[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Dreamcast Did you hate it or Love it Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

Tell me about the Dreamcast
Did you hate it or Love it
Is it better than the PS2?
>>
>Been thinking of getting a Dreamcast lately for some reason
I'm surprised they're pretty cheap on ebay, I guess it's really only Nintendo things that skyrocket in price.
>>
>>387552684
Love it. Miss it so much.
I never even pirated anything as I didn't know it was possible until after my dad sold it for a PS2.

All the fighting games felt like you were at an arcade. Each game felt fresh and innovative and there were some great games on the console.
>>
Loved mine. PSO and the easy piracy was fun. Some great games on it too. But PS2 wins out.
>>
>>387552865
You weren't actually having fun, you know...
>>
>>387552836
friend of mine just picked one up
>system
>2 controllers
>2vmus
>20 bucks
>sealed copy of roller coaster tycoon for 5

>>387552865
>sold it for a ps2
kill him
>>
>>387552684
I liked it.
>>
I liked it a lot at the time but I got a PS2 after it died and the PS2 was way better.
>>
>>387553138
does the ps2 have jet set radio?
>>
>>387552684
>Did you hate it or Love it
Love it, really good system, lots of arcade-styled classics too.
>Is it better than the PS2?
Nope, both in library and power.
>>
>>387553565
you better not be including multiplats on that. dreamcast had one hell of a good library, many of which even looked best on it
>>
>>387552684

PS2 was the untouchable system in his age but DC has amazing list of great games.

I don't understand how SEGA couldn't make money with it.
>>
>>387552684

I had one friend in middleschool who owned one. Everyone mocked him relentlessly.
>>
>>387553858
he had high hopes that got delivered but fell flat
>>
>>387553331
No, that is my favorite Dreamcast game as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 736x611px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 736x611px
>>387552684

It's completely diffirent.
>>
>>387555297
Oranges are better than apples.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 850x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 850x530px
>>387555565
Fine, PS2 is superior then.
>>
File: Dreamcast list.jpg (673KB, 1400x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast list.jpg
673KB, 1400x1750px
Still have mine and play it all the time. It's easily one of the best party systems - games like Power Stone 1/2, SF Rush 2049, Gauntlet, Armada, Chu Chu Rocket. I ended up buying arcade sticks for fighters and it was a great investment.
>>
>>387552684

I loved my Dreamcast. Owned over one hundred original games for it. First playable online console. Awesome system for local multiplayer. So much Caocom love. Sega sports games. I don't even consider it in the same generation as ps2 since it was dead before the other consoles really started. Plus I have better memories of og xbox than I do with my ps2. So yea I enjoyed dreamcast more than my ps2.
>>
It was sadly ahead of its time for a console. But Sega didn't really make any great games for it either. I thank them for nfl 2k those years and for making the best nba series outside of nba street of alltime.

It's amazing that it took Sega 25 years to make a mediocre sonic game again. Shenmue is mediocre garbage and i dont care about any other sega series

I thank them for introducing me to console piracy, I used my friends bootloader disc, and realized I could pirate everything on ps2 at the same era.

God I miss when ISPs didnt give a shit about piracy.
>>
>>387555565
>Granny smith apples
>Not better than oranges
>>
>>387556909
Granny Smith are the best apples but oranges are still better.
>>
File: SUFFER, LIKE G DID?.jpg (110KB, 260x347px) Image search: [Google]
SUFFER, LIKE G DID?.jpg
110KB, 260x347px
dreamcast had some quality shit
my dad used to always bring pirated games back from work that his friend gave him
typing of the dead is absolutely in my top 10 favorite games
>>
>>387552684
> Tell me about the Dreamcast
The Dreamcast didn't let us down, we let it down.

Love it

> Is it better than the PS2?
Probably not. But if Sega hadn't completely burnt through all their customer and dev goodwill in the 4-5 years prior it would've stood a very good chance.
>>
File: Knuckles in a hotdog suit.png (288KB, 553x435px) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles in a hotdog suit.png
288KB, 553x435px
>>387552684
>Was basically a home arcade
>It failed
I don't know the history, but what exactly happened? Looking back, it seems like it had a solid library.
>>
>>387552684
>Is X better than the PS2
No, the answer is always no. Fuck off.
>>
>>387552865
There were great arcade ports and original games.
>>
>>387558480
Sega was doomed because of the Saturn pretty much. Dreamcast was DOA, even though it did sell pretty well and had a great library.
>>
>>387553772
>I don't understand how SEGA couldn't make money with it.

