[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did YOU come by Ocarina of Time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (316KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
316KB, 1280x720px
Inspired by the last thread >>387518609

OoT is the highest critically acclaimed game, having roughly a 25% attachment rate to the N64 with 8 million copies. While statistics have never been released for Virtual Console sales we know due to its appearance on the Nintendo Channel catalog that it sold at least 1 million. The 3DS version also sold 4.52 million. All in all, about 13.5 million people have played Ocarina of Time, not counting the world record breaking preorders for The Wind Waker (which stopped counting at 500,000) or the Collector's Edition which contains the same vanilla version of OoT included in MQ.

So how did you get the game?

Me:
>my cousin was a Nintendo fan who bought an N64 on release with Mario, and preordered it.
>>
>>387541509
>So how did you get the game?
Even as a child I knew Zelda sucked ass. Never wasted money on this trash.
>>
First time I had to opportunity to play it was on my brothers n64 back in 98 of course my brother being the cunt he was never let me play more than ten minutes at a time. So I didn't actually beat the game until twilight princess came out years later.
>>
I was 4~ years old at the mall with my family. I saw the box at some store that sold games. I pointed it out to my parents and they bought it for me.
>>
>>
>>387541509
saw previews in Nintendo mags

told dad I wanted it

tradition for me was to open presents at midnight as soon as the clock struck Christmas time. I opened a n64 box shaped present and it was OoT

it was rated 8 years and up, I was only 7. dad said I had to wait until my bday which was in feb

tfw he was trolling me and I played the game until the morning
>>
>>387541509
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 is better.
>>
>>387541509
I think I was in second grade when it came out. A friend of mine got it and told us about sneaking through Hyrule castle. It sounded rad, so I asked for it for Christmas
>>
>>387541509

I got it for Christmas I think, can't remember too much I was really young when it came out but I remember loving the shit outta it

>>387541738

You must have been one miserable child
>>
>>387541738
This.
>>
>>387541509
my parents were playing it before i was born.

i had cool parents.
>>
I had a Nintendo 64 but surprisingly I never played it on an actual Nintendo 64. I played a lot of Mario Kart and Smash Bros. but I wasn't too into more "complex" games like the classic platformers and Zelda.

Eventually when I was a bit older, like 13 or 14 I started emulating a lot and Project 64 was the one I used the most, so one day I started playing it and fell in love with Ocarina of Time immediately. This was around 2004 or 05, I think. I got into Zelda and have played through all the 3D releases since then. Got all Zeldas on Virtual Console and bought Twilight Princess on day one.

Good times, getting home after school and playing N64 games on the PC while my TV was on CN for background noise. The opening song for Foster's Home triggers a lot of vidya nostalgia for me because it started around the same time I booted up the PC.
>>
File: link being a faggot.gif (145KB, 213x331px) Image search: [Google]
link being a faggot.gif
145KB, 213x331px
>mid 20's
>never played ocarina of time
Because link is a huge fucking faggot.

>that faggot cosplaying as Link in that MMORPG you play
Haha cringe.
>>
File: anon's bait.png (23KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
anon's bait.png
23KB, 500x294px
>>387541738
its a shame this is bait because i actually think this and no one else does
>>
>>387541509
gamecube bundle with zelda collectors edition, but played it at my pal's house way before that, he is a top mario sunshine runner now
>>
File: OoT3D_Link_Sheik_Artwork.jpg (3MB, 1884x2500px) Image search: [Google]
OoT3D_Link_Sheik_Artwork.jpg
3MB, 1884x2500px
>>387541509
played it on the GC Collector's Edition

OoT + MM are the best 3D Zeldas
>>
I knock her up and wed her. Well wed her and then do the knocking.
>>
>>387541509
I'd been hearing about it for years. I was already a Zelda fan after loving Link's Awakening on GameBoy.

Got it mid 1999 when a bought a used N64 with a boatload of games, but strangely enough didn't actually spend that much time with it until a full year later.
>>
My cousins were playing Wind Waker so I borrowed their bonus disc of OoT. It was the better game.
>>
>>387541509
>So how did you get the game?
Borrowed it from my cousin at age 8 or so, about a year after N64 release. I'm grateful for having a male cousin 3 years older than me, because it jumpstarted me on a whole lot of things
>>
>>387543450
Man that artwork was in the manual, thanks for the nostalgia anon.
(btw do you know of any site top buy this in poster form)
>>
File: gfs_45584_1_2[1].jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_45584_1_2[1].jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>387544016
I got that bonus disc for ten dollars at Wal-Mart. It was after Nintendo Power did and article calling OoT the best Nintendo game ever

It was definitely better than Wind Wakeruntil the 3D and HD version came out and I now find the games to be about equal
>>
File: tumblr_otehq6NrM91uy040uo1_500.jpg (38KB, 495x368px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otehq6NrM91uy040uo1_500.jpg
38KB, 495x368px
When my Grandma died near a decade ago, I went to my cousin's house for the first time for the after funeral thing or whatever it's called.

He had the Zelda collector's edition for the gamecube.

I asked him if I could borrow it knowing I'll probably never see him again since my family is so distant from each other.

I still have it and constantly feel remorse for never returning it.

But that's how I came by OoT
>>
>>387544016
Well no shit, OoT was a finished game
>>
I was in high school and was friends with a big zelda fan, he let me borrow the game for a bit
>>
I seen an ad for it (in Australia, which is pretty rare these days) on telly and begged my parents to get it. We were pretty povo but reckon I ended up getting it for a birthday. Good times.
>>
My dad wanted it, so he got it.
>>
File: 1448830736551.jpg (7KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1448830736551.jpg
7KB, 250x236px
>>387541509
I emulated it 3-4 years ago. I had no idea of it existing as a kid, i was attracted to it by the dozens of videos i'd find on youtube collectively praising the Zelda franchise

Technically it was Majora's Mask i wanted to play first, between the whole fame of being a weird game about death and doom and the Ben creepypasta it seemed the more interesting choice, but i was definetly not used to emulators so my first attempt was disastrous and confusing, as soon as i ended up in Clocktown i felt lost and couldn't figure out the controls so i just gave up. Sometimes later i thought of trying out "the less cool brother" OoT and let me say "wow", i would have never imagined such an old game could be so charming and modern

I'll go on step ahead with this silly blog and say the game will kinda always have a special place in my heart, around the time i played it i was facing some rough days due to family problems so the child-like wonder it woke in me was kinda therapeutic
>>
File: latest[1].png (32KB, 263x277px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
32KB, 263x277px
>>387544587
Not by the fickle definitions of Zelda fans. That Wind Waker is ever referred to as "unfinished" shows how spoiled and retarded this fanbase is.
>>
>>387541509
>bit lift
>makes young malon into mature malon
>makes young epona into mature epona
Yeah, it's shit.
>>
Collecters disc on gamecube and also emulation.
>>
Mom gave it to me for Christmas the year it was released. I have the grey cart with the red blood and original fire temple music.
>>
>>387541509
Played it really young, really enjoyed it. Not my favourite 3D Zelda game but it's top 5
>>
>>387541509
missed it back on N64, but played the 3DS version when my friend lent it to me. Its a solid game, even if some of the dungeons are kinda shit. I heavily prefer 2D Zelda due to the greater emphasis on action, but considering how it was the first 3D Zelda its rather impressive.
>>
>>387541509
i think my dad got it for me cause he had the NES when that was a thing and enjoyed the zelda on there. That or I wanted it because my cousin had it, can't really remember.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.