[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forget which one is "better", which one will be canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 17

Forget which one is "better", which one will be canon?
>>
Both will be canon
>>
>>387506531
yes they'll both get participation trophies
>>
>>387506448
Stormcloaks will win simply because it makes the story more interesting.

At least that what I hope will happen, but this is Bethesda we're talking about.
>>
Has Bethesda EVER made it clear that there was one winning side in one of their stories? I'd say an asspull 3rd party (such as a band of opportunistic orcs) is more likely than either of the two options presented actually winning. Hell I'd say another dragon break is more likely.
>>
>>387507102
doesn't it really depend on which one the dragonborn sides with? If it will be the Stormcloaks then there's nothing stopping them from taking over more than just Skyrim.
>>387507457
yea I think they really fucked up on this one, and they'll try to find a way to not make either one of these canon.
>>
There will probably be some sort of treaty between the two that is canonical after Skyrim's main story.

That, or Skyrim randomly blows up ALA Morrowind.
>>
they'll probably half ass it saying that the empire and stormcloaks came to some sort of agreement over territorial rule even though that was the central conflict in the first place
>>
>>387507457
You're not thinking meta enough. Morrowind and Cyrodil got destroyed. That was a meta descion But Bethesda won't do it a third time. They themselves know that it would be too predictable. Too meta. So they'll do something different and follow through on the game for once.

Skyrim will become independent.
>>
There will never be a game that takes place chronologically after Skyrim so we'll never know. Bethesda will either update ESO for the rest of their Elder Scrolls installments or just make more games in the 1st/2nd era.
>>
armistice -> peace -> alliance
ulfric will fugg elsif
>>
File: 1494262695345.jpg (44KB, 650x666px) Image search: [Google]
1494262695345.jpg
44KB, 650x666px
>>387506448

Imperials because Nords are literally white supremacists who are against multiculturalism and voted for Drumpf.

No, I'm not even kidding mark my words this will be the reasoning for it.
>>
>>387506448
As a redneck American I root for the stormcloaks because of independence war and all that but the learn about Ulfric I start to think Bethesda actually tried to paint them as objectively bad guys. Ulfric has just done so many morally questionable and stupid shit and was even about to lose the war because the dragon showed up.
>>
I want to know why the fuck you couldn't play as the Thalmor as an Altmer.
>>
File: 1502846459343.png (472KB, 1900x1694px) Image search: [Google]
1502846459343.png
472KB, 1900x1694px
>>387506448
There will be a Dragon Break that makes neither side losers like in Daggerfall, but Alduin will be killed.

The Empire will continue its death spiral and almost certainly collapse
>>
>>387506448
The one where the dragonborn says fuck this war and they unite with the Greybeards
>>
>>387508126
Morrowind/Vvardenfell actually had a clear, present, and explained reason to blow the fuck up when it did. If anything, excluding CHIM, it would've made more sense for the meteor to continue on its impact course with the temple as soon as the incarnate destroyed the heart.
>>
With the assassination of the Emperor Titus Mede II, a new Emperor is put in place who creates a treaty with Skyrim that makes them an independent province politically, but militarily they are still part of the empire.

This way Nords can still have Talos without getting fucked by an army of spell flinging knife ears.
>>
>>387508523
>playing Altmer in Skyrim
The only reason I would have for doing that would be to see the reactions of different NPCs, but I doubt there's anything like that in the game.
>>
>>387508126
but what about the dragonborn? He will be involved at least with the greybeards when he negotiated temporary peace, BUT will he participate in the civil war at all? Because it gives you a choice I think he won't but the most powerful man in tamriel just disappearing in the prime of his life just seems pointless. If skyrim does become independent he's bound to have some role in it.
>>
>>387508459
Well, one can't expect him to beat the Empire too easily. It was an uphill battle, with many lucky breaks. But if he wins, he defies all expectations, from both the empire and the thalmor.
>>
>>387506448
Stormcloaks will be canon since it's more in line with the story of the Dragonborn they told. The example main character (in all the media and on the box, etc) is a quintessential Nord, and so in embracing the Dragonbordn culture also goes hand in hand with embracing the "true" Nord path of Ulfric and independence, tradition and the old ways.

