[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which was your favourite, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: ratcp20f.jpg (120KB, 640x904px) Image search: [Google]
ratcp20f.jpg
120KB, 640x904px
Which was your favourite, /v/?
>>
>>387581461
a crack in time
>>
>>387581461
3 and acit
>>
File: 1502422716052.jpg (14KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1502422716052.jpg
14KB, 512x512px
>>387581461
>actually a platformer
>weapons are unique instead of the usual loadout of blaster/shotgun/heavy grenade/disk thrower/sheepinator/disk thrower/MR ZURKON/useless tactical weapon (i.e tesla spikes)
>weapons dont get obsolete, so you can use whatever weapons you want the whole game
>every weapon being viable meant they could make more diverse enemy types because you could solve more problems with them
>no RPG elements, meaning you can use the best weapon for the situation without worrying about fucking yourself out of upgrades
>ratchet actually has a personality
>music is the best the series has, no orchestra shit to be found
>>
deadlocked fuck you
>>
Up your asshole
>>
>>387581802
It was pretty good
>>
>>387581461
I liked Up Your Arsenal's story
But purely as a game? Going Commando
>>
Going Commando is my favorite and nothing's ever gonna change that.
>>
1 is kino
>>
UYA
>>
File: Carbonox_armor.png (200KB, 439x479px) Image search: [Google]
Carbonox_armor.png
200KB, 439x479px
>>387581461
Going Commando. Nothing else gave me the cool fucking robot armour covering my whole face that I wanted in the next games to come. Was super dissapointed.
Also the game is a lot more fun and better. Honestly one of those games I could play on an emulator today, beat the same day, and still come back to play it some more after I've done so. It's just that good.
>>
File: thumbup_anime.png (4KB, 271x257px) Image search: [Google]
thumbup_anime.png
4KB, 271x257px
>>387581774
>>
File: 6974[1].png (109KB, 148x125px) Image search: [Google]
6974[1].png
109KB, 148x125px
>>387584421
3 had the inferno armor
>>
>>387581461
3 or gladiator
>>
>>387581802
i liked it too anon
>>
>>387584421
I used to replay it every year when I was kid, took a week off to just play the game and complete it. Gladiator and crack in time are close aeconds though, but gc is on another level
>>
Deadlocked, fight me
>>
>>387581461
GC with Deadlocked right behind it. Loved them all until all 4 one or whatever
>>
File: Drek_Broadcast.png (448KB, 973x715px) Image search: [Google]
Drek_Broadcast.png
448KB, 973x715px
>>387581461

>god tier
GC, UYA, ACiT

>great tier
R&C1, ToD, Gladiator

>good tier
Nexus, R&C2016

>okay tier
QfB, SM

>shit tier
SAC, A4O, FFF
>>
Either 1, 2 or ACiT depending on mood / whatever I'm replaying at the moment.
3 is also great, but singleplayer is a bit rushed (as is the case for ACiT, but it does a lot of things differently and rarely ever feels like a retread of the previous entry, unlike 3).

>>387581779
Either you've copied one of my posts in a previous thread almost verbatim or you're my fucking nigga.
I especially liked how a lot of planets introduced enemies who could be easily defeated with the weapon introduced in said planet.
And fuck Mr. Zurkon. Tesla Spikes are cool though. Really help out with immobile bosses (or Groovitron'd ones).

>>387586584
Good chart.
And fuck everything about 2016 Drek. He doesn't even have an ingame model ffs.
>>
>>387581461
2,3 and a crack in time. I had some fun with Deadlocked, even if they did try to make Ratchet a bit more edgier.
>>
File: hecks.png (86KB, 458x421px) Image search: [Google]
hecks.png
86KB, 458x421px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ywtRKaoiGU
>>
File: Rocket_League_coverart.jpg (299KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket_League_coverart.jpg
299KB, 1024x1024px
>>387581461
>>
>>387581802
Deadlocked was fun. It just gets shit for being so different from the previous games.
>>
File: 1503020964043.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1503020964043.gif
3MB, 390x357px
>>387581779
>tfw people say r&c 1 didn't age well
>>
>>387584421
>I could play on an emulator today
Then do it anon. PCSX2 has had mipmapping support in the hardware renderer for most of 2017, meaning if you have a non-potato CPU and almost any GPU you can play it with only minor issues. I just finished an RC1 playthrough at 4x native resolution and am starting on golding RC1 and a GD playthrough. Shit's comfy as fuck.
>>
>>387587276
I don't see what was so different about it. It having come after UYA, it didn't seem to different to me at the time I had played it
>>
>recently finished RC1 for the first time
>everyone bitches about Drek being too difficult
>literally just a good platforming challenge combined with spamming devastator/visibombs or blaster/glove bomb if you're desperate
Man fuck gamers. That shit was fun as fuck. You can literally avoid all damage during the Drek fight if u git gud and you should've had the ultra premium nanotech or whatever giving you double health just in case.
>>
>>387587464
It wasn't that different from UYA, no, but it was extremely different from 1, and just sort of crossed some kind of line.

