[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that aged well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: SOC.jpg (2MB, 1509x2138px) Image search: [Google]
SOC.jpg
2MB, 1509x2138px
ITT: Games that aged well
>>
File: 0000001870.jpg (184KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
0000001870.jpg
184KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>387507940
It clearly hasn't aged well because it's getting a remake.
>>
>>387508346
Strictly because Sony lost money on TLG. And they will lose money on that port too.
>>
>>387508346
>Not realizing people will always buy a remake of SoTC
This game is out just over 10 years and has 2 remakes.
>>
File: Total_annihilation.jpg (57KB, 421x412px) Image search: [Google]
Total_annihilation.jpg
57KB, 421x412px
>>
File: Claw_Coverart.png (173KB, 256x308px) Image search: [Google]
Claw_Coverart.png
173KB, 256x308px
Still holds up visually imo and is pretty fun to play, though I'm probably a bit biased as it was one of the first pc games I played.
>>
>>387508108
>hl2
>literally gimmicky vehicle sections followed by gimmicky physics puzzles followed by shitty gunplay and a worse weapons arsenal than HL1

face it, HL1 aged way better. Just because HL2 got graphical updates for years afterwards doesn't really mean shit
>>
>>387512170
I miss gimmicks. Games don't use them anymore, just give you a b movie tier narrative with cinematics. I guess every game has some gimmick but it's usually some small boring mechanic.
>>
>>387512408
Well, I don't like HL2's use of gimmicks but in a lot of cases they can be very interesting. But then you have shit like Jak 2 where every other level is some shitty minigame. But if you can name some good gimmicks then do, because my mind is blank at the moment.
>>
>>387512558
I like the mech in the new Kirby 3DS game. Fludd was pretty cool too I guess. I know there's some really cool gimmicks but I can't think of them right now. Point is, back in PS2 era it felt like every game had some sort of gimmick. Many of them weren't that great but at least it added variety. Seems like too many big budget games try to do the same thing now because they're afraid of losing money.
>>
>>387512915
Is FLudd really a gimmick if the whole game is pretty much built around it
>>
>>387513051
I guess we have to draw the line between gimmick and mechanic somewhere, so you're kind of right. Still though, by definition, it is a gimmick. They just said "let's make a game like Mario 64 but in a tropical location and we'll give Mario a water pack" then they built the game around that. Very well executed.

I guess the word "gimmick" has negative connotation though so I see why nobody would want to call it that.
>>
File: 50_Cent_Bulletproof.jpg (19KB, 256x326px) Image search: [Google]
50_Cent_Bulletproof.jpg
19KB, 256x326px
>>
>>
>>387508346
>>387509896
Remaster*
>>
>>387514668
Shadow of the Colossus PS3 runs at either native 720p or 1080p. At 720p it's locked to 30FPS, at 1080p it can drop as low as 22 during high intense scenes briefly.

ICO on PS3 runs at either 720p or 1080p. Locked 30FPS in either resolution. This can easily be pushed to 60 but they probably didn't have enough time to work out any physics related puzzle bugs that may happen.

PS4 Shadow of the Colossus remake, oh you better believe it's not gonna be 1080p at 30FPS. Sony confirmed 30FPS, but that's on the PS4 Pro. PS4 console will run it below for sure, see what happens between The Last Guardian on PS4 and PS4 Pro. It even ran at 9FPS at times on the original PS4.
>>
File: FFVIInomuracastdesigns.jpg (35KB, 377x420px) Image search: [Google]
FFVIInomuracastdesigns.jpg
35KB, 377x420px
Don't forget the greatest videogame that has been or ever will be, made.
>>
>>387507940
Listen... listen to me. Shadow of the Colossus is my all time favorite game. I love the shit out of that game, But it really hasn't aged that well at all. Graphically it was pretty decent for a PS2 game, but controls and camera and such... not so much.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.