I have no idea. They should have stuck with it instead of tossing it.

>>387553858
I don't understand why people would mock others over a video game console. I heard the same thing with an early PS3 owner. Shit is worse than politics.
>>
>>387552684
Loved it soul cailbur skies of Arcadia Sega rally 2 re code Veronica doa 2 good times.
>>
>>387558480
They lost money on every unit and some devs accidentally left code on disk that allowed the system to be pirated on with relative ease.
>>
>>387552684
best console of all time in my opinion.

thats not nostalgia speaking either, I only bought one a year ago.
>>
>>387558832
>>387559112
Didn't Gearbox nearly kill them a few years back? It's probably why eastern companies want nothing to do with western ones now.
>>
>>387552684
I miss Sega consoles.
It was better than the PS2 until 2005, really.
Hard to compete against a console that got games consistently until 2010.
>>
File: DOYOULIKESEGAGAMES.jpg (182KB, 841x630px) Image search: [Google]
DOYOULIKESEGAGAMES.jpg
182KB, 841x630px
>>387552684
I want to say yes, but the PS2 has a bigger library and not surprisingly that includes a higher number of good games. But is it a higher percentage of good games? I bet not!
>>
I still own one, and I play it sometimes.
Lodoss War still my favorite game.
>>
>>387557939
Mandarins are good. Oranges are crap.
>>
What would the industry be like today if the PS2 was a massive flop that sunk the Playstation brand and Sega continued on along with Nintendo, only for Microsoft to throw their hat in the ring?
>>
>>387556068
That list is missing Illbleed. The pinnacle of the haunted house genre.
>>
I loved the demo discs
Then I loved playing Shadow Man without an EB memory cartridge
And then I discovered I could play Quake 3 from my bed using a mouse and keyboard
But most of all I miss those demos, they were the best
>>
>>387560746
A better place.
>>
>>387556068
This shit needs chu chu rocket and toy commander on it.
>>
>>387558906
The reason sega failed is because the PS2 was a DVD player, the DC is the easiest system to pirate games for, and they were already in a financial hole during the dreamcast era. This all coupled with the fact that some devs outright refused to work on games for the system after the saturn meant they simply couldn't gain enough footing to offset the otherwise inevitable.
>>
As a kid I just remembered it as something that came out before the PS2 and so was really fucking popular for a short time. I remember seeing it all over the TV as the next cutting edge thing, people raving about the graphics and other stuff. It was being played on MTV by celebrities and everything else. Then the PS2 came out and it sorta just died instantly, never was really talked about again.

I still had mine though and for me it was one of the most memorable consoles because of the Sonic Adventure games and PSO.
>>
>>387552684
I didn't know what the fuck a dreamcast was until some kid in second grade said how he played the dreamcast at his grandma's house all day. Even then I've never seen a dreamcast in real life. Only saw it on the internet last year. No opinion since I'm bias since the ps2 is tied as my favorite console along with the 360.
>>
File: dreamcastjap.jpg (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcastjap.jpg
90KB, 800x600px
>>387552684
i fucking love it, its such a unique and weird console with so much great shit in it. you dont really see these types of games being made anymore except for indie stuff. seeing all those cancelled add ons and games just makes me think what could have been
god i wish it was, i really do. everyone wants the underdog to win but real life isnt a movie. dreamcast is still in my top 5 though. i feel like out of all the 6th gen consoles the dreamcast had the best shot with competing with the ps2. did you know that in 2000 the dreamcast sold more than the ps2? too bad segas war chest was non existent
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>387561228
>the DC is the easiest system to pirate games for,
so why do people say the ps1 sold so much because piracy was rampant in europe?
>>
loved mine
>>
>>387552684

Spent a lot of money on it back in 2000, even sold my N64 with my whole collection of games to help finance it... I was 12 old, fuck my mom for letting me do this, spent all the savings I had gotten after my solemn communion.

I only remember Shemnue, House of the Dead 2 and Resident Evil CV well. Really good stuff, but overall it really wasn't the console for me.

I sold it to my uncle rather quickly who modified it to take Japanese games, while I bought myself a new N64 with Perfect Dark.

Then I moved on to PC starting in 2k3...
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.