The main character fights dragons and fights for Skyrim, all other things follow from there.
>>
>>387508459
*about to lose before the dragon showed up.

I think the start was to give you a false good impression of them and then made you feel clever by finding out that they were actually the bad guys because with all entertainment nationalism = nazi = evil.
>>
>>387506448
The stormcloacks win but Skyrim remains part of the Empire

Both endings will give a piece for the "canon" ending Bethesda already did this in all other TES games
>>
>>387508819
The dragonborn will literally become a dragon or something and meet you in the next game. Who knows.
>>
File: 10 outta 10.jpg (92KB, 954x674px) Image search: [Google]
10 outta 10.jpg
92KB, 954x674px
>>387506448
>which one will be canon
that's how you spot a faggot who don't know CHIM

get that weak shit outta here
>>
>no option to make your own faction and take over Skyrim for yourself
You're the fucking dragonborn, getting people behind you would be easy
>>
>>387508819
He will die
>>
>>387509076
Dragon souls can't die.
>>
Both will be canon because of the dragon break.
>>
>>387506448
>"after the defeat of the world-eater, the civil war consuming skyrim subsided as the tide of hatred of fear rolled slowly back once more"
Peace will win or some shit. I can see it now.
>>
>>387509127
t. dragon
>>
>>387508993
How does that work, dipshit?
Chim has nothing to do here
>>
>>387506448
Neither.
There is too much riding on not taking a side with either faction via making them canon, as the are representing too much of real world politics right now that canonicity of either outcome would impede their sales with the enraged extremists of the other belief.
TES6 will either be simultaneous to skyrim, or have some other outcome than either side winning.
Bethesda might not be a intelligent enough collectively to be a competently lead or good developer, but they are definitely cunning enough to be money-grubbing whores.
>>
>>387509203
The civil war was caused by thalmor outlawing talos worship. None of that changes without the thalmor leaving. And they don't leave unless the stormcloaks win.
>>
File: IMG_1109.jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1109.jpg
18KB, 225x225px
>>387508819
The Dragonborn made a deal with the prince of fate in the last dlc for Skyrim. So he going to become a librarian.
>>
>>387509127
A soul is and always was defined as the one part of a being that will live on indefinitely after the life of someone comes to an end.
Ever use of the word has that implicit meaning, and pointing out that one specific sould is immortal is redundant, even in TES lore.
>>
File: IMG_7823.gif (329KB, 187x146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7823.gif
329KB, 187x146px
>>387509256
>Chim has nothing to do here
>>
File: 14286394407750.jpg (909KB, 2576x1823px) Image search: [Google]
14286394407750.jpg
909KB, 2576x1823px
>>387509256
???
are you dense?
chim have everything to do here
>>
>>387506448
They're going to do another bajillion years timeskip so they can ignore everything that happened in the past game, just like what they did in Skyrim in regards to Oblivion.
>>
>>387506448
Neither, it'll all be overshadowed by Dragonborn story and some Elf war.
>>
File: 1488068819387.jpg (49KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
1488068819387.jpg
49KB, 354x352px
Chim is fanfiction tier garbage and there's no proof that the book that talks about it is actually correct.
>he thinks Bethesda can make deep enough writing to keep up such a concept
>>
>>387509650
>>387509482
Do you learn anything in reddit besides spouting CHIM?
>>
File: 1502240575873.png (96KB, 176x204px) Image search: [Google]
1502240575873.png
96KB, 176x204px
>>387509802
>he doesn't know
>>
Guy I'm really scared about the next game. I don't wanna bother finding it again but they said that TES VI won't come out till next gen because they have big plans and current gen doesn't have the technology. They said that "if we told you what we wanna do you would think we were crazy and that we don't have technology for that." We instantly think we mean the usual improvements such as bigger worlds, smarter AI etc. But with mods now on consoles and the attempt to monetize them I think what they're working on is an entirely new modding system. One that is 'streamlined' and entirely console friendly and made to be simple things you can plug in and plug out mid-game at will. Probably with some sort of pseudo-multiplayer too such as sharing weapons with other players and the like. It will ultimately be an inferior system that discourages big overhual mods that use script extenders and need fresh save games but will be eaten up by console casuals for their ease of use and it will be something that will be heavily monetized.
>>
>>387509450
Well dragons souls are more immortal. A regular person or creature cannot kill a dragon. Their souls reincarnate within a couple days. Only a dragonborn, or another dragon, can kill a dragon. They do so by absorbing the power of the dragon's soul into their own soul.

