/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone recommend any good MMO's not in terminal decline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: butterfly-814568_1280.jpg (191KB, 1280x879px) Image search: [Google]
butterfly-814568_1280.jpg
191KB, 1280x879px
I've been thinking about getting into MMO's, (not guild wars 2). Any recommendations? Only other rule is that its playerbase isn't in decline.
>>
Star Trek Online gains its regular player base then slowly loses them in between content patches, there is an unbelievable amount of endgame content though.
>>
>>387564158
None
WoW and FFXIV are both shitty themepark crap that recycles the same content for years
BDO is korean grind shit with a sandbox that doesn't work due to said grind
ESO is in delcine
Wildstar is legitimately dead
SWTOR is basically a singleplayer nu-Bioware game filled with players that are practically bots
X, Y, Z Korean game is a grindfest with p2w systems
Rift is dead

You're seriously better off just playing a good co-op game. Monster Hunter World will probably be great, but for now you have Path of Exile, Divinity:OS, Risk of Rain, Warframe, and Killing Floor 1 and 2 to mess with for now.
>>
File: 1502899626627.png (7KB, 124x149px) Image search: [Google]
1502899626627.png
7KB, 124x149px
>>387564842
But if you can get past their downsides:
WoW and FFXIV are the best themeparks available.
ESO is worth looking into if you want a different flavor of themepark (or are a fan of TES in general).
SWTOR is a ton of fun if you have a buddy or two and one of them happens to be a dick.
Warframe and BDO are grindy as shit, but at least there's stuff to do.
>>
>>387565408
Oh wow, any thoughts on Albion online?
>>
>>387566176
Haven't tried it, so I can't give an opinion on it.
>>
I would get the MMO itch from time to time, but I've come to the realization that one will never really satisfy me. I recently started playing Monster Hunter again, and I think that's going to be my MMO replacement from now on. I can solo when I want, and you can always find someone playing pretty much any game for questing albeit through third party communities. Just my two cents.
>>
>>387566176
>Albion
Shitty pay 2 win grind fest
The shills will say it's not pay to win buy paying increases your xp gain and reduces the cost of crafting by returning half of the ingredients used to you so they can be reused
It also has the exact same problem all these "sandbox" mmos have, theres absolutely nothing to do in the world besides grind and wander around for the slight chance of pvp that isn't joining or being the victim of a zerg
>>
Is there any MMO that doesn't have horrible gameplay? I don't think I'm asking a lot here, but maybe I am.
>>
>>387566773
>I would get the MMO itch from time to time, but I've come to the realization that one will never really satisfy me.

Tell me about it. I love THE idea of an MMO, I really do but once I actually get into one everything is so sterile and mechanical. I know a video game can't have the flexibility of a pnp game but even the better ones Ive played just come off as work
>>
File: SB over 600k Subscribers1.png (255KB, 667x679px) Image search: [Google]
SB over 600k Subscribers1.png
255KB, 667x679px
>>387564158
Final Fantasy 14 and it's free trial up to level 35.
>>
>>387567450
If you're not into hotbars and themeparks you're basically screwed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.