[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/idya: After Dark, Weekend Blues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 18

File: after dark.jpg (40KB, 450x289px) Image search: [Google]
after dark.jpg
40KB, 450x289px
Video Game Radio:
http://www.rpgamers.net/radio/

Hello and welcome to /v/idya, After Dark. A little early today at 10:45, After Dark usually happens after midnight but it's Friday night. Some people are out and about and some are just hanging back and enjoying the video games.

Today's run features:
Konami Code courtesy of Gaming Historian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkSYX0N07CQ

While Konami isn't the organization it used to be with their gambling machines now, I salute the company they once were. Truly in their time, they were something pretty special.

Do you miss video game codes? I know I do. Sure it might get in the way of a trophy or two but hey, something I just wanna go all out on enemies and such.

Today's Board News:
-Don't forget Monday morning to check out the Eclipse. Watch safely out there anon, if you can't find any solar glasses, at the very least try several pairs of sunglasses or a pinhole system something- sun damage to the eye can permanently ruin your Vidya Experience!

Meanwhile in the slower boards:
- /n/ Transportation has some nice biking threads, might now be a bad time to break out the ole' two wheeler.
- /po/ Papercraft & Origami has an anon trying to build a functional computing device out of paper. Will he succeed? Only time will tell.
- Meanwhile the brother board /vr/ has a thread for spooky games of yesteryear, "Dark n' Gritty Old Games". A little early for Halloween but something to look forward to this season wouldn't you say?

A salute to all you hardworking anons out there and if all you did was stay home today, that's fine too. Sometimes we need a little Me time.
>>
I've never seen this before and I usually go pretty late, but hey, seems more quality than the average /v/ thread so I'll bite
>>
cheat codes are one of the things I miss the most in modern games
>>
This seems comfy. inb4 some fag calls it cringe
>>
>>387567550
Thanks anon, every post counts.
These threads are a work in progress but as a weekly execution it's managable.

>>387567675
It's a tragedy. I was watching my sister play Horizon Zero Dawn and she was starting over from the very beginning. A cheat code here and there can help reduce the feel of grinding- if I've already beaten a game having to regrind the same things is just a hassle and sometimes I just want to check things out. Sadly, they've fallen out of favor in the times and I honestly can't recall the last game that had them.
>>
File: keyboard.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
keyboard.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
Wanted to make the room with desk and tele not look trash for some time. Only realised I don't know anything about this once the money was available. Any of you have nice rooms?
>>
This reminds me of those threads on /b/ that had that rain soundtrack and jazz on loop
>>
File: 1467335324560.png (203KB, 480x386px) Image search: [Google]
1467335324560.png
203KB, 480x386px
>>387567226
This is an uncharacteristically chill thread for /v/, I bought crypt of the necrodancer for ps4 a few days ago, it's really fun, most characters soundtrack is exactly the same, but with a stylish change in genre, like the Bard having groovy synthwave or Eli being more 80's Rock.
>>
>>387567226
yeah I'll join in
I actually hate inputting codes on /vr/ games, but it sure it was better than the cinematic faggotry we have today
>>
>>387567226
cringe
>>
>>387568792
that was pretty cool
we could have a cyberpunk version of it, with some techno music (also jazz for dat noir feel) and the rain thingie
>>
>>387568986
Lurk somewhere else. We're actually trying to relax in this thread.
>>
>>387569015
No.
>>
Can't play vidya for a few days because I'm moving. Is Spectrum good for vidya?
>>
>>387568817
>Crypt of the Necrodancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiQUw5Np8o

Holy shit this game was MADE for a dance pad.
>>
>>387569205
It's fine, but ISPs are always dependent on the location; my Spectrum could be better or worse than yours
>>
>>387569265
>>387568189 was right. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>387567226
You have to go back.
>>
These threads remind me of ROB threads. What happened to Robguy anyway? Did /v/ shitpost him away?
>>
>>387569518
This sounds familiar as fuck.
>>
File: 1438231800714.gif (2MB, 162x149px) Image search: [Google]
1438231800714.gif
2MB, 162x149px
/v/ has enough faggotry and shitposting to deal with without some faggy r/a/dio knockoff.

