[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: gigantic-rdt-og-image.jpg (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gigantic-rdt-og-image.jpg
2MB, 1200x1200px
What went wrong?
>>
>>387569296
shitty game play that somehow made team play even less likely than OW.
>>
>>387569296
Played in a 5-stack for two hours, destroyed everybody. Like all hero/team-based games, it just comes down to who rushes harder and in a more coordinated manner.
>>
It got boring after a few sessions.
>>
I found it fun. I play it now and then. I doubt it'll survive which is a shame. The animation is gorgeous.
>>
>>387569296
Being stuck in development hell for a bit
Being published by Perfect World Entertainment and all the shit that comes with it
Requiring 6GB of RAM when most plebs who play free games are on potato PCs with only 4GB
Lack of balance, no nerfs which were needed to a certain character in the latest patch
Lack of incentive to keep playing compared to other games out there.
>>
>>387569483
>it just comes down to who plays better as a team
As expected from a team game.
>>387569296
Don't know. The game looks and feels great, but I stopped playing it after a week of closed beta testing back before it released. The team definitely did a good job but I just thing the market has too many hero multiplayer games coming out
>>
>>387569296
Streamer bait, designed to be a quick and easy cash grab-and-run. Half-ass some flavor of the month bullshit with a couple of guys for a low budget, pay a few big name streamers to play it, make some quick bank off of all their fanboys who lap it up then let it die 2 weeks later.

That is the video game industry now.
>>
>>387569296
It's fun but it feels like they stopped making the game halfway through development . There's no real progression for playing as everything is stupidly expensive, there's no real skill improvement overtime as unless you buy a character you won't be playing them often due to a shifting roster of F2P characters, there's no shit talking the other team at all due to no game chat or gloating after a win as everyone gets kicked the second the game ends, there's no team work as no one pays attention to pings (or even know you can ping the minimap) no one uses a mic(or even joins the fucking channel) and no one can even read that ridiculously tiny chat, the characters feel very bland and flat and have too few customization options and like they have no personality (should have had scathing bants and shouts coming from the heroes during the chaos of a team fight)
Also there's what 3 maps? And only one type of game mode? That's unacceptable even for a f2p game.

That's off the top of my head after 27 hours played.
It amazes me how the devs talk about how this game was in development hell and how they worked so hard to make sure the game came out and how proud they are of it.
Like how the fuck? THIS is what you worked so hard for? This boring mess of a game?
>>
The maps are all shit with glaring flaws that make them unfun to play on
>>
>>387570751
>designed to be a quick and easy cash grab-and-run.
It literally wasn't. It was close to not ever coming out and they basically had to fire the entire studio to have enough money to get the game out the door. They need the game to do well for a while.
Maybe look up any applicable information about what you're posting about before you hit that post button dummy.
>>
>>387571045
>Maybe look up any applicable information about what you're posting about before you hit that post button dummy.

The irony here is incredible. Maybe you're a dev and I struck a nerve? Literally every streamer who plays this garbage only does it when they sponsor them (pay them.) and they have sponsored quite a few people numerous times including Sodapoppin who isn't cheap due to his viewer base.

Perhaps if they would have put that money towards actual game development instead of shilling it wouldnt have been such a blunder.
>>
Matches run too long. They always feel like a drag by the time the clash comes around.
>>
One of the absolute worst art styles I have ever seen in a non 2D game
>>
>>387571241
>Point out you're talking out of your ass and clearly didn't look up any info about the development of gigantic
>LOL U MUST BE A STREAMER OR A SHILL
I am in no way defending them you stupid stupid man child. I am simply saying that they intended for this game to last longer than a quick cash out.
Cash grab games are a thing of the past. It's all about games as a service now and loot boxes. Devs and publishers want to milk as much money for as long as possible. That's simple common sense.
>>
File: Aisling500-0.png (168KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
Aisling500-0.png
168KB, 500x642px
I'll tell you something they did right instead.
Best girl.
>>
File: 1360019715658.png (463KB, 513x453px) Image search: [Google]
1360019715658.png
463KB, 513x453px
It's a very fun game, my current 4th for GOTY, map variety is a bit low, playing melee can be suffering a little too often, sad that it's probably not gonna take.
What went wrong:
>Jewed by microsoft out of money and a on time/first on the scene of this genre release
>Xbone and Windows 10 exclusivity that never came to be in the end made the games little existing publicity negative
>Literally no money left to advertise other than getting the new releases section of Steam for a day and top sellers for like 2 and hoping people will spread the word
>Had a restrictive and ultimately unnecessary hardware restriction at launch that seemed to box out a lot of people on shit PCs that were apparently pretty interested in playing a game like this and was fixed after there attention had gone elsewhere
>/v/ almost stopped spamming that it was a shill thread and then the character designer said some dumb SJW shit and I'm sure you can guess what happened next
>Gigantic threads moved to /vg/ instead of just ignoring really low effort shitposts, "We won't become one of THOSE /vg/ threads," they said.
Guess what happened?

