.jpg
54KB, 600x338px
Daily Witcher 3 argument thread
>>
>>387583256
One of these games I hit up every couple months and still enjoy the shit out of. Haven't even finished it yet.
>>
>>387583256
Witcher 2 and 3 proved that RPGs are actively made worse with numbers and abilities.

There is no reason Geralt should be gaining levels at this point. This made sense in the first game as Geralt was getting back into the swing of things after dying, being resurrected and losing his memory. However in the sequels he's already back at the top of his game yet you start out as weak as a kitten in both game and must relearn all your skills and abilites yet again because it's an RPG. There is no reason a Nekker should be more powerful than a Werewolf. But because it's an RPG people think it needs a traditional RPG progression curve where you start with low number and as the game goes on the numbers get bigger. So you have level 20 nekkers and level 10 werewolves and because the Nekker has bigger numbers it's more dangerous than the werewolf.

This is the lead factor in making the combat suck which in turn makes every second spent out in the game world not interacting with NPC and quests or playing Gwent fucking boring because since everything is just numbers player skill is meaningless. Just make your numbers bigger than their numbers and you win. No need to worry about learning enemy movement patterns or skillful execution just get in there and use your best move over and over until they die.
>>
>>387584542
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2521/?
>>
Someone convince me to play the first two games. I have about 2 hours in each of them previously over the years but never drummed up the motivation to go beyond that.
>>
>>387583336
so you weren't turned of by the supposedly bad combat?
>>
7 / 1 0 a t b e s t
>>
>>387584702
>poise

No fucking thank you. I hate all the fucking "every game needs to be like dark souls" idiots.
>>
is it important to play both of the prequels before hitting 3 up?
>>
>>387585635
Yes, you also need to read the 7 books leading up to the games. While the author considers the games non-canon the games constantly bring up characters and events from the books and without reading the books you will have no idea who anyone is or why they do what they do.
>>
>>387583256
I'm disappointed in the fact that fall damage is the single most threatening enemy in the game by a wide margin.
>>
File: Gaunter O'Dimm.jpg (29KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
Gaunter O'Dimm.jpg
29KB, 610x343px
>>387583256
Is it wrong that I like the "bad" ending to Hearts of Stone better than the good and I place it after the Blood and Wine stuff. I'll give my reasoning.
>Choose Triss ending
>Do Blood and Wine stuff and get a nice visit after killing that beta vampire
>Do Hearts of Stone
>Don't want Gaunter O'Dimm fucking with me so I let the devil take Olgierd
>Olgierd kinda made a promise so it's his fault really
>Geralt is still disgusted by it
>Literally helped a monster destroy a human who was repentant for his misdeeds
>Disgusted in himself for doing the exact opposite of what Witchers are supposed to do
>"What do you want for reward?"
>Don't want to end up in the same pickle as Olgierd so Geralt chooses nothing and finally gives up fucking with monsters to be with Triss
>>
>>387586000
>chooses triss
>makes another retarded decision after
Wow, didn't see that one coming
>>
>>387586124
>He chooses the bitch who controls everything you do
I'd choose to be alone over Yen and being alone is retarded
>>
>>387585803
what the fuck. is this a trick?
>>
I started last night. The world is amazing, it really feels alive, but the gameplay is meh.
>>
>>387586000
Trissfags are the worst
>>
>>387586000
Olgeird deserved the punishment, and he knew exactly what he was getting into in the first place anyway. He spent 10+ years researching GOD anyway, why do you think he made all those stupid fucking rules about talking to his brother and standing on the moon.

He tried to dodge the consequences knowing full well what they were.
>>
File: 1336188073486.gif (1MB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
1336188073486.gif
1MB, 200x207px
>>387586000
>Enabling female-on-male rape
>>
>>387584827
1 gets MUCH more enjoyable once you've increased a few levels and gotten used to the combat. The ending is also excellent.

2 has the best storyline in the series and the most challenging combat.
>>
>>387586000
>>387586916
For me it was never about Olgierd. Gaunter fucked with Geralt and his friends, that alone constitutes enough of a reason to send the cunt back to whatever shithole he came out of - at least for the foreseeable future. Even if he's not bluffing, he wont be back until Geralt is long gone.
>>
Boring as fuck, I dropped it last night after arriving in Skellige and started another Bloodborne replay
>>
>>387587021
the combat in 2 is just a clunkier version of 3's combat
>>
>>387587024
Gaunter also saved your life after Olgierd put you into a position to get fucked over by those arabs. The only really bad thing he did directly to Geralt was telling him where Yen was.
>>
>>387587021
What's the cutoff point for 1?