Advertising your stream/site is against site rules, kill yourself.
>>
>>387569518
probably, although i heard he got banned for avatarfagging or something, but thats just a rumor
>>
Ugh

CRINGEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387569791
>good threads aren't allowed
>only shitposting, console war faggotry, and memes
I hate nu-/v/.
>>
>>387569872
>>387569791
>>387569489
*exasperated sigh*
>>
>>387569896
>faggot circle jerks
>"good threads"
Kill yourself. If you just want to listen to video game music, vip and source both still exist and are still being updated.

Not that you'd know what I'm talking about, because you are nu-/v/.
>>
>>387569791
Are you mentally incapable of reading more than the first few words in the OP?
>>387569953
You sound like a faggot
>>
>>387570237
It's less of a circlejerk than console war faggotry and other common /v/ threads
>>
>>387567226
CRINGE
>>
>>387570237
>People being chill and trying to enjoy themselves means it's a circle-jerk.
Whatever man,that's you're opinion.

Anybody get any dirt on the TF2 Pyro update? I've been gone for a few months.
>>
Bumping for potential enjoyable thread. What are you anons playing tonight? I'm getting down on some Rimworld at the moment
>>
My favorite part of these threads is the spergs that crawl out of the woodwork to try and derail something because it's not the constant stream of shitposting they are used to.
>>
>>387570470
Valve's still stalling it. They forgot what it's like to have to do real work.
>>
>>387570470
*your
Better correct that little mistake before someone uses it to undermine my intelligence, anyways,
I've been looking for a good MMO to play, any recommendations?
>>
>>387570349
You mean where he's talking about the fucking solar eclipse and /po/? Yeah, what does that have to do with fucking video games? It's almost like the goal of this thread isn't to discuss video games, but to be an autistic circlejerk.

And are you mentally incapable of reading the rules? How is blatantly shilling your site/stream suddenly okay?
>>
>>387570603
So did you.
>>
>>387567675
You and me both. They were great for squeezing every last bit of fun out of a game.
>>
>>387570705
?
>>
>>387570825
Okay.
>>
>The guys that made Fusion are working on Samus Returns
Why is /v/ acting like this game will be bad? I remember lots of hype during the reveal.
>>
>>387570676
Except I never defended this fucking thread. You were so caught up in your autistic rage you did not even bother to read what the thread was about, talking about rule that wasn't even broken because no site is being shilled. Sure you could argue half the OP isn't on topic though, but that's not what I was fucking talking about.
>>
>>387571001
Nobody cares, shitbrain.
>>
>>387568189
We used to have gentlemen threads with rainy mood music and fun oc from time to time.It just kinda stopped being posted.

>>387567226

>bewareoblivionisathand
>BOBBYBIRD
will always stick with me for some reason.
>>
>>387571106
You did enough to reply.
>>
>>387571128
>gentlemen threads
cringe, literally fedora tier
>>
>>387570705
>>387570845
>>387571106
All the same person, trying as hard as he can to undermine a thread
>>
>>387571128
TORtanic was a mistake.
>>
>>387570603
When was the last time Valve did fucking ANYTHING. Seriously I'm so...I'm not even mad. I'm way past that. I'm just disappointed.
>>
I like this thread but I hate the faggots in it
>>
>>387570567
Running any significant content mods? I like Rimworld a lot, but after 100 hours or so vanilla got really boring. I feel like the "build a ship" thing is there just for the sake of having a win condition. I gave Hardcore_SK a shot but it's kind of clusterfucky.
>>
>>387571472
I think we should take solace in the fact that there are anons that legit want some chill threads without going up in arms about the smallest thing.

What chill games have you guys played lately?
>>
>>387571027
>no site is being shilled
Are you blind?
>http://www.rpgamers.net/radio/
>>
>>387571472
the only way to keep any thread on /v/ up for more than a few minutes is to incite pointless arguing.
>>
File: PhilosiBait.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
PhilosiBait.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>387572075
I guess that means every time someone posts a link to Imgur, Twitter or YouTubethat counts as shilling, Right?
>>
>>387570567
I'd be hosting lobbies for my obscure anime fighter but alas, I cannot
>>
>>387572075
>Linking a site is the equivalent to shilling
I bet OP is also the Gaming Historian right?
It's obvious that OP is trying to create a "comfy" thread where people browse while listening to music
>>
>>387571963
Rez Infinite is incredibly fun, and it's a spiritual experience in VR. Pretty chill if you want it to be.
>>
>>387569791

What's the point of this post? One more game-related thread doesn't hurt the board when at least half of all threads at any given time are explicitly off-topic. I don't understand where your butthurt is coming from.
>>
Stop posting to the obvious troll. It says a lot about him that his main purpose at this time of night is to shitpost in a thread that is trying it's hardest to be free if typical /v/ trash. But I guess this is just more proof that /v/ just doesn't exist anymore.

