[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[spoiler]Nonsense Vidya Lexicon[/spoiler]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
Game Feel doesn't exist
>>
lol wut
>>
>>387583184
Sure it does.

DMC1 vs. 2 vs. 3 are all really demonstrative of the ever elusive "game feel"

2 being the standout. It just feels wrong to play, barring all the other problems. The floating with your guns is wrong, the physicals feel off, everything just feels wrong.

Dark Souls 1 vs. 2 vs. 3 is the same way. Dark Souls 2 just feels wrong, and 3 feels more like Bloodborne.

"Game Feel" is really just criticizing the engine.
>>
>>387583184
Everything about that post composition suggests that you are critically retarded.
>>
>>387583360
>2 being the standout. It just feels wrong to play, barring all the other problems. The floating with your guns is wrong, the physicals feel off, everything just feels wrong.
Who are you to say that? The designers intended it to be that way so it's good game design.
>>
>>387583184
Game feel is a way to describe the fluidity of characters animations + sound design and their interaction with the game's mechanics/monster/environment. It "feels" good to shoot a demon in DOOM, run up to him, and rip his guts outs, It "feels" good to ride Agron in SOTC, and it "feels" good to paraglide/climb in Breath of the Wild
>>
Not OP, but...

>>387583360
>It just feels wrong to play, barring all the other problems.
What are the criteria here? OK, so the game "feels" wrong. How is this "game feel" and not just "game feeling wrong". The logic here is that there is a difference between saying "how the game feels" (which generally implies a very subjective impression of the speaker about the game), and "game feel" (implying a term rigid and specific enough to warrant a specific term).

I don't think there is anything wrong with stating that the game feels wrong or right to you, but what do you need to establish a special category of "game feel" for that?

>"Game Feel" is really just criticizing the engine.
How do you arrive to the conclusion that it always has to speak about the engine. Since you just reported a largely subjective and very vague personal feeling about the game, what makes you conclude that it MUST be the engine and not any of many possible other things that feel off?

Not OP, but unless someone provides a definition that is more specific than "the game does/does not sit well with me", trying to pass this as "game feel" and pretending it's some form of analytical category will come across as pretentious to me.
>>
>spoilers in subject line
back to r*dd*t please
>>
>>387583184
It's called kinesthetics you simpleton.
>>
Game feel is just the term given to the subjective experience of how a game feels to play. Game feel usually only applies to games based around movement, and the feedback to the player about the location and velocity of the character

If someone mentions game feel and is playing like FF7 they are talking about tone
>>
>>387583184
What's your favorite flavor of window?
>>
>>387583985
purple
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.