[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about them as a studio?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Japan Studio.jpg (15KB, 660x120px) Image search: [Google]
Japan Studio.jpg
15KB, 660x120px
How do you feel about them as a studio?
>>
>>387572459
havent played every game they played but from the ones i played i enjoyed all of them except for gravity rush 2.
>>
File: OKCupid.jpg (67KB, 511x571px) Image search: [Google]
OKCupid.jpg
67KB, 511x571px
>>387572459
It's hard to really judge their output as one studio, since they've got a huge personnel base that are constantly being reshuffled (Their old subdivisons like Project Siren and PlayStation CAMP don't actually exist anymore; each Japan Studio game is basically just a various hodge-podge of different staff members) and are constantly working on a million different things at one given time, so their quality varies wildly. Even in the past few years, you've got really good internal games like Gravity Rush 2 versus total shit like Knack and good collaborations like Bloodborne and Soul Sacrifice versus crap like that F2P game helmed by Miyamoto's son-in-law with the Soviet aesthetic.
>>
>>387574604
Ah, Tomorrow's Children. So glad it was panned by critics and flopped. It always looked like shit, out of place in Japanese conferences, and screamed "indie shit".

>Yoshida: "This game is made by the studio behind the """popular""' pixel junk series, guys!"

I'm glad it's over.
>>
Talented and creative but inconsistent probably the 4th best Sony studio
>>
>>387574604

I wonder if he ever made it and followed his dreams.
>>
>>387572459

I'm almost 100% sure that Bloodborne was magnificent thanks to them, even if they just threw code monkeys at it. Bloodborne feels too polished compare to any Fromsoft-only Souls game.
>>
>>387572459
Interesting that they're doing the gruntwork for some Chinese game that Sony are bankrolling.

http://www.dualshockers.com/monkey-king-hero-back-confirmed-western-release-ps4/
>>
>>387575414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiGPTI06fn8
>>
Utterly competent
>>
>>387572459
>We hear that Sony has received many requests from veteran fans – not limited to Arc the Lad and Wild Arms – for the resurrection of SIE Japan Studio’s titles focused on the Japanese audience, especially a few JRPG franchises. Yet, in Recent years, due to the soaring of development costs, investment has been mainly focused on titles which could be hits on a global scale.

>That being said, recently Japanese studios’ games developed for Japanese gamers have received high praise overseas. This is leading Sony to begin considering whether it could be profitable for its Worldwide Studios to make that kind of game again.

What would this even be? Isn't Legend of Dragoon the only JRPG they've done by themselves?
>>
>>387572459
I'm one of the few people who buy Playstation consoles for the first party titles.
Japan Studio made so many great and truly creative games, it's a real shame they don't make a lot anymore.
>>
File: Mvlogo.png (5KB, 180x57px) Image search: [Google]
Mvlogo.png
5KB, 180x57px
>>387578113
Throw some money at these guys for a new Wild Arms. Surely that'd be more lucrative than watered down-SMT Digimon games and shit Valkryia spinoffs.
>>
>>387575032
Tomorrow Children was the pet project of Q-Games' founder Dylan Cuthbert. I think that Q-Games lost some key people in 2012/2013 so they let him go full retard and make the game.
I'm glad its over.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.