[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*steals your GOTY*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Hollow_Knight_Box_Art.jpg (32KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow_Knight_Box_Art.jpg
32KB, 300x450px
*steals your GOTY*
>>
that would be right is this game wasnt boring as fuck
>>
GOTY means fuckall anyhow
>>
If all the DLC was actually out yet, sure. As it stands the boss roster could stand to be improved (its lame how you don't fight the dreamers).
>>
>>387524648
The Dreamers want you to kill them though, evident by the one in Fog Canyon assigning Quirrel to help do so when the time is right. Wouldn't make sense for them to retaliate.
>>
File: 1496721480417.png (8KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496721480417.png
8KB, 300x310px
reminder that this game, a 2d sidescroller, has a higher filesize than Dark Souls.
>>
>>387524937
At least one of them wanted to stop you from breaking the seal, based on the conversation after getting the mothwing cloak
>>
>>387525047
It's also a better and more fun game
>>
>>387525261
>based on the conversation after getting the mothwing cloak
What is said?
>>
>>387523959
Not better than BoTW but it's real good senpai
>>
>>387523959
Just looks like another dull 2D sidescroller.
what's so good about it?
>>
File: 5.jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
48KB, 460x215px
*steals it back*
>>
>>387525548
>it's good
and that's good enough.
>>
File: 2ba2.jpg (455KB, 3000x2195px) Image search: [Google]
2ba2.jpg
455KB, 3000x2195px
>>387523959
*takes it back*
>>
>>387525586
I really loved the exploration of it, the game offers multiple paths for the player to take and unlike other games in the genre where they won't be obvious until repeats this game makes it possible to stumble upon them organically. My favorite moment from the game was early on I thought I'd be clever and sword jump to an area the game doesn't expect me to get to and when I got there I was blocked by a black gate so I went back, later in the game I was exploring an entirely optional area and came across an upgrade that let me swim through acidic water. Later I was able to go back to that same area and end up on the other side of the black gate since I accessed the area from the opposite side, but the cool thing is another player could not get the item that protects you from acid and get the item that lets you pass through the black gate, both are viable and just as easy for someone to come across.

The game also has a massive amount of content, great soundtrack, aesthetic and the lore is interesting if you're into that sort of thing. Secrets are also usually more substantial than a missile upgrade and will either be a Charm which lets you customize how you play the game similar to the Souls system from Aria of Sorrow.

If you like Metroid and Castlevania games then I highly recommend it but if you don't then this game probably won't change your mind since it doesn't really do anything new but what it does it does really well in my opinion.
>>
>>387523959
>2d indie shit with le oldschool pixel graphics
>goty
Uh-huh
>>
File: 1489768934718.gif (938KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1489768934718.gif
938KB, 500x281px
>>387523959
I played this shit for 5 hours, when does it get challenging or fun?
>>
>>387525859
>Hollow Knight
>Nier Automata
>Prey

This year was actually ok in vidya
>>
>>387526343
I actually really enjoyed Horizon and Resi 7, but that's a wrong opinion on /v/.
>>
>>387526396
If you managed to enjoy RE7 you should play REmake and you'll really be blown away, game's a literal 10/10.
>>
>>387526198
>oldschool pixel graphics

Absolute fuckwit
>>
>>387526470
Already played it. Though the backtracking was annoying and having to use the oil canisters. Also being told I played on easy at the end when choosing normal was irritating. But still had fun.
>>
>>387526316
Once you stop watching anime so your brain can start functioning again
>>
>>387523959
*deposits $1.00 to your account*
>>
>>387526661
The last bit can be a bit tedious with the backtracking when you have to put the battery back in to use the elevator but other than that I think that game's pacing is near perfect. Particularly the middle part with the Death Masks since you can get them in any order so the exploration is great then.
>>
>>387526872
I mostly just liked the use of pre-rendered graphics and set camera angles. I miss those from games.
Abe's Odyssey is still leagues above New n Tasty in terms of atmosphere because of this.
>>
>>387525548
Yes it is, off yourself weeb
>>
>>387526104
>similar to the Souls system from Aria of Sorrow.
No, not really. It's actually just badges from Paper Mario, despite the difference in genres.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.