OP: I miss fun/silly codes like banjo Kazooie or Tony Hawks pro skater. Ones that didn't really alter the game in any ways, but were also cute/neat little quirks. I think when you have cheat codes to just go god node or whatever, as soon as you know that code, it just sits in the back of your mind the entire time.
>>
>>387572238
>>387572358
Uh, yeah. This isn't a news article or something, and 90% of the time someone links to Youtube here, it's blatant shilling. /v/ has its own playlist, there's no reason to post shit like this.
>>
>>387567226
>Do you miss video game codes? I know I do. Sure it might get in the way of a trophy or two but hey, something I just wanna go all out on enemies and such.

Cheat codes are great. Unfortunately, when they were commonplace, a lot of "hardcore gamers" (or, at least, the most vocal minority of them on the internet) hated cheat codes. "Cheat codes ruin games" was a fairly popular opinion. I'm afraid that game developers actually listened to them.

Most of /v/ seems to think cheat codes went away because achievements/trophies were added to games, but this explanation really makes no sense at all, considering it's entirely possible (and easy) simply to disable achievements whenever cheats are used. This has been done in a number of games which have both cheat codes and achievements.

You don't see cheat codes anymore because their implementation is extra work which many gamers didn't appreciate.
>>
>>387573296
>/v/ has its own playlist

You mean some attention whore made a playlist and claimed it's an official /v/ thing? Neat.

You realize those things are never good, right? The "/v/'s Recommended Games" wiki is currently maintained by Redditors who don't post on /v/ or don't even know what /v/ is.

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:23771
>>
>>387572238
i mean i was enjoying the thread but you're just asking to be called retarded with a post like this.
>>
I hate video game codes, at worst they were old school locked content at best they are some kids free pass through single player
>>
>>387574161
>some kids free pass through single player

but how could you possibly give a fuck
>>
File: 215.jpg (31KB, 505x490px) Image search: [Google]
215.jpg
31KB, 505x490px
>>387574701
Honestly i feel that some people play on easy mode or cheat with code or guidebooks then come on 4chan and get into arguments with people who played the game str8 up and dont account for the fact that they literally cheated when giving you their opinion. It happens all the time one example is when i got into some argument over DS1 back before 2 was even announced. Like 10 posts in on this guy shitting on the game then it turns out he used the drake sword then after that it turns out he followed a guide and knew everything about the game before playing it. These kinds of people FILL threads because they dont play games they just argue about them on 4chan. Its like talking about PoE but the other guy is playing noobcore but wont admit that.

I mean im not rupturing a blood vain over it but its annoying, also its much more rewarding to play it out and do it right then take the easy way out even if you have to force it on people they will be better off in the long run.
>>
>>387575281
>it's much more rewarding to play it out and do it right
I'm with you on that one
>even if you have to force it on people they will be better off in the long run
Not so much this. Especially if it's single player, I don't give a shit. The whole purpose of a video game is to enjoy yourself and have fun, and if people don't enjoy an actual challenge then it's whatever. I don't get it, but I'm not gonna act like "forcing" a more difficult experience is going to be better for them than letting them have an easier experience.
>>
>>387575465
Well whats your opinion on "story mode" difficulty options then? If you are agreeing with people being able to breeze through these games if thats what they want then do you think a game like darksouls should have a "story mode" difficulty setting?
>>
Rocket League
>>
>>387570567
Playing Ghost Trick, it's fantastic so far. It's one of the few games that have made me burst out laughing
>>
>>387575779
Yeah, sure, I honestly don't care. I think achievements should be disabled for such a difficulty though, or handled like games such as ToME where there's a different achievement set for each difficulty.
>>
>>387573778
I remember seeing someone trying to reclaim the wiki by holding polls on /v/, but I think they gave up cause the threads always died
>>
>>387576142
>achievements disabled
Why?
>>
File: 20170206_204627.jpg (599KB, 2125x1196px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_204627.jpg
599KB, 2125x1196px
>>387568698
Not sure if I'd call it nice, but it's reasonably well furnished and comfortable. Best advice I can give is to bundle your wires and use furnishings to cover where they need to go where you can. If you're looking for furniture, there's no shame in picking up pieces from thrift stores; my cube shelf in the picture was only 30 bucks and it's a rock solid figure stand/media cabinet.
>>
>>387576284
Because, as you said, people who play on higher difficulties tend to like the challenge and tend to also like to have something to show for it, and understandably feel like they should have something to show for it that is also something that players facing a lesser challenge don't have. Meanwhile, people who play on easy or "story mode" settings don't give a shit about achievements, otherwise they'd likely be playing on higher difficulties. It's a win-win. People who like a challenge have something to show over those who couldn't/wouldn't complete it at the same difficulty, while the people playing on easy get to also enjoy the game.
>>
hopping from mmo to mmo looking for soemthing to hold my attention. i only have vanilla/wotlk wow installed, along with project beta for mapelstory v40b. Reinstalling crypt of the necrodancer
>>
This seems like a comfy thread.
>>
I actually read OP's post in my head like an actual radio broadcast.