Alduin was a dragon that had a taste for undead souls and wanted to kill everyone so he could eat them in the afterlife.
>>
>>387509392
you joke but they honestly added so many MAJOR changes in skyrim that I think they really fucked themselves for the next one
>actually defeat alduin
>resurrect the blades
>kill paarthurnax, hindering the greybeards continuation
>reform the dawnguard, defeat and banish a vampire lord OR side with him and have the strongest bow in existence and complete power over the sun
>possess 3 elder scrolls
>side with the empire OR secure the throne for Ulfric
>kill the first dragonborn
>assassinate the emperor*
>discover the ability to read elderscrolls at will
>find the last snow elf
etc.
I almost have to agree with the theory that all TES will be retrograde from here on
>>
>>387509725
Oblivion had no loose ends. Skyrim literally ends with "So, when are we going to Moscow?".
>>
>>387510030
>actually defeat alduin

Doesn't happen. You just send him forward in time.
>>
>>387509887
Prove why Chim is real. I'll wait. It has not been mentioned since Morrowind.
>>387510031
They'll make it ambiguous and just say people fought the Thalmor and TES 6 will have half the continent split between Elves and everyone else.
>>
>>387510096
no thats what they did last time. I'm pretty sure you KILL alduin, then go to sovngarde and kill him again, then absorb his soul so he will never return unless I missed something in the storyline
>>
>>387510240
You only killed him in sovangard, in the top of the mountain he just fuck's off.
also you don't absorve it's soul, you get a dialog option when talking to the greybeards/paarthurnax (not sure which)
>>
>>387510240
I'm pretty sure you are wrong and Paarthunax specifically mentions that you haven't killed him, only delayed him again. You don't kill him in the real world. You only weaken him to the point where he needs to run off to the spirit world and regain strength from eating souls.
>>
>>387510030
>you joke
Did you accidentally reply to the wrong person. Because I'm not joking when I'm saying the Dragonborn will become a librarian. When you make a deal with the Prince of Fate, you can't ignore it because you can't ignore fate.
>>
>>387510030
They didn't fuck themselves. Dragon breaks essentially means all alternatives happen at the same time, and it would make sense for one to happen since he dragonborn carelessly meddles with time in the main quest.
>>
>>387510419
>>387510509
Am I retarded? I specifically remember going to the "spirit world" where alduin was feasting on souls, gathering up the champions, then using challenging alduin and defeating him. I checked the wiki and it says you don't absorb his soul but he explodes instead
>>
>>387506448
Neither or both. I would be surprised if they made one side canon, because it is not something Bethesda usually does for side quest lines.

It is likely that regardless of the outcome, Skyrim will be independent or part of the Empire due to whatever circumstances Bethesda decides to create.

Example: Maybe Ulfric dies of a disease in canon so Skyrim ends up a part of the empire whether it won the civil war or not. The civil war was not a big issue to the other provinces of the Empire, so it is not impossible for Bethesda to be vague on the circumstances of it's conclusion.
>>
>>387510747
He never made a deal with him. What's his name, the funny dark elf professor. He says you show no signs of being influenced by Mora. In fact, you're the only one who could resist him.
>>
>>387510814
>387510814
This is correct, no one knows what happened to Alduin other than he exploded.
>>
>>387510813
What's a "dragon break"?
>>
>>387507953
Yeah, time skip of 500 years inc.
>>
>>387510814
>When defeated in Sovngarde, unlike other Dragons, Alduin's soul cannot be absorbed. When Arngeir is questioned about the anomaly, he theorizes that Alduin is not permanently dead and will eventually return to fulfill the prophecy of the Elder Scrolls.

