[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4939.png (227KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4939.png
227KB, 540x310px
What went so wrong?
>>
>>387581876
Lack of care and weebshit infested the Vita.
>captcha: japanese street
>>
>>387581876
If you like Japanese games, nothing.
If you don't then I hope you like that one killzone game it has.
>>
The PSP was still a thing when it came out. The only games the PS Vita had were shitty ports of games that were already on console/pc, indie shit nobody cares about (that we're also on console/pc), and horrible JRPGs.

The PSP destroys the Vita any day of the week. [/spoiled]
>>
>>387582175
Pretty much this. Vita targetted one demographic: the weebs. For everyone else it was a PS3 lite that you had to donate a liver to get the money to pay for memory. With an online feature that you couldn't use outside of your house because free Wifi isn't all that popular in the States and even if it was playing your vidya games in public past the age of 14 is even less popular.
>>
you having shit taste
>>
>>387582037
Why do weebs have to fuck all handhelds, Surely they can just stick to there handheld gookimon machines.
>>
>>387581876
to expensive at launch when they were still actively supporting the PSP. when the PSP went down, no one remembered that the vita was a thing.
>>
>>387582267
Vita is just a bigger PSP.
>>
>>387582324
ummm sweetie? If you're coming to this board unironically, you have shit taste ^_^
>>
>>387582510
Sad but true
>>
>>387582510
what the fuck is coming here ironically

is this some epic reddit stuff
>>
>>387582356
Because western devs know their target audience by vast majority have no interest in handhelds.

If the japanese weren't floating them you wouldn't have handhelds at all.
>>
>>387581876
No killer app for normalfags to eat up (3ds has Pokemon) aside from the PS4 game stream which a) requires a PS4 (at least 200 bucks) or b) requires a Vita.
>>
>>387582267
>the PSP destroys the PSP with extra games
wow what did this anon mean by that?
>>
Memory card prices and SCEA refusing to push it.

Same as every thread.

It's still a crazy great handheld unless you are a super normie.
>>
>>387581876
Sony were terrified of the idea of the Vita going the way of the PSP and getting cracked relatively early on in its lifespan, so they went totally overboard on protection (Those retarded overpriced carts, the whole account binding thing etc. etc.) to the point where it put people off buying it to begin with.
>>
No games
Proprietary memory cards
Instead of letting it commit sudoku like a honorable ashamed samurai they kept pumping out indie shit and trying to sell it.
>>
>>387582847
Which is ironic because homebrew is the only reason it's any good/anyone would buy one now.
>>
File: 1282822957794.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1282822957794.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
The era of dedicated handheld gaming devices had simply passed.
Also devs had already blown all their best, and I mean BEST, game ideas on the PSP.
Just let it go.
>>
>>387581876

Needs more weeb games.
>>
That vita release lineup next month is actually pretty damn awesome.

I'm happy it still gets stuff like it does.
>>
>>387583003
like what exactly? psp was alright I guess
>>
>>387583041
Really? What's coming out?
>>
File: 1500674140610.gif (3MB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1500674140610.gif
3MB, 350x280px
>>387581876

>PS1/2/PSP Masterrace

Absolutely nothing

>PS3/4 Shitters

A bloo bloo where's my muh FPS's
>>
>>387583003

Nah, Soul Sacrifice Delta and all the DRPGs justified its existence.
>>
>>387583124
Fuck, it hurts that Sony have likely given up on SS as an IP. That shit needs a full-scale PS4 sequel.

Maybe if MHW does well?
>>
>>387583215

As much as I like the Vita and want to see it keep its exclusives Soul Sacrifice deserves so much better. I'm honestly shocked they haven't commissioned Blue Point to do an HD port yet, that game is fucking great.
>>
>>387583295
iirc, Inafune said that he and some of the Japan Studio guys were trying to get a PS4 port of SSD greenlit, but the higher-ups wouldn't release the funding for it :(
>>
>>387581876
everything went right and it's more enjoyable so far than 3DS/XB1/PS4/Switch/Wii U
>>
>>387582779
until vita got hacked, its library paled in comparison to the PSP, the PSP was a true honest competitor to the nintendo handhelds and it filled it's niche and held up really well over the years
Vita on the other hand is a lot less popular, i still see kids with PSPs when i go to Europe, but nobody with Vita, it's only competitive in Japan, and it doesn't mean it's a bad console or anything, it's great, but face the facts, PSP was the shit, it's hard to top that. Of course now that Vita got hacked and there's adrenaline you can play all the PSP games on Vita, but they're still PSP games
>>
>>387583121
why are his cups shaped like dicks lmao?
>>
>>387583094
Some of it is niche, but

