[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most Canadian game ever made? >inb4 Cross Country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Hinterland_TLDWidgetFPO-400x400.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hinterland_TLDWidgetFPO-400x400.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
Is this the most Canadian game ever made?

>inb4 Cross Country Canada
>inb4 Tumblr nose
>inb4 op can't inb4
>>
Canada lmao!
>>
It's kind of fun, but the campaign is retarded. Also the environment isn't open enough and the weather effects can be entirely blinding, completely fucking up your play if you're already wounded/freezing to death
>>
>>387532918
I've only played ~30 min of the campaign, but i felt the tutorial was pretty bad.

Unless I'm retarded, I didn't see anywhere that I needed 25 rose hips to make the tea.

And the first thing I did was check to see the big ditch at the crash site and got caught on a slope, making me have to fall and die.

>>387532808
ayy lmao
>>
How is the campaign?
>>
>>387532918
I like the campaign, helping keep the old lady alive was something to do other then trudge around in the snow.
I just wish they went further, more NPCs, conflict, maybe some one stealing your shit while you sleep.
>>
>>387533060
>25 rose hips
Every time you harvest you get about 12. So it's really more like 3 rose hips. They don't want you to get a years supply off one bush.
>>
>>387533353
yeah, I harvested 2 and was all "oh hey, 16, I should be able to make tea"

>no prompt
>look in all menus
>nothing

granted, it was 2am, and didn't think about getting any more, but I was p cheesed that I had to wiki it
>>
>woman looks like a dude

Can we just nuke canada already?
>>
They actually released the campaign?
Didn't think it was ever coming out.
>>
>>387533801
She looks like a mishmash of races, but female
>>
>>387533801
That's a German thing.
>>
>>387533801
She is fine as fuck
You hold your tongue fucking plebian
>>
>>387532742
I refunded it when it came out of early access.

I wish I could do the same thing to Canada when it became independent.
>>
>>387533562
Open the crafting menu, you craft everything there.
It says open the crafting menu to make tea in the tutorial popup. This happens about 10 minutes into the game.
>>
>>387534523
oh shit, yeah, I think I did figure that out, but forgot.

So yeah, retardation.
>>
>>387534872
It took me 5 minutes to realize its click and hold to harvest instead of single click like for picking up branches. It felt a lot more intuitive by the time I made it to the town.
>>
>>387533801

Agree, the US doesn't produce any degeneracy or buttfugly videogame characters whatsoever you're a torch for beauty, dignity and a bastion of traditional culture
>>
>>387535216
haha it took me about that long to figure out there was shit on the ground to pickup because I had f.lux on and couldn't see anything
>>
>>387532742
The bears aren't even polar bears.
>>
survival is pretty good

but the story mode is terrible, the voice actors aren't helping, it's just a bunch of return quests

how did it take 3 years when the maps used aren't even new?
>>
File: header.jpg?t=1502148390.jpg (50KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1502148390.jpg
50KB, 460x215px
*blocks your road*
>>
Still pissed off the game doesn't allow fire drills
>>
File: 4573453465.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4573453465.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>387533980
>tfw no half Eskimo exwaifu to follow into rural Canada to your death
>>
>>387532742
>tumblr nose
one of the few times its actually acceptable due to the setting being below -10C
>>
>>387532742
This game taught me that not all Leafs are a bunch of minority cum guzzling faggots. The actual percentage of people like that trapper must be fucking rare though.
>>
>>387532742
I got bored with it after a day, ran out of things to do. I was told the campaign was dookie so I passed it up and just went straight for free mode. I will say it's a very atmospheric game and gave me a sort of 'comfy' vibe.
>>
File: frozen_sock.png (127KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
frozen_sock.png
127KB, 560x560px
>>387532742
>tumblr nose

I'd agree, if being in negative weather consistently didn't make your face turn red.
>>
>>387535971
After climbing out of the ravine the campaign is the same as free mode. It just has NPCs that send you on fetch quests in exchange for advanced items, recipes and map locations.
>>
>>387535968
you find more of those people the closer you get to the city (i.e denser areas that are more urban), most people living in the countryside are pretty sensible and the nice thing about canada is that most of the place is countryside
>>
>>387535968
Black lives matter you fat fucking faggot. Don't forget to remove all your confederate history
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.