It's like GC was kind of different from 1, and UYA was kind of different than GC, but still kind of like 1, and then Deadlocked came and it was kind of like UYA, but not really like 1. It doesn't mkae it bad. I love Deadlocked. It was just different.
>>
>>387587801
Fair enough. I just saw it as an extension of the arena battles from 2 and 3 and so I had no issue. Hell, I absolutely love that bit with Merc and Green, where Green talks about some girl he was in love with and how has a phobia of park benches.
>>
>>387587464
It did away with the platforming.
R&C at its best has always been a good mix of shooting and platforming, sometimes both at the same time. Deadlocked was almost entirely arena combat- using multiplayer arenas as the basis for the singleplayer campaign made for perhaps the most drab level design in the series.
UYA had a lot of arena fighting as well, but it also had some interesting platforming challenges, although they weren't as well entwined with the shooting as they had been in 1/GC.
>>
>>387588451
but the tower climbing was pure platforming
>>
>First three games > the rest
And if you don't like it you can form a line behind me and kiss my
>>
>>387589036
How could they fuck it up so fucking badly. They literally just needed to modernise the controls. Fuck Insomniac and fuck Sony.
>>
>>387588451
I want to say they didn't do away with it entirely as this Anon states>>387588634 there were towers you had to climb, all of which was more platforming than anything else. Was platforming downplayed? Totally. Was it completely absent? Not at all.
>>
File: Devastator.png (60KB, 478x270px) Image search: [Google]
Devastator.png
60KB, 478x270px
>rockets ricochet of of enemies
best rocket launcher
>>
>>387581461
I love them all. Which one I love most depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
1 is the best because of the top tier platforming, asshole Ratchet and the unique atmosphere.
2 is the best because it has the most variety and content.
3 is the best because it has the most polish and doesn't have >that level.
Deadlocked is the best because of the godtier coop.
>>
>>387588634
>>387589371
Fuck you got me, I had completely forgotten about those
It had you navigating copy-and-paste platforms for the most part, but it was platforming alright.
I feel my point still stands, though. Outside of the 3-4 tower climbing challenges and a couple missions on the other planets (the first or second one on Valix comes to mind), the game is devoid of any meaningful platforming.

>>387589036
Debatable on 3 IMO. On replays the arena-only planets feel like blatant padding. I've always given ToD shit for its lack of split paths, but 3 is even worse. You have 3 paths on Daxx, 2 on the spaceport level, and... that's it? Probably not, but the game is still incredibly linear. Levels aren't as fleshed out as they were in the previous two entries.
>>
>>387589282
If you couldn't see it coming after the future games I don't know what to say to you.
>>
>>387589697
The most significant branching path in Ratchet 3 is the vidcomics. Metropolis doesn't unlock until you play vidcomic episodes 2, 3 and 4 and you can skip them until the very last minute.

Except the vidcomics are boring as fuck, so please don't do that.
>>
>>387589697
I didn't mind the arena only planets, but that was because from a story standpoint it made sense. It was the middle of a war and all that, so as a kid, I thought it was pretty cool.
>>
>>387581461
I have not played A Crack in Time, which many people claim to be flawless. So far, the only truly great game for me is Quest for Booty, IF it was longer. UYA's gameplay is a bit too simple (avoid projectile attacks and shoot back with less inventive weapons). GC is too unpolished. R&C one is a bit rough. Deadlocked has too little exploration. TOD is too easy on replays (except Tachyon). The PSP titles can fuck right off, the stories are retarded and too many rough edges.
>>
thoughts on the Ratchet remake on PS4?
>>
>>387584421
>>387584868
>get top tier armour
>never see Ratchet's face again
>>
>>387590303
It's a movie tie in game
>>
>>387590303
Story is shit, characters are shit, dialogue is shit, levels are mostly good, weapons are cool, music is shit.
>>
Picking a game for best story is like picking the best episode of Family Guy; it's literally pointless because it's just there to humour you for thinking there's going to be an actual story.

Best GAME though, probably GC/L&L.
>>
>>387590490
While ignoring the story in a game is the holy right of every gaymer, AT THE SAME TIME people like you are enabling shit writing in future titles.
>>
>>387590148
True on both counts, yeah. You also have the Kavu Island and Metropolis optional arenas as secondary path placebos. Still, short as fuck, linear levels became the norm in 3 rather than the exception.

>>387590175
I thought the same as a kid, hence why I mentioned replays. Once you know the missions you're just going through the motions. It's still fun because the controls and weapons are great, but it's kind of repetitive.

>>387590237
A Crack in Time is far from flawless, but people are often willing to forgive its flaws because space exploration is fucking great. It's also got a genuinely good story IMO. Weird that the same Fixman who penned stupid shit like ToD or Nexus came up with it.
>GC is too unpolished
Interesting opinion. It's true that weapon leveling is very barebones and enemies become damage sponges near the end making most of the early weapons completely useless, but is that all?
>>
I played 1 recently, its amazing how much worse it feels just because strafing wasn't a thing yet
>>
>>387591035
But it wasn't designed around strafing
>>
>>387591123
This, the level and enemy design just doesn't ask as much of you as the later games do.
>>
>>387590974
Now that you mention replays, I remember doing replays but with specific things to spice it up, such as playing the game in first person only, or only using certain weapons. Those were some interesting times.
>>
>>387590974
What I mean by "unpolished" means a month or two of extra time could have fixed minor glitches in controls, camera, and other small matters. Plus, some in-level cutscenes never trigger on second playthroughs. That's bad.

And I never thought TOD had a stupid story, never even considered that. The only flaw of the game is TOO MANY USELESS WEAPONS and its overall easiness.
>>
bümp
>>
2 is the best game overall, 3 could be if it had anymore map and enemy variation
>>
Ratchet and Clank 2016 pissed me off so much

half the worlds are missing, Ratchet is so much more generic, the whole story progression is fucked because of the story tweaks

I get its supposed to be a remake and not the same, but the first R&C was an amazing story/game/experience and I just wanted an HD version of it
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.