Literally from the wiki you claimed to read. He's obviously been sent forward in time.
>>
>>387510990
No. Last one was what, 200 years? People already complained about how there was no technological advancement. 500 would be too much for guns to not be invented by then.
>>
>>387510983
Multiple timelines all happen at the same time and everyone act really confused about what happen. It how they explain that all the endings of Daggerfall are canon and not canon at the same time.
>>
>>387506448
I'd guess the Imperials, they had the whole "War with the elves is coming." that set's up for the next instalment
Question is. will the new hero be another prisioner?
>>
>>387511245
It makes just as much sense for the nords to break from the empire while still remaining an ally. Like when America broke from the Commonwealth. America still sided with Britain against the Axis years later.
>>
>>387510112
Dragon Shouts were the FOCAL point of Skyrim. A dragon's shout is literally going full Numidium and exercising your will onto reality and forcing it to flex to what you want, thru nothing but intention and actualizing that intention. Shouts work on the same principle as CHIM, just without the other end of Zero Summing being a thing.

Think of it as CHIM-lite.
>>
>>387510908
You become Mora champion after you defeat Miraak. That basically like passing a job interview for a librarian job.
>>
>>387511245
The main character will definitely be a prisoner.
>>
>>387511475
So you mean it's the same as Alteration magic?
>>
>>387508857
but I don't want to be a cuck
>>
>>387511457
I get what you're trying to say but really?
That was a whole 100 years apart, if not more, you can't expect me to take that exemple seriously.
>>
>>387511475
See >>387511628
Fuck off CHIM fags
>>
>>387511538
>You start as a prisoner in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim

Woah, I never noticed that before. I can't even think of a possible alternative.
>>
>>387511628
Yup, the only thing seperating CHIM and other stuff thats been in TES since day one is the horrific implication of the absolute of what CHIM represents. People that rail against CHIM being a thing int he canon just don't understand that almost all aspects of the lore and gameplay takes CHIM into account as a thing.

It would be like a person in our world hearing about quantum entanglement, not getting the implications, then claiming its all fairy tale magic, just because they don't understand it.
>>
>>387510983
A point where the world splits into multiple different timelines which eventually reconverge back into one, it's hard to tell when Dragon Breaks happen but a sign is when people have wildly different accounts of history.
>>
>>387511715
A traveler? is ambiguous enough for any character
>>
>>387506448
Canon will be stormcloaks for sure, because that progresses the story of the empire vs dominion much more.
>>
Childhood is idolizing the stormcloaks. Adulthood is realizing the empire makes more sense.
>>
No because Stormcloaks are like nazis and Trump and can never win.
>>
>>387511807
>Reddit fag trying to sound smart by believing in some shitty in-universe conspiracy theory written in a book two games ago
You're the reason why Elder Scrolls discussion sucks.
>>
>>387511715
Arena, Online (before Morrowind expansion) and Legend also start you in a jail.
>>
>>387511698
Since when are the games not over 100 years apart?
>>
>>387511129
reading around it seems alduins death was left open on purpose, but seeing how he is destined to eat the world I guess you can assume he will return again at some point
>>
>>387511889

I'd prefer CHIM discussion over all the LEL SO IRONIC posts about politics in this thread.
>>
>>387511860
You sound like someone who sided with the empire as a child first thing, though.
>>
>>387511976
Don't act dumb, you know what i mean.
>>
>>387511889
you not liking it is not an argument against it. There is evidence of CHIM being a thing and they deliberately don't retcon parts that mention it out. Talos CHIMed, the Thalmor outlawed it, a lone heretic shouts about it non stop. This isn't cut from the game, they left it in and turned it into a new lorespot. The game designers went meta with the CHIM discussion. Their conclusion: they can never erase it, even if they try, the scenario wills till come around and be an inevitability again.