In september is:
Drive Girls
Ys VIII
Danganronpa v3
Mary Skelter
Summon Night 6
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
>>
File: dasboot.jpg (47KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
dasboot.jpg
47KB, 620x388px
>>387584046

>he doesn't know what das boot jugs are

get it together underage
>>
>>387582175
DS, PSP and to a lesser extent 3DS had good Japanese games.
Vita just has low grade weeb-oriented shovelware.
>>
>>387584801
It has better japanese third party games than the 3ds.
>>
>>387585020
All I've found that's worth playing on the 3DS is SMT and EO, so the library is much more restricted than previous gens.
But the single Jap game I've found that was worth my time is Oreshika, everything else I tried was simply trash.
>>
>>387585202
If you like dungeon crawlers and didn't find things you like on the vita you weren't actually looking.
>>
>>387585262
All of the dungeon crawlers I tried were tiresome and tedious. Nothing interesting going on when it came to art, music, mechanics or dungeon design.
Shiren the Wanderer seemed pretty good for what it was but that wasn't my thing.
>>
File: dt2.jpg (81KB, 319x408px) Image search: [Google]
dt2.jpg
81KB, 319x408px
>>387585346
again, you weren't actually looking. You missed what was arguably the best dungeon crawler of the generation.

Oreshika is also not even in the top 10 rpgs on the system. It's way mediocre.
>>
>>387585493
DT2 bored me to tears. Art style was strangely unappealing and unmemorable, music was crap, the dungeons were boring and the gameplay mechanics weren't interesting.
I heard it gets good in the postgame but I don't want to play 100 hours of mindnumbing crap to get to the good part.

Oreshika might have been repetitive but it offered something I hadn't sen before. The clan mechanics were unique and creative enough to motivate me to finish, and the art style and music were both vibrant and full of life that it was worth grinding for a few hours just so I can see what the next dungeon might be. I can't think of any reason to go back to DT2 and clear another dungeon.
>>
I love it, you just don't like Japanese games.
>>
Shit hacking scene. No cfw. Dead console with no life support. At least you can still play psp games on adrenaline and emulate on retroarch, r-right?
>>
>>387581876
SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS SHIT GAMES & PORTS
>>
>>387585965
CFW is out now. You can pirate any game up to 3.60.
>>
>>387585965
>No cfw.
I suppose Enso doesn't count?
>>
>>387586028
>>387586030
Enshit isn't a full cfw. It's literally just let you coldboot henkaku.
>>
>>387586227
>"full CFW"
I know what you're saying, but HENkaku is still a CFW. PS3 had CFW before the lv0 keys leaked and N3DS had CFW before a9lh was released. Being firmware-restricted doesn't make it not a CFW.
>>
>Tfw buying 64 gb memory card next month.
The vita is for indies and weeb games. Which isn't a winning combo.
Still outsold the wiiU
>>
>>387586472
>Not buying an sd2vita
>>
>>387581876
Dunno, maybe faggot kaz wasn't generous with the west on this platform in terms of licensing or some shit. I kinda feel sad for psv as i own one sitting in dust.
>>
>>387584046
It's a german thing, you won't understand.
>>
>>387582175
but I do love Tokyo Jungle, Katamari, Nobi Nobi Boy, LocoRoco, Patapon, Rain...yet Vita were not the natural place of those sagas to grow.
I want to like the Vita, but when you say vita has japanese games I look for stuff like that, not idols/hentai rpg shit.
Am I missing good jap vita games?
>>
>>387581876
Everything that could go wrong went from with the Vita.

Look at the Switch for a successful handheld with a games library that destroys the Vita's entire library right now.
>>
>>387587187
What games does the Switch even have?
>>
Sometimes I wonder how GOAT the library could be if Sony actually took its time to give it a proper push in the west and designed some original games for it except ports. I mean where was San Andreas Stories, a new Wild Arms, MGPO2? Why didn't they fight harder for MonHun? A lot of thinking about the vita is what ifs unfortunately. Still doesn't take away from the fact that it technically has an infinite library, but I'd like to see more novel games taking advantage of its hardware.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.