[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it at 50% off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: dow 3 logo.jpg (17KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
dow 3 logo.jpg
17KB, 594x334px
Is it worth it at 50% off?
>>
haha, no
>>
It's shit, pirate it or don't bother, pirated version supports multiplayer (Which is shit)
>>
seriously, no
>>
>>387512043
sadly not even that.
>>
>>387512043
Coming from a huge 40k fan who loved DOW1 AND DOW2, this game is unfinished garbage. Not even worth 20 dollars

It seriously should be in early access
>>
I've been out of the loop for a while, I've heard that they put some really stupid elements in the game that screwed it up.
Can you guys think of anything redeeming about it? Story... unit roster... anything?
Also, do you think Sega will be mad? Can we hope for DoW 4?
>>
>>387514691
t h r e e
f a c t i o n s

forget the moba like gameplay, removal of melee kill animations, lack of maps, glossy shiny plastic units, weird animations, removal of cover and morale.
THREE FUCKING FACTIONS in a dow game.
>>
>>387514831
What a fucking shame, especially since the other DoWs felt so diverse with their play styles.
Is there any hope in holding out for a DLC faction(s) pack (or apology patches) that make it better?
>>
People better have been fired over this shit, but I'm gonna assume it's the same hollywood tactic of churn out shit all year apart from one billion dollar game, so they knew it was likely to flop.
>>
>>387512043

Yes.

It's not a bad game, not at all. The campaign is solid, gameplay is a merger between DoW1 and 2, and the multiplayer is pretty fun. It's by no means a bad game.
>>
>>387515212
Yeah, it's not a bad game. It's a 5/10 mediocre game you shouldn't waste your time on when there's so many better games you have yet to play.
You'd have to consider your time worthless to play this.
>>
>>387515212
>solid

This is the word people use on this board when they are bullshitting you
>>
Wait for them to add Last Stand.
>>
>>387515212
Fuck off gorb
>>
>Only English VA
Nope, not gonna bother with it unless I can grab it for 5 bucks or something like that.
One of the main reasons I even started playing it was the great German voicework.
>>
>>387512043
LOL no. Game is pure shit.
>>
>they fucked up DOW3

Welp, I would say im disappointed but im already numb to it
>>
>>387515068
The core game is pure shit for the reason he listed. They can't fix that without just admitting their mistake and relaunching as DOW 3.5 or something. Seriously, they need to get on their knees and kiss the community's ass and promise a genuine return to the original concepts.

Most people just wanted DoW2 with base building. Instead they released this pile of shit. What else do you expect from a pink shirt wearing SJW company though? So sad Relic went down the virtue signaling road, they were a good company to have in the rts genre.
>>
>>387516282
A relaunch is precisely the only thing that will get people to play this game. It needs a complete overall of core mechanics and basically needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. As of right now it just isn't fun to play for anybody and far too complicated
>>
>>387515362

I politely disagree. It's not worth 60 bucks for sure, but it's much better than a 5/10. I'd give it a 7 or so, and I'm hoping for a future expansion to add some more content. Necrons were hinted at the end of the game but judging from the backlash the game got from launch I'm not sure we'll see any DLC.

>>387515068

The factions are still diverse in terms of tactics and gameplay, and each unit usually come with their own active ability to use. The biggest gripe I have with DoW3 is that the merger between the first and second game's gameplay isn't exactly flawless. Units in DoW2 were generally fragile and the loss of one was a huge hit and could potentially cost you the game. There was a reason the game featured a Retreat button, and you had to position your troops and use cover properly. Units in DoW1 were the opposite, they could take a beating and you could reinforce everywhere, meaning battles become about attrition and using the right counters.

DoW3 fits in the middle of the two with units being generally vulnerable and expensive, but there's no Retreat button meaning you have to micromanage a lot, and yet the maps and gameplay usually devolve into battles of the first game where two blobs just meet and fuck eachother up. A single AoE (of which there are a ton of) can kill a fuckhuge portion of your army, especially once you start getting those large Elites into the game.
>>
>>387516282
What would be the chances of a re-launch though? Surely there would probably need to be more fuck-ups before that would happen.
Has anything like that happened before? A relaunch that is.
>>
>>387516530
So it kinda takes elements from one and two, but more-or-less fails in its execution?
>>
>>387516530
Thats bullshit. Units in DOW2, especially space marines were tanky as fuck, where as basically everything in DOW3 is ripped to shreds in seconds. None of the units have the hitpoint pool to be able to withstand the vast amounts of damage going out, and soon you realize that these once powerful genetic super soldiers are now nothing more than cannon fodder l, killed off in droves with countless more to spare. Its stupid, and a far cry from the previous games
>>
>>387516509
>far too complicated
This
Everyone spouts MOBA MOBA MOBA when this game is much more hardcore than 1&2, but for fucking horrible reasons that are also unfun.
They replaced standard Relic RTS with Starcraft+DOTA heroes (because hurr durr they are popular) and end result was a micro hell where in 1 second you lose your army to one hero AOE..
>>
>>387516769

Pretty much. The whole MOBA meme is not exactly true either. The turrets the map feature are designed for earlygame to deter rushing, and if you manage to reach your opponents core the game was basically over anyway.

Despite all the flaws of the game it's still reasonably fun and enjoyable. The campaign is diverse enough to warrant a playthrough and the multiplayer is worth a few games at the very least. But it's not worth 60 bucks, not a chance. It's worth 20-30, but it's nowhere close to 60.
>>
Do not buy in to this game anon, Relic is only giving out the coupons for a quick cash in before giving up entirely. The single player campaign is just a tutorial, the multiplayer scene is dead. Trust in your fellow anons for once and save your money.
>>
>>387516684
>Has anything like that happened before?
FF XIV comes to mind
>>
File: dawn of war.png (3MB, 1624x2423px) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war.png
3MB, 1624x2423px
>>387512043
No
>>
>>387515212
good joke friendo
>>
>>387516853
Exactly. The devs were rattling on and on anout clarity then the game comes out and it has the most muddled and vague mechanics I've ever seen. Should have seen the sins when they had backflipling terminators and knights hiding in 6 foot high grass.

But noooo, everything I like has to get fucked up, because of course it does
>>
>>387517370
DOW2 was good tho
>>
>>387517687
>DOW2 was good tho
No
>>
>>387517758
Yes
>>
>>387517687
Years after the fact, sure. At launch? No.
>>
File: No.webm (284KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
No.webm
284KB, 1280x720px
>>387517848
>>
>>387517848
Stop shilling, you got your $0.01 from Relic already from starting the thread.
>>
>>387517879
I threw the game away after beta ended because I was disgusted in netcode and GFWL.
Then Retribution came and it was love from second sight.
>>
>>387517687
Eh not really, it was a warning for things to come.
>>
You know the thing that bothers me more than anything else is that all of characters from Dawn of War 2 are just fucking missing.

I watched all the cut scenes online. Do they even mention any of them in passing during missions or anything?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.