They went meta with their own discussion and you missed it. By having it in the game they passed their judgement on it. You lose.
>>
>>387512086
Political posts are isolated to Stormcloak vs Imperial discussion, CHIM fags pollute and ruin discussion for the entirety of the game series and its lore.
>>
>>387511976
There only a 44 year difference between Arena and Oblivion. And Morrowind and Daggerfall take place between those two games.
>>
>>387512187
>is wrong
>says wrong statements
>calls everything CHIM when it's not
>is a faggot from Reddit
>thinks Bethesda is smart enough to even do this
>will always plague discussion by saying LOL CHIM to everything and anything
You should be lynched.
>>
>>387512150
I'm afraid I don't. Perhaps you could further explain why it wouldn't make sense for the nords to join the empire in battle when the next war with the thalmor starts, regards of whether they are still a part of the empire.
>>
>>387511853
if bethesda had balls they'd spin it as the dragonborn siding with the stormcloaks, freeing skyrim, then seizing control of cyrodiil, making himself emperor of a new dynasty, then starting a war with the dominion.
>>
>>387512202

No, it doesn't. Stop being assmad that people discuss things you don't agree or accept.
>>
Neither, they'll either still be fighting the civil war and it will act as a reason why you can't visit the region or they will have some kind of treaty or stalemate so neither side is the victor as to not alienate any returning players.
>>
You guys are talking about this like it's a film or an announced game?
>>
>>387512329
>no it doesn't
>thread is full of CHIM fags saying everything is CHIM
>can't discuss anything because LOL CHIM CHIM THIS CHIM THAT LOOK HOW MUCH OF AN INTELLECTUAL I AM GIVE ME UPVOTES
Castrate yourself.
>>
>>387509392
Richard confirmed canonical Dragonborn.
>>
I'm not much of a TES fan, I guess CHIM is like ascending to a higher plane with the reputation of skub?
>>
>>387512495
CHIM is realizing that you're living in a dream and you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>387512495
CHIM is a shitty theory that everything is dreamed up by some god figure and the world isn't real.
It was last mentioned in Morrowind and hasn't been brought up since, the only people connecting it to recent games and concepts are faggots trying to sound smart.
>>
File: 1379116895012.jpg (120KB, 582x625px) Image search: [Google]
1379116895012.jpg
120KB, 582x625px
>>387512417
>>
>>387512278
Why do you keep thinking people are from reddit? You realize it instantly invalidates your ramblings as paranoia right? you understand how stupid you look right?
>>
>>387508306
That remember me about that Modder that created a "multirace" mod meaning that both stormcloaks and Imperials include other races into the ranks of their soldier instead of plain nordics vs imperials.

I think that it wouldn't make such a problem if he only enable that for the legion, as they are know of recruiting literally everything that is smart enough to understand orders and to keep up the legion training.
>>
>>387506448
It doesn't matter every aftermath is the same.
Back in the day when I was 15 or so I used to HATE nords because they were degenerates (Thanks New Vegas).
Last year I finish Skyrim with the Nords just because GoT.
Never cared about TES lore.
>>
>>387512285
The thalmor would see the writing on the wall and invade again long before the stormcloaks finish invading Cyrodil. It would be empire and thalmor against the stormcloaks. They wouldn't win.
>>
>>387512635
Because CHIM is popular on Reddit and that's where the theory building started.
Now a theory has become a pseudo-fact to pseudo-intellectuals trying to put more meaning into a Bethesda series than there actually is. If it wasn't treated like fact it wouldn't be a problem, but it is, and it eclipses and infects all discussion as a result.
News flash: not all books in the TES games are 100% correct and fact.
>>
>>387511129
Nah, he was just put in the corner for a while.
>>
>>387512283
You motherfucker, you caught me in my own rope.
Fine i'll concede you that they can also be there but i don't agree with it. seems od that the next Elder scrolls installment would have mentions of a rebel group from a different province
>>
>>387510747
Dude are you the same guy that had Mora headcanon like 2 weeks ago? DB is part of god head and can't be owned by any Daedra
>>
>>387512278
When Talos Chimed he made himself a Divine. The Divines were cool with this (they didn't have a choice). The Thalmor tried to outlaw Talos worship. Some crazy lunatic rambles about it in their game. Turns out that lunatic was right. Bethesda the game company put that in their game as a deliberate commentary.

