[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest thoughts on the current generation of games and consoles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1491782607150.jpg (87KB, 596x446px) Image search: [Google]
1491782607150.jpg
87KB, 596x446px
Honest thoughts on the current generation of games and consoles?
>>
Just look how fucking BORING that sign is. It may be a small thing to nitpick at, but it just goes to show you how lazy they are with their marketing. It's like they're not even trying.
>>
I like my PS4 well enough. Will probably never bother with the Bone and don't have a Switch but I've been debating getting one. Mostly just holding out for more Wii U to Switch ports before pulling the trigger.
>>
>>387547049
Definitely the worst generation, but it's starting to pick up. Kind of
I have xbone+3ds, so the 3ds has carried me through the xbone drought this year. Gonna play Pillars of Eternity when that releases, then Cuphead, Wolfenstein 2, and whatever else releases after that.
Currently playing Soul Hackers on my 3ds. Anyone know if Alliance Alive will make it to the west?
>>
>>387548349
By then end, I believe it will be better than 7th gen. I mean look at it this way.

>BotW
>KH3
>The Last Guardian
>Mario Odyssey
>Xenoblade 2
>Ni No Kuni 2
>NieR A
>Bloodborne
>DaS III
>Witcher 3
>Doom
>The Evil WIthin 2
>Nioh
>Wolfenstein 2
>Ace Combat 7
>Monster Hunter World
>Code Vein
>FFXV
>Gravity Rush 2
>Metroid 4
>Persona 5 (technically on last gen)
>Yakuza 6
>DQ XI

I don't even remember last gen having as many decent games. I just remember a lot of browns and grey shooters when I think about last gen.
>>
>>387548963
Code Vein looks pretty mediocre desu
>>
>>387548963
Here's some decent games from my 360 library
>Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
>Shadows of the Damned
>Lost Odyssey
>Tales of Vesperia
>Halo 3/ODST
>Gears of War
>Blue Dragon
>El Shaddai
>Project Sylpheed
>Armored Core 4/FA
>Timeshift
>Prototype
>The Darkness
>Prey (2006)
>Left 4 Dead
>Blur
>Darksiders
>Bioshock
and I have Super Mario Galaxy but not a Wii.

There's countless more good 7th gen games, most of which I probably don't own.
>>
>>387549676
>>Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

thought many times about playing this. does it have a good story ?
>>
>>387549676
>No EDF
Yea, you're missing a couple
>>
>>387547049
>Wii U
A decent console that was basically sent out to die by Ninty.

>PS4
Honestly pretty boring. Took years to get going, but now it's actually in its stride, the future's fairly bright

>Xbone
Awful. M$ never recovered from going all-in with the Kinect circa 2010.

>Switch
Probably a bit too early to say. Could potentially be what the Wii U should've been.
>>
>>387549852
"The darkness" swallows up a kingdom and its people because it's accidentally let loose by the king that wanted it for its strengthening powers. The protag (Tepeu) meets the Majin (Taotl) which is the kingdom's guardian, but has been locked up and removed of his powers. You free him and embark on a journey with him as a companion AI to find his powers and take down the generals of the kingdom that have been consumed by darkness so you can access the King's castle.
The story isn't anything great, but it's a charming platforming/action-adventure game with puzzles. If I would have played it as a kid, it would probably be one of my childhood favorites since the Majin is really innocent despite his hulking appearance. Definitely one of the more memorable 7th gen titles for me, and it's sad it went under everyone's radar.
>>
>>387550073
>tfw one of the few folks that play EDF on the 360
Sucks that its not on the XBone, or I would by that shit in a heart beat
>>
>>387551263
>it's sad it went under everyone's radar
Bamco barely promoted it, while still setting projected sales figures for 1m+. It sold badly that it served as the straw that broke the camel's back and basically killed Games Republic.

The worst part is that their treatment of it apparently was some kind of attempt at a tax loop that Bandai took knowing full well that it'd take GR down with it.
>>
>paid online
awful
>>
>>387548963
Technically all the switch games are on last gen aswell.
>>
I own an xbox one and have not touched it in months.
>>
>>387547049
About as many good games as the 5th gen but without the innovation
>>
File: 1491168843323.jpg (43KB, 680x464px) Image search: [Google]
1491168843323.jpg
43KB, 680x464px
>>387551898
Bought it for Halo 5. Yeah..
>>
>>387551472
I'm mad at the PS4 version because it doesn't support save transfer.
Can't use my 300 hours save so I won't have to grind all the weapons and all that armor again
>>
File: 1498803702755.png (52KB, 245x190px) Image search: [Google]
1498803702755.png
52KB, 245x190px
>>387547049
As an idort that owns an Xbone, I would say the main appeal to it is the backwards compatibility, as well as things like Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive. It's essentially a console for people that don't have an amazingly good PC that can play every new release at the highest settings, a sorta imitation PC if you will. I quite like mine, and I think the hateboner for it around here is a bit too fierce.
>>
switch seems like it's gonna be good
ps4 is nice
xbox has always (and most likely will always be) a joke
>>
>>387553872
actually wait viva pinata was really good, so it had one purpose
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.