Though I'd imagine an actual /v/ radio station would be some guy stuttering into the mic while eating hotpockets.
>>
File: 1492304755438.jpg (9KB, 199x255px) Image search: [Google]
1492304755438.jpg
9KB, 199x255px
>>387576340

>tfw you live in a dump
>>
>>387576340
I like your setup a lot. Very comfy.
>>
>>387577156
Never too late to start fixing it up, and from my experience, there's never such a thing as a pristine home. It's a never-ending battle to keep my place up, especially when the depression hits and doing anything more than staring at a start screen for a game is just too much of an energy expenditure. Sometimes you just have to make peace with the idea that until you get motivated, your recliner is just 'the laundry chair'.
>>
>>387577387
Thanks. This is probably about how I'll keep it for quite some time, especially after dropping my projector for the TV. I do kind of miss my 5.1, but the wires were all over the damn place and my receiver started cutting up.
>>
File: 59442.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
59442.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>387576442
I just want to be able to go on /v/ or where ever and have a conversation with someone who played the game fair and square just like I did. But honestly im looking to back out of this conversation because i defiantly cant defend taking away everyones easy mode just to justify my wishes

>>387576754
Good morning, fellow freedom-likers. /v/irgin radio, the fourth branch of government, the 19 th board. You know, th-th-there are three things we're never gonna get rid of here in /v/, One, the tripfags in the public drawthreads. Two, nitendrones. And three, our six-term overlord... the illiterate, tax-cheating, wife-swapping, pot-smoking Japaneses spend-o-crat... Hiroyuki Nishimura. Now, why are we doomed to this Hiroyuki quagmire, you ask, O reasonable Listener? Because this board is under the stranglehold of... a few tie-dyed tree SJWs who would rather complain about lolis than lock up the /pol/tards. So, my friends, let's just junk those dumb-o-crats... and their bleeding heart battleborn threads.
>>
>>387567226
bumpo
>>
I'm about to try aura kingdom because i've run out of options
>>
>>387578978
Have you played PoE?
>>
File: 1502687273509.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1502687273509.gif
2MB, 540x304px
It's a shame that cheat codes have fallen by the way side. They were a great idea that helped people continue through difficult segments and added a lot of replayability to anything with decent gameplay.

