[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open World was a mistake.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 3203875-3166347301-Nier-.jpg (18KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
3203875-3166347301-Nier-.jpg
18KB, 480x270px
Open World was a mistake.
>>
>>387557326
Shit, nigga, if this game was open world then so was Ocarina of Time.
>>
>I only played Automata
>>
I don't care post 2butt
>>
this game's side quests were the true mistake
fucking pure fetch quest shit
I guess I should have expected it going into a jRPG
>>
Agreed. Automata might have not been such a chore to play through without the open world. You spend as much time on story and combat as you do running in circles and picking up literal junk.
>>
>>387557326
Not really an open world it's just linear pathways that branch to different zones with the city acting like a hub
>>
>open world
And "was a mistake" implies it did anything different from its predecessor. Nier was structured the exact same way you fucking tard.
>>
>>387557326
Why is the combat in this game so shit?
It's literally square, square, square, circle (repeat) while holding down R1.
>>
>>387557326
Am I the only one that was really disappointed with Nier Automata?

The gameplay was so shallow, and the constant shifting to 2D sidescrolling and top-down twin stick and bullet hell was jarring and irritating.

I'm about to give up now that I'm on my second run through as 9S because I really fucking hate bullet hell.
>>
>>387558105
it was also a mistake in the first nier you fucking retard
it's shit
and the >>387557526 makes it worse
>>
>>387557326

It is, but not so much in Automata. Its world is small enough so as to not get tedious in the same way something like Breath of the Wild does. Samey and bland, sure, but getting around doesn't take for-fucking-ever.
>>
How did this game get 9/10s everywhere?

I guess Yoko Taro was serious when he said at the PAX Panel "The world I created is just shit, don't expect too much from it". I obviously thought he was joking but fuck sake.
>>
>>387557526
>>387558335
But the first Nier was full of fetch quests too though.
>>
>>387558291
Did you not play the first? The fuck were you expecting?
>>
>>387558668
and that somehow makes it good in nier a tomato?
what are you trying to say?
>>
>>387558738
No, I did not. I went into the game with zero expectations or exposure.
>>
>>387558780
I'm trying to say that maybe the game is not for you and it's ok.
>>
>>387558335
>it was also a mistake in the first nier you fucking retard
Not that OP would know, since he didn't play it.
>>
>>387558872
But anon, have you ever enjoyed fetch quests?
I've enjoyed games with fetch quests in the past - but it was always despite them, never because of them. Fetch quests were only ever acceptable in MMOs because you're supposed to do them with friends so no one's even paying attention, but they should never be given a clean sheet in a fucking single player game.
>>
>>387559048
I did enjoy the fetch quests in Tomato, they were generally easy since i already had all or most of the items necessary and they gave good information about the world and characters.
>>
>>387557326
Fetch quests were super shit, and everything this game tried, the first one did better. Except gameplay.
>>
>>387557326
Yes it was. It always is.
>>
>>387559254
Not the guy you were responding to but I hope you fucking kill yourself
>>
9s was such a huge faggot
why did yoko taro cuck me with a faggot twink
>>
>>387559552
Bait
>>
>>387559254
>since i already had all or most of the items necessary
I think this explains a lot.
>>
>>387559514
And i hope when you get over the age 18 you'll learn that people like different things and experience things in a different way. You fucking retarded child.
>>
File: 1492222852386.jpg (269KB, 666x666px)
1492222852386.jpg
269KB, 666x666px
>it's another "if it isn't perfect it's shit" thread
when will it end?
>>
>>387560154
This website is full of children who only speak in extremes
>>
>>387557326
nah
1. it's not big
2. no loading times between areas
their engine was bad though, the loadings that happen as you move make game stutter
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.