[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "online open world survival FPS" meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: dayz.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
dayz.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
Dozens upon dozens of DayZ clones have been made. How has NOT A SINGLE ONE managed to be good?
>>
ive had miscreated on my wishlist for a while now, i hear its pretty good.....it has tornados
>>
>>387554907
>open world
Many tried in singleplayer games, many failed, as for multiplayer...
>survival
Hunger, thirst... Just some additional bars and it's just a hassle.
You need gameplay to make it worth it.
Like having to cook and create your own recipes.
And realistic inventory...
>multiplayer
Interactions, something we need.
Reproduction is survival.
>>
>>387555537
Miscreated is kinda shit, the map is too small and it's way too easy to get gear.
>>
>>387554907
Is DayZ still alive? Can I still enjoy the mod? Is the Standalone still in EA?
>>
File: kqp2Hus.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
kqp2Hus.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>387557317
You can still play the mod, both the mod and standalone still have a couple thousand players. Standalone is still in alpha, but the very last Alpha update hit 2 months ago and they will be showing Beta gameplay at Gamescom.
>>
the originial dayz mod was a legitimately awesome experience, back when there were 8 servers that were constantly full.
>>
>>387557638
>You can still play the mod, both the mod and standalone still have a couple thousand players.
Nice, maybe I should try launching the mod again and see how that will go.

>Standalone is still in alpha
At this point, I'd have to doubt the possibility of it ever leaving early access. The amount of refunds upon it releasing would just kill the dev.
>>
>>387557962
Refunding early access games on release is a myth, that was a one time thing for KF2.
>>
>>387558029
Did Steam somehow tackle that issue?
>>
>"We can make it so players work together and don't act like dicks."
>>
>>387558092
Pretty sure it was just Tripwire offering refunds, Steam had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>387554907
has one actually managed to get out of early access?
>>
>>387554907
The genre was fun before 3 things happened
>Everyone realized how easy a game like this is to make and did it
>The zombie genre became played out in pop culture
>It never evolved

The only zombie game I've played in the last 5 years and enjoyed was State of Decay, and that was because it had some cool social simulation elements that made the game feel like you were doing more than killing zombies to survive.
>>
The stalker series and mods were the best open world survival experience i have ever had in a game.

I don't know how this stalker equation could be brought to multiplayer, but if the people at ray of hope manage to do it, it will surpass any dayz or clone ever made
>>
there is a successful one
its called PUBG, just a mod of dayz, literally was a mod of dayz before going retail
>>
>>387558217
Refunds are a mandatory thing on steam, not something that the dev can choose to offer. The only thing is that the refunds work if you've only played the game less then a certain amount of hours and if you've owned the game for less than 2 months, or so, but the thing with early access is that it's not fully released, thus when it actually releases all the clocks are reset and you can freely refund the game, by Steam's EULA. Unless steam managed to get a work around for this, they're obligated to refund the game.
>>
>>387558238
Long dark came out a few weeks ago and it's pretty good since it's more based on surviving the elements and nature. Most people call it Canada simulator which isn't too inaccurate if you are talking about northern provinces that hardly ever see sunlight.
I've been having fun with it at the very least
>>
>>387558319
You forgot 4.
>cheaters
>>
>>387558319
I currently get my fill of zombies off L4D2, simply for the horde-aspect being done better than any other zombie shooter. Still fun to this day.

Also maybe some occasional Resident Evil nostalgia.
>>
>>387558546
The playtime is not reset, if you played over 2 hours of a game or owned it longer than 2 weeks you are not eligible for refund. Regardless if it was early access or not.
>>
>>387558608
i meant multiplayer ones
>>
Can't decide what I want to dive into this weekend, Dying Light or DayZ standalone.
>>
>>387558875
nah bro ive done this thrice now
>>
>>387558875
I dunno mang, I keep reading on /v/ from time to time that people keep refunding this and that game that comes out of EA. But I think I'll just stop doing the stupid thing overall and stop buying early access in general. KF2 was the first and last one.
>>
GTA san andreas DayZ is pretty fun
>>
>>387554907
Well DayZ hasn't managed to be good so I guess the clones have done well
>>
>>387559418
If you want zombies play Dying Light. If you want sandbox PvP play DayZ (be prepared for a host of issues that ruin the experience tho)
>>
>>387558417
in reality you would not be able to walk 10 minutes through an area in the zone that isnt activley patroled without getting shot from a distance by someone you cant see. dayz literally is the multiplayer stalker experience. if you want somethin more cozy then maybe you want an rp server than bans shoot on sight.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.