Comfy thread OP.
>>
UNDERSTAND

UNDERSTAND
>>
>>387570676
>>387573296
Before you kids saw those posts exposing certain companies for making fake threads to advertise and started pitching your fits, it was generally acceptable to post a link to another site.
>>
There was a really nice Outrun thread the other day and it made me remember some cheatcode in either Outrun 2 or 2006. You put in MILESANDMILES as your name on the license and it maxed out your miles points so you could buy everything immediately.
>>
>>387579034
Never gavr it a a true proper shot desu. I'll check it out, anon. best server or realm?
>>
>>387580630
Only two servers hardcore and softcore, play hardcore. Some people can enjoy Arpgs without the rush of hardcore, but i dont think of them as "people"
>>
>>387573778
It's been a thing for far longer than you've been here. You don't even know what I'm referring to.
>>
>>387581321
"It's SO old. The oldest thing you've ever seen. It's like, ten times as old as you think it is."
Then post it DAWG
>>
File: 1472391117847.jpg (38KB, 350x308px) Image search: [Google]
1472391117847.jpg
38KB, 350x308px
>>387581452
Do you really think I'm about to let a thread full of redditors in on it?
>>
>>387581321
I think, I do know what you are talking about, it was on some website where the whole thing is a media player right? And the mascot was some pixulated animal? Man that IS old, i tried giving it a go but i actually hate like 99% of vidya music
>>
File: 1502238221645.png (242KB, 492x478px) Image search: [Google]
1502238221645.png
242KB, 492x478px
What an oddly pleasant thread. Popped in due to PUBG servers going offline for the moment, at least I think so.
>>
>>387581732
I feel the honeymoon phase of PUBG is over
>>
>>387581674
>the mascot was some pixulated animal
I don't think you're thinking of the same thing. Are you talking about the tab icon? It used to just be a clover, I think. It's some blue trianglish thing now.
>>
File: 1502945586116.png (282KB, 642x657px) Image search: [Google]
1502945586116.png
282KB, 642x657px
>>387581803

I felt the same way after 5 matches in solo. It's only good with bros you can shoot the shit with on discord.
>>
>>387581870
Maybe, i just remember there being thread up all the time about some /v/ radio back when japan time was a thing, and i have a vague recollection of what the website was like. No matter, it was never relevant to my interests anyway
>>
This was a nice little thread. Reminds me of days passed.
>>
So here is a controversial opinion, i want another game like world of warcraft to come out and dominate the market for years. I miss being part of a huge community every game i play nowadays is super niche and empty and all the big games like league and Cod are boring as fuck.

Warcraft 4 would be pretty sweet, as bad as sc2 got the first two good years were really good. Watching streams, staying up for korea time, drawing fanart, PLAYING the game, even the MASSIVE threads that would be stickyed on /v/ during usa tourneys... aaaah nostalgia.
>>
>>387567226
Lately I've been watching a lot of older gmod and early SFM videos late into the night and I just have to wonder where the times have gone. Any other anons been watching old vidya content lately?
>>
you know I never played Alan wake, but holy shit the Poet and the Muse is so damn good Im glad I decided to play the radio
>>
File: 218003-nge_1a.jpg (8KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
218003-nge_1a.jpg
8KB, 267x200px
It's not much of a cheat, but I miss silly codes that unlocked things like Big Head Mode.
>>
File: franbal.gif (2MB, 384x182px) Image search: [Google]
franbal.gif
2MB, 384x182px
>>387570567

Watching ChrisOdd play the XCOM 2 expansion early

Finishing off some hunts in Zodiac Age later

Tonight's my FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKER
>>
okay path of exile is done. having a bit of fun tonight. Stil
>>
i think i'm gonna roll an ally rogue on warmane's icecrown wotlk server for funs
>>
Playan the Wurm private server with some /v/Ros, idle medding before I head off to sleep, listinan to r/a/dio already, stumbled across a chill thread, got paid, dog didn't shit on the floor today
Today is a good day
>>
>>387584880
hardcore?

>>387584824
Do you know anything about that xcom clone coming out that makes you fight land seamonsters?
>>
Okay. Which one of you assholes picked the Chrono Trigger rape scream song?
>>
File: Prophecies Character Selection2.jpg (75KB, 1008x692px) Image search: [Google]
Prophecies Character Selection2.jpg
75KB, 1008x692px
I've been playing guild wars again, got all nostalgic for it last night and raided the website, found a ton of old screenshots and videos still up there that i've downloaded.
Nothing gets me comfy, nostalgic and a little melancholy like guild wars.
>>
>>387585220
yeah, figured why nor go hardcore. witch. not sure what build or anything but i like wands
>>
File: sad moth.png (77KB, 252x340px) Image search: [Google]
sad moth.png
77KB, 252x340px
>>387567226
>http://www.rpgamers.net/radio/
Reminds me of a time when I was a regular member of a popular vgm room in plug.dj. Good times.
>>
>>387585792
I'm always surprised by how good it still is whenever I go back
>>
What are the general thoughts on absolver? I think it looks pretty interesting, i like the fighting styles and such, but am afraid it might get boring after 2 hours
>>
>>387589218
If you're going to get it, get it early, i'm not sure how long a player base will stay around for it or whether it will sustain anything
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.