The lunatic was Kirkbride
The Thalmor were new guard in Bethesda
Talos worship controversy was CHIM

Its too meta for you, we get it. Go fuck your sister or something Clyde.
>>
>>387506448
Whover wins the elves will lose.
>>
>>387512581
>It was last mentioned in Morrowind
And the Mythic Dawn Commentaries, and by the writers.
>>
>>387512773

>that's where the theory building started

How do you know that? Suspicious.
>>
>>387512851
>lol meta stories *tips fedora*
There is nothing actually connecting Talos and shouts to CHIM, you just really, really want to sound cool and smart and you love "wacki meta lul" shit.
Talos worshiped was banned because they believed him not to be a real Divine, he did what he did because he was dragonborn. This is all shit that's actually stated and explained in the game Skyrim and has more backing to it than your stupid CHIM shit.
Morrowind was a mistake.
>>
File: 1326418032450.png (20KB, 315x274px) Image search: [Google]
1326418032450.png
20KB, 315x274px
>Theory
CHIM is a thing, you fucking mongoloid
The fact that redditors are obsessed with it normally means they believe the whole HURR DURR UR A PLAYER XD shit instead of the actual meaning of being awake in the god head, it was CHIM what allowed Cydoriil terrain change by Talos and it was clearly explained in Morrowind. Not being mentioned in recent games doesn't mean it fucking disappeared
God damn fucking retard
>>
People can hate on Bethesda and Todd all they like, but the fact that we're still fighting over this question like autists 6 years later must count for something.
>>
>>387511224
Why use guns when you can launch a fucking fireball from your palm at will.
>>
>>387512989
It's a theory and has never been confirmed as factual. Faggots like you pushing it as fact are the worst sect of the Elder Scrolls fandom and need to fuck right off. I know you really, really want to sound cool and meta, but you should fuck off.
>>
>>387512748
stormcloaks would have a literal god on their side that can summon dragons to aid him, once they see him on the battlefield riding a dragon making fire rain from the sky and dismembering soldiers with his voice, armies would fall easily
>>
>>387513073
>meta
It's not meta, you fucking troglodyte
Did Vivec suddenly stopped existing or what?
God damn, where do these inbred come from
>>
>>387512827
Nope. I just like to imagine that this https://youtu.be/mZHoHaAYHq8 is the canon ending for the Dragonborn. Also this is Bethesda we talking about. You don't think they not just going to find some way to get rid of the Dragonborn. Having them work for a Prince is the easiest way to get rid of them.[\spoiler]
>>
>>387513049
Has anyone ever been killed by a fireball? A bit of fire never hurt anyone. Bullets go right through armor, shields and enchantments.
>>
>>387509802

The concept originated from Morrowind. They guy who wrote the lore for it locked himself in his apartment for over a week on an acid binge to write it. He doesn't work for bethesda anymore.
>>
>>387513183
>where do these inbred come from
>implying people who believe CHIM as fact aren't the inbreds
>>387513307
This should be enough to know it's not to be taken seriously but fags insist.
>>
>>387511224
Guns already sorta exist I think. Pretty sure I read somewhere that Redguards have invented gunpowder and cannons.
>>
>>387508306
I once talked to a guy who said he initially chose the Stormclocks, but regretted it afterwards because he "realized only in retrospective they are racists who want to keep Skyrim for Nords only".
>>
>>387513534
That's just chinese whispers. You can look online and everything points back to /v/.
>>
>>387513538
You should have told him that Skyrim belongs to the Nords.
>>
>>387512987

>they believed him not to be a real Divine

No. They know he's a divine. They just don't like that he's replaced Lorkhan as the God of Man. They believe the Gods are their ancestors, it was pure heresy to Altmer religion when Talos ascended to Godhood.