Actually, do you have any build suggestions? Don't want to gimp myself, and some stuff like the silver and steel swords being six skill trees in total seems goofy.
>>
>>387587117
He never saved my life because he's the reason it was endangered in the first place. Remember, he created Olgierd and let an immortal mercenary band essentially wreck parts of the country. Without him Olgierd would've died dozens of years ago. That fuck wouldn't stop doing his wish mumbo jumbo, if anything he'd turn it up to eleven. See Blood and Wine and how he literally made an entire mansion and surroundings unlivable for ordinary humans because of a slight by some stuck up girl.
>>
I can't get myself to play 1 honestly, between the combat and the graphism that really haven't aged well this game turn me off.
I'm gonna try 2 out since I still want to at least play one of the two games before starting 3
>>
>>387583256
Every game that is 10/10 can't be discussed on this board, such as Witcher 3, Bloodborne or Pokemon XD.
>>
>>387588348
>XD
fuck off with that reddit shit
>>
>>387584702
Is it any good? maybe it's the excuse to reinstall witcher 3
>>
File: 1407163631299.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1407163631299.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>*whistles for magic horse*
>autoruns on road to quest marker
>*toucan sam vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follows nose*
>guys in Drowner™ costumes appear
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET "EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half"
>"Mhmm....Bandits™ pretending to be Drowners™......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*autoruns on road back to village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drowners™, here's proof *shows flipper*"
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received
>>
>>387588939
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"

This is my favorite part of this pasta and never fails to make me laugh.
>>
>>387587159
You only need to put 4 bronze points in each fast style for early game damage. Later in the game you can just group style everything to death and strong style the tanky one.
Max igni (with points in intelligence to increase sign intensity) is so op it's not even funny. Pop a potion to regen your endurance and you can spam only igni to kill the final boss.
>>
>>387589480
Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>387584702
>A silver sword is not needed for every monster anymore. Most monsters will require a steel sword to be dealt with (although silver works too), while Cursed creatures, Vampires and Specters will only take damage from silver blades.

I don't get this one. Is it seriously hard for people to track what sword they draw? It's 2 fucking buttons. Is this an actual issue for people? Or is that so swords wouldn't be breaking all the time? But that becomes irrelevant after level 10 or so.
>>
I just finished the book series. I have a few questions.

1)Should I read the additional novel (Season of Storms) before playing the games?

2)How demanding is Witcher 2? I can hit 30fps on the first Witcher (EE) on medium settings? 3 is not a problem, I have the GOTY edition on piss4
>>
>>387589812
It's been a while since I played but I'm 99% sure the correct sword automatically draws for you. I think it's a book thing.
>>
>>387589235
>gotta be

The pasta made me notice that he says it all the fucking time
>>
>>387586000
>picked Triss
You fucked up.

But yes, you don't fuck with the devil. Olgierd got what he deserved. If there is a God, he'll save him. Don't want a thing from the devil, just stay away from me.
Only people who actually fought the Dim are either euphoric or gaming instead of roleplaying. Probably both.
>>
>>387587207
This. I didn't give a fuck about olgierd, o'dimm is literally the devil and had orchestrated all that shit. If you read the journal after the first mission, dandelion talks about how geralt felt eerily drawn to the inn the day that notice was put up. Odimm drew you in, literally planned the whole thing to trap you into being his repo bitch.

Bet my soul for a fiddle of gold, then sent odimm back to hell. Even reloaded to get the shitty silver sword in the dreams cape, and time myself to beat his mirror game. Olgierds sword was a great prize too.

The wedding quest was my favorite part though
>>
>>387583256
the best warrior in story get his ass handed to him by any one of the town guards
>>
>>387589812
I dont like this too, makes silver swords even more circumstancial, but I will give a try to the mod the next playthrough
>>
>>387583256
the voice acting in this game is fucking terrible
Geralt especially always sounds like a sleep deprived chain smoker with crippling depression
>>
>>387591751
>Geralt sounds like a sleep deprived chain smoker with crippling depression
That's what he is.
>>
>>387588939
whoa everything is glowing they dont call me the weedsman for nothing
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
Wolf mask, Bird mask or Professor Spectacles?
Which should you be wearing for everyday witchering?
>>
>>387588939
i loved witcher 3 with all my heart , but damn its true 100%
>>
>>387589821
>witcher 1 30 fps
if this isnt capped by the game itself , you got yourself a toaster so better post specs
>>
>>387592109
>anything else than spectacles
you disgust me
>>
>>387592498
The Wolf mask+English dub voice turns you into Christian Bale Batman though. If the Bat was a Wolf, that is.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.