[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unpopular opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: fablelostchapters_xboxbox.jpg (580KB, 696x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fablelostchapters_xboxbox.jpg
580KB, 696x1000px
Fable wasn't very good. I played it when I was young and loved it and thought it was the best game ever, so I decided to replay it. While I wouldn't say I didn't have fun, it's not good.
Combat overall is below average. It feels clunky and silly if you go strength and it's an absolute breeze if you go will. Skill is the odd man out, it's semi useful but not in all situations.
There's not much to do outside of the story besides buying houses and shops, getting married, opening demon doors and silver key chests, etc. Just tons of boring collecting.
The story is pretty bad, too
>Small village gets attacked
>You are the chosen one who must stop the ancient evil
>Big giant stupid foci balls scattered around Albion left unprotected even though they are massively important
>Maze was saved by Jack of Blades when he was little so he feels indebted to him for some reason so he works for him
>Jack of Blades just hangs out in the Arena and everyone's okay with that
>Guild makes no attempt to save you when your Seal is deactivated in prison for 2 years, just assumes you're dead/gone
>Whisper fucks off to nowhere if you spare her
>Jack decides to wait 18 years for you to grow up before enacting his master plan of taking over the world; instead of activating the focii, killing your mom and sister with the sword, and taking over the world before you have a chance to grow in power to stop him
Morrowind came out before Fable and had a bigger open world, better story, more content, more stuff to do, classes, more skills, more weapons, just more of everything except for shitty graphics. Fable is an inferior RPG to Morrowind and it just isn't a good game in general. It wasn't good for its time since Morrowind existed, and it hasn't aged well either. I had fun, but it's not a good game.
>>
Ass Creed 1 is probably my favourite in the series, none of the others come close to the fucking incredible atmosphere that game had, felt so much darker in tone while the sequels were like half serious B-Movie tier.
>>
>>387559836
I liked AC's story, locations, etc. the most, although it had some of the worst gameplay. AC2's gameplay is better but the story shits itself. If 1 was remade with better gameplay, it'd be GOAT.
>>
Mass Effect 2 ruined the series and is directly responsible for the colossal fuck up that 3 was

Half Life 2 isn't very good and the massive cult around it baffles me

I also agree with what >>387559836 said, AC1 is the best one
>>
>>387560057
Also Mass Effect 2's gameplay want even better than ME1. They took out all inventory management and trimmed down the skills to a laughable degree and the shooting didn't even feel good. ME2 was one of the worst things to happen to gaming as a whole.
>>
>>387560598
Mass Effect 2 made slight improvements to the shooting mechanics but absolutely destroyed everything else to make it Gears of War: Star Wars Edition
>>
>>387560057
>Mass Effect 2 ruined the series and is directly responsible for the colossal fuck up that 3 was
Most people (with a brain) think that though
>>
>>387559235
The first Fable was shit since every choice in the game was "kill this person or don't" and no matter which you picked nothing changed.
>spare person
>they fuck off and are never seen again anyways
TLC ruined the only choice that sort of mattered by making it so you get the same exact weapon if you don't kill your sister at the end but it's blue instead of red. Everything the first Fable did its sequels did better.

Chrono Trigger isn't that great. The music is good but that's the only thing that stands out. Having to go through every time period multiple times got boring and most time period were boring in general. Battles were piss easy since double techs trivialize everything. Every time I try to replay it I get bored around Zeal and stop playing. Only ever beat it twice, once on SNES and once emulated on PSP.
>>
File: paris.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
paris.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
6th gen is the most overrated gen of all time on /v/. most of the games people praise like thief dark shadows, wind waker, jak 2, etc. arent even that fucking good. also, i just love how people pretend that games were still niche back then even though ps1 and 2 sold like 100+ million units
>>
>>387560057

>Mass Effect 2 ruined the series

I am on board with you on this one, anon. They " streamlined " it and it was not nearly as good as the first game.
>>
Albw>alltp
Re cv>re3
Ds3>ds 1 and 2
Sonic1> sonic2
There is nothing wrong with sfv, fgc are whiny cunts
Twitch.tv is the best way to see if you like a game before you buy
>>
>>387563442
>Twitch.tv is the best way to see if you like a game before you buy

Youtube longplays with no commentary.
>>
>>387560057
>Half Life 2 isn't very good and the massive cult around it baffles me
It's not bad by any means but I do think it gets more praise than it deserves. Half of the game just seems like Valve wanting to show off their physics engine.
>>
Deus Ex: Invisible War is not a bad game. Sure, it doesn't match the quality of the first but standing on it's own merits, it's still a satisfying gameplay experience and stands above most WRPGs made today except the very best.

The last good Final Fantasy game was Lost Odyssey.

Crash Bandicoot was a bland, boring platformer during the PS1 days and was a bland, boring fucking remaster now.

e-sports is not /v/ideo games, it's /tv/.

Nostalgiafags are more toxic than platform loyalists. They are people growing away from video games but can't them go, even if no matter how hard they try, they'll never get that experience again. They refuse to move on despite how ridiculously unhappy they are with everything.
>>
>>387563561
>Deus Ex: Invisible War is not a bad game. Sure, it doesn't match the quality of the first but standing on it's own merits, it's still a satisfying gameplay experience and stands above most WRPGs made today except the very best.