>Acitijew Blizzards game and HiRez: the company who literally uses a business model where they begin P2W price gouging their communities the moment they dip below a certain playerbase threshold, squeezing as much as they can out of the whales that try to remain, and then burn the entire thing and start anew once the money from the last 500 or so players paying 1000 each a month start to give out
>Those are your options for the hero shooter genre
>The one game in this soulless genre that was an actual passion project that the team continued developing once they had no more money for payment, devs literally worked for free while the others both intend to bend you over harder if the money stops being good at any point, whereas the Gigantic devs are probably going to keep the servers open until they can't afford to anymore
Kill me pete
>>
File: 804352.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
804352.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>>387569296
Should made the butts bigger and changed the name
>>
>>387571706
There's nothing stopping you from making threads about the game on /v/

nobody is obligated to use /vg/
>>
>>387571434
The art is great though, you just have shit taste.
>>
>>387569296
no servers in oceania or SEA, a lot of potential players not installing it because they'd get pingfucked
>>
>>387571706
Oh, also
>Any game where you have to type the game name and then game at the end instead of just the game name is already fighting an uphill battle
>>
>>387571689
but is she, dare I say, a JoJo reference?
>>
>>387571706
serves them right for being cucks.
>>
Trusting Microsoft
Trusting whoever runs that piece of shit Arc
Sitting around on their asses for years and allowing Paladins to swoop in to steal the F2P market
>>
>>387571964
yeah this is some anti-seo shit, naming your game after a common word misspelling
what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>387569296
was there something even wrong? I like it but I dont want to play it all the time
>>
>>387571689
Ugly
>>
the company behind this game is shit
>>
>>387571545
Do yourself a favor and learn to ignore posts that are that fucking stupid.
>>
>>387571706
Why the fuck are giganticfags so salty about OW and Paladins?
>>
File: 1428294179117.jpg (375KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1428294179117.jpg
375KB, 560x560px
>>387572112
>naming your game after a common word misspelling
>What the fuck, it's misspelled? I've never noticed that before
>Google the word
>Because I play a lot of Gigantic and google shit I googled Gigantic and the game came up for the entire first page
>My fucking face for a minute there
I thought I genuinely forgot how to spell the word Gigantic
>>
>>387572072
>Sitting around on their asses for years and allowing Paladins
This was their biggest mistake.
It's literally battleborn all over again.
A clearly better game gets shit on because they shittier game came out first.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (489KB, 1061x864px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
489KB, 1061x864px
>>387571964
>Any game where you have to type the game name and then game at the end instead of just the game name

?
>>
File: 1362197819277.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1362197819277.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>387572403
>The wrong child died, why are people salty?
You're either a blizzfag, or supporting HiRez after what they did to the best FPS of the modern age, either way I SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>387572403
We're not though
>>
>>387569296
Why play it instead of Smite? The giant monsters don't add much.
>>
>>387569296
How hard it is to get currency. I can win a couple of games and it still wouldn't be enough to buy even the cheapest character.
>>
File: F.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
F.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
>>387570765
>the characters feel very bland and flat and have too few customization options and like they have no personality

I'll tell you what they do have, though; they have a frog character that says "Feels Good Man" and "Feels Bad Man."
>>
>6gb ram minimum
>f2p
That's not how it works
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.