[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Western RPGs have surpassed Japanese?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 788.jpg (129KB, 1280x400px) Image search: [Google]
788.jpg
129KB, 1280x400px
Do you think Western RPGs have surpassed Japanese?
>>
File: Muh Dick.jpg (191KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Dick.jpg
191KB, 960x540px
>>387522232
In popularity?. Yeah.
In my heart i'll always have a soft part for those spiky hair faggots.
>>
>>387522232
They did, long time ago
>>
>>387522232
For sure. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Witcher, etc. Western RPG is best.
>>
jrpgs and wrpgs are fundamentally different because japanese developers prioritize the game part of RPGs whilst western developers prioritize the roleplaying (immersion, worldbuilding, character building, openness) aspect on RPGs

they can't really compare
JRPG developers have the mindset that rolling the dice and fighting the monsters in the dungeon to get better gear is the way you play an RPG while western developers have the mindset that your character has a specific trait due to his upbringing that allows him to kill a monster in the dungeon to advance his storyline
>>
>>387522232
No. There is no such thing as good western RPG. Although some of them are better than FFXV.
>>
>>387523563
That's a very good point, in the end it all falls down to preference. I myself prefer immersive games, since they in my opinion offer a more complete game.
>>
>>387522232
All those 3 games in that pic are great games with ff15 being slightly inferior. Only edgy contrarian faggots will say otherwise
>>
>>387523563
>japanese developers prioritize the game part of RPGs
that's only true for Souls. most jrpgs put the story elements first, albeit in linear fashion.

>>387523761
>Although some of them are better than FFXV.
XV is unbeatable when it comes to one element: good and constantly enjoyable battlesystem. if wrpgs manage to have a have with a non mind numbingly boring battle system, they will be god tier.

>>387524016
>All those 3 games in that pic are great games with ff15 being slightly inferior
Souls is objectively 60% action 40% rpg.
>>
>>387523563

Even the shittiest wrpgs have better gameplay than jrpgs.
>>
>>387524356
>Even the shittiest wrpgs have better gameplay than jrpgs.

gameplay as in roleplaying mechanics, yes
gameplay as in good battle systems, lol no.
>>
>>387524356
Name one WRPG with battle system half as good as the one in Mana Khemia.
>>
>>387524356

I can't think of any WRPG I've played where I'd call the combat better than "passable"
>>
>>387524712
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity Original Sin
Jagged Alliance 2
>>
File: 1498593723264.jpg (161KB, 1256x937px) Image search: [Google]
1498593723264.jpg
161KB, 1256x937px
>Japan was the country to make an actual WoW killer
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.