[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on Unturned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Unturned.png (11KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Unturned.png
11KB, 512x512px
Its like minecraft meets dayz, and apparently made by only one dude. Anyone played it? What is your verdict, as it seems to have quite a player base.
>>
It's got "quite a player base" pure because it's free and it appeals to the Minecraft audience.
Yup, the player base consists 90% purely by children.
>>
>>387520274
Hows that? It seems like a fun game really. If you can't afford Dayz it seems like a nice substitute, and apparently the dude updates the game almost every other week. Pretty good for some 16 yearold kid.
>>
File: 1499920776958.png (13KB, 439x461px) Image search: [Google]
1499920776958.png
13KB, 439x461px
>>387520168
>made by only one dude
But isn't this game just expanded from a template that Unity provided? I'm pretty sure there are a ton of zombie asset packs such as
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/26912 that are pretty similar. Seems more like he and Unity made it.
>>
it was great until they removed the Arena map and fucked up the inventory making it clunky as fuck to use
i remember when i could equip 2 guns, a canteen, and bandages and equip them from the number keys instead of having to manually go in my inventory and pull them out in order to heal myself
i used to like it. haven't played it much afterwards.
>>
>>387521076
it used to be a roblox minigame before it got a steam standalone.
>>
File: 1481661098945.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481661098945.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>387521076
>assets similar
>not the same thing
>the assets were released after unturned came out
>thinking emoji
Come the fuck on, if you want to pretend to be smart cover your angles.
>>
>>387520378
this
in 2.0 beta it was really easy to run on toasters of computers like mine, and my pc wasnt good at all for dayz or arma 2
>>
>>387521076
The game was based in a ROBLOX game
>>
>>387521324
You still can fucking idiot
>>
Which roblox game was this based on? I play Roblox now and then and I'm interested now. Besides that, the dude has already talked about adding more maps and more things into the game. Shame that I don't have the PC power to play this, it seems like such a fun game.
>>
>>387523005
man i could play this on low settings with an athlon ii, 512mb of ram and integrated graphics your pc could run it fine
>>
>>387523110
Thing is I have a toshiba laptop from 4 years ago and I have no money to get a new one. The only games I can play on my toaster is stuff like stardew valley, and even that becomes boring. Tried to load up unturned and I got a silky smooth 15 frames a second, even after I turned everything all the way down.
>>
>>387521324
Just right click on an item and press the number key between 3-9 to hotkey. Give it another go. The new Germany map is good.

Personally I've played a ton of this game cos its the only one all my friends have (being free) I even payed the fiver for gold just to support the dev cos he does update almost every week. Don't let the graphics fool you folks, first time you feel the meaty shooting you'll know you're playing a damned good game. I downloaded this game the same day as Fallout 4 and I've got 4 hours on one and over 200 on the other. Guess which is which?
>>
Played it for a few months but damn it was fun. Building a sniper tower overlooking a town, snipe all the naked lego men who walk in looking for supplies. Sometimes have a friend walk into the town naked while I overlooked with a sniper and he would call friendly and walk and talk with the guy then I'd fire near them and my friend will tell them to take cover, then my friend will call their location and I would shoot near them the whole time freaking them out until they decide to make a break for it and leave the town and I would end the game with a shot to their head.
The game was fun for hiding In the dark of night and melee killing unsuspecting and well armed players, crawling around in a town as to make no noise to give away your location. It was probably the most fun I had in years but it was filled with squeekers. Also having a long fire fight in the late afternoon and then suddenly blood moon where everybody stops shooting each other and has to survive thr endless zombie spam was pretty damn entertaining.
>>
File: unif.jpg (54KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
unif.jpg
54KB, 500x411px
>>387520168
Only fun to hack, dev is a retard and doesn't properly implement battleEye, but because he included it, it filters out all the dipshits that went "now its unhackable guys" and download from cheat sites.

It's fun bullshitting around in a game full of kids that think its too hard to just take source code and make your own undetected cheats.
>>
>>387524131
>Stop liking things I don't like.png
Jesus man, you could have just said you didn't like the game.
>>
>>387522119
>>387523809
>>387522749
>>387523584
I kinda wanna play it now
>>
>>387523584
And I agree, the game is really fun, with the little I played it. (Had to play on a friends PC) Besides that, single player can be quite fun if you need to get into the swing of things. Other than that, good on you anon. What in your opinion is something you would change? Personally, I would add more food items, or even drink choices.
>>
>>387524361
Play it anon, you won't be dissapointed. There is a tutorial to get you into it, single player so you can sort of get a better understanding without shit heads constantly trying to be all "hurr bandits are fuuun xd". Try some of the missions that NPC's give you as well.
>>
>>387524495
Npcs? Holy shit I haven't played in awhile
What's the singleplayer Like?
>>
I would also reccomend this one guy who does an Unturned roleplay where he plays as papa smurf. Can't remember the name but the guy is kinda neat. Plays the game with his son as well.
>>
>>387524976
Single player is pretty fun. While you won't have the pvp element, if you play I think either in washington or Russia, you can get aboard a ship called "The Liberator", and the NPC's will give you missions to complete, from making a donut for them to taking out a boss. I think there are survivor enclaves out in the world as well that you can speak to as well.
>>
>>387524298
>memetext.jpg
Welcome to 4chan, for future reference, "stop liking things I don't like" is common here. Also, I said it was fun to cheat in and the dev so graciously made it a perfect environment for people who arent that knowledgable in assembler (like me) still have an easy time and be the only ones with cheats.
>>
>>387525250
I would have thought the creator would Have lost interest in his f2p teenage dream but he seems like he deserves my money for all those months of fun I got from it.
>>
>>387525393
Dropping a fiver for the gold isn't that bad.
>>
>>387524390
I think I would try to up the scale of it a bit. Bigger maps and player counts in the servers. That being said the newest Hawaii and Germany maps seem quite large compared to PEI and Washington and some of the player maps feel huge. I don't know if there's some kind of technical limitations in play though.
>>
>>387524390
Oh and I'd add some kind of livestock mechanic to supplement the farming
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.