I have a soft spot for it, but it surely does have one of the worst UIs ever.
>>
File: 1211pol.jpg (25KB, 308x133px) Image search: [Google]
1211pol.jpg
25KB, 308x133px
Online gaming has ruined the multiplayer experience
>>
File: 1502250029288.jpg (22KB, 306x276px) Image search: [Google]
1502250029288.jpg
22KB, 306x276px
>>387564096
>Online gaming has ruined the multiplayer experience
>Multiplayer ruined multiplayer
What
>>
>>387560872
If you replay 1, the cover system is pretty awful. And 1 is my favorite by far. It's a shame they made item management non-existent in 2. How can it even be considered an RPG?
>>
>>387564248
brainlet post
>>
>>387564096
Online gaming ruined single player games by shoehorning in online bullshit.
>you live in an era where offline singleplayer games have online DRM
>>
File: no taste.png (385KB, 750x417px) Image search: [Google]
no taste.png
385KB, 750x417px
>>387563561
You're trying too hard, even /v/ isn't that easy to b8

>unironically using the word "toxic"

Now you've just gone from bad trolling to full retard.
>>
>>387564634
>Nostalgiafag BTFO by an anon speaking his mind.
How will you ever recover?
>>
>>387559235
Couldn't disagree more. A week ago I reinstalled and played Fable for the first time in about 10 years and it was even better than I remembered. It aged like fine wine. The story is pretty straightforward but half of your points about it being stupid are straight up wrong. Jack of Blades didn't just hang out at the arena, he appears there for the first time in aeons when you win it. He also doesn't just wait around to activate the focus sights, he spends that whole time searching for the rest of your bloodline. Maze doesn't feel indebted to him, he's absolutely terrified of him and doesn't want to be killed, which is a major character development of him and idk how you missed that. I could go on.

Also you aren't supposed to just go with strength, will, or skill. You're encouraged to mix it up and play through the combat with sort of a freestyle mindset. The combat multiplier encourages you to use as many different types of attacks as possible during combat, and when you mix it all together it ends up being a fucking blast.

You also didn't mention how the game still looks phenomenal. When I played it as a kid 10 years ago I couldn't really appreciate how good it looked. There is so much color, life, and detail in every nook and cranny of this game that I was blown away playing it even in 2017.

>>387564248
There's such thing as local multiplayer mate.
>>
>>387564527
I agree and mostly blame competitive gaming for making it even worse.
>>
Also nobody knows that the focus sites in Albion are important until the Guild girl researches them.
>>
red dead redemption sucks
prey 2017 sucks
darkest dungeon sucks
FTL sucks
the witcher sucks
doom 2016 sucks
bioshock 2 was the best bioshock
>>
>>387564754
You said everything I was gonna say
If people are gonna rip a Fable do 3, you can even pick on 2 but not 1
>>
>>387565093
That's a lot of hate.

What are five of your favorite games, anon?
>>
File: 1448766304873.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448766304873.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
>>387565093
>bioshock 2 was the best bioshock
my nigga
>>
File: 1501812959290.jpg (272KB, 1280x971px) Image search: [Google]
1501812959290.jpg
272KB, 1280x971px
>>387565093
Care to explain or do you just want to shitpost like a faggot?
>>
>>387565582
bayonetta metroid prime thief 2 system shock 2 ace combat 0
>>
File: 1502526224362.jpg (54KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502526224362.jpg
54KB, 960x960px
This is only unpopular because so many people will shit themselves before thinking

PS2 is the worst system ever to hit the store shelves.
>success wave of PS1 made it born into success
>Contract was favorable to devs
>cheapest dvd player at that time

And yet, despite all this, despite the shit hardware inside, despite the shitty failure rate, despite the horid video output being fucking awful, even though the system is the biggest pile of shit in gen 6 and even fucked up multiplats in the process, it only rose to success because it was a cheap multifunction device

And when I say the PS2 is shit, im saying the PS2 is shit. The software is up for debate because it's not part of the PS2 itself.

its the reason we cant have nice things today
>>
>>387566412
you know there was a class action lawsuit against them for the disk read error shit right
>>
>>387566552
there was a lawsuit for the 360 fucking up discs because it was a known hardware fault as well as the shitty airflow causing solder joints to crack or fuse due to heat causing rrod

sony's first model systems have always had shitty lasers for some reason (except ps4 from what i understand) due to shitty air flow. they died because of heat.

fuck the ps2. ps3 and ps1 are cool in my book
>>
>>387566721
lasers can't die because of the small amount of heat dude, they die because they use the diodes they should have binned
>>
>>387566412
That's some primo bait anon.
>>
>>387566412
/v/ will never admit that the ps2 was a shit console
>>
>>387566880
they are also shit lenses, what part was so hard to understand. the heat in the ps3 was very much a player in killing those on top of it being just bad
ps1 was just bad. ps2 was just bad

every lens after the initial models are usually nice

>>387566926
i have spent many hours bitching about the ps2 being shit. i will never, ever defend that fucking thing

>>387567000
dreamcast was a more powerful system all things considered. single parts ps2 wins but the way they work together the ps2 is a pile of shit
>>
File: template switch.png (2MB, 5312x2908px) Image search: [Google]
template switch.png
2MB, 5312x2908px
>>387567000
the ps2 is better than the switch
>>
File: 1438430805811.jpg (47KB, 408x395px) Image search: [Google]
1438430805811.jpg
47KB, 408x395px
Hating fable isn't an unpopular opinion. It's just a wrong opinion.
>>
>>387567290
sonic 06 had a competent story even with time travel.
>>
>>387560057
>>387560598
>>387560872
>>387561229
>>387563436
I thought this before I actually played the game. And while the intro is absolutely terrible the actual game plays better, is more interactive, runs better, looks significantly better, etc.
ME1 has the better soundtrack though.
>>
>>387567523
>ME2 is better than 1

Nah
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.