You're just proving you don't know shit.
>>
So where do you think the next Elder Scroll's will be on? i'd say Valenwood.
>>
File: 1501738792119m.jpg (44KB, 1024x659px) Image search: [Google]
1501738792119m.jpg
44KB, 1024x659px
I know it's a lost cause, but are there any mods to make Skyrim more RPG-ish? More Morrowind-like pretty much. I noticed there is this Disparity mod which looks pretty neat
Also kinda related, Skywind will have Morrowind mechanics and everything, right? All I want is Morrowind with Skyrim's graphics and nothing more
>>
>>387513943
Orsinium
>>
>>387513914
When did Talos actually ascend at any point? You learn in the game that Talos's powers came from being dragonborn and most Nords consent to the fact that their respect comes from him as a leader and a ruler, not as a God.
You're warping everything in your way to make it fit to some bullshit a guy on acid wrote.
>>
>>387513951
It IS a lost cause. Nothing you'll can't change the shallowness of the quests or the unresponsiveness of the game world. The most you could do is tweak and add little unnecessary "role-playing" elements like forcing you to eat or shit ever 6 hours.
>>
>>387513951
Last time i modded Skyrim, Requiem was the closest thing to actual RPG attributes in Skyrim.
It also makes archery even more OP than vanilla by the way.
>>
>>387514116

>You learn in the game that Talos's powers came from being dragonborn

No. You fucking don't. You're the only doing the asspulls, here.

>When did Talos actually ascend at any point?

If he didn't, why are their shrines to him in two games that answer prayers?

>Their respect comes from him as a leader and a ruler, not as a God.

Their being disallowed to worship him was the Catalyst of the entire War.

>You're warping everything in your way to make it fit to some bullshit a guy on acid wrote.

No. I'm not. CHIM exists. What's player theory is what CHIM does and what it is. If you wanna discard all that as bullshit, go ahead. That's your right. But you're the only misrepresenting facts, shitposting and autistically screeching.
>>
>>387514116
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Tiber_Septim
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nine_Divines#Nine_Divines
No, you're wrong.
The only reason people don't worship Talos now is because Elves are fags who can't accept that a mortal human is now a God.
>>
>>387506448
Stormcloaks most likely, some Heroic characters will be asspulled to cover the Dragonborn and then Ulfric will ally with the empire to drive off the thalmor and show some presence on the campaing against them, they will get strong out of nowhere despite of being barbarians with sticks.
>>
neither

if the next game is in the future we will hear that there was a civil war in skyrim, the dragonborn may likely have been a part but realistically nobody knows who won because the elves took over regardless. there will be books and npcs who will mention both sides winning. for example some nord claiming how solitude was taken over and give specific examples of how Ulfric executed general tullius etc and vice versa for the imperial side
>>
chim fags ruin everything
>>
>>387516916
Explain.
>>
>>387516949
this thread was about the civil war not chim theory
>>
>>387517046
And it was already discussed to death.
If you want to talk about the civil war then go talk about it.
Complaining is useless because you're not even contributing anything at all, while the chim fags at least actually discuss something.
>>
>>387517215
I made the thread, dingleberry
>>
File: 1323551080309.png (34KB, 172x166px) Image search: [Google]
1323551080309.png
34KB, 172x166px
How come no-one has tried to copy the elder scrolls formula after how stupid popular skyrim was?
Minecraft got popular and everyone and their mum put forced crafting into their games.

But no skyrim clones.
>>
>>387517552
And?
The fact is that there's no more things to discuss, as can be seen from the simple fact that you had to bump this thread.
>>
I miss it when TES lore was about the games and not some retard's fanfiction.
>>
>>387517646
Making a Minecraft clone is cheap. Making a Skyrim clone is not.
>>
>>387517646
>no skyrim clones
>what is the open world meme
Fucking Witcher 3 marketed their game as 40% bigger than Skyrim.
>>
>>387517912
But Witcher 3 have too many differences when compare to Skyrim (for example you don't make your own character in Witcher 3.)
>>
File: 84709-0-1499076572.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
84709-0-1499076572.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387506448
Thalmor of course.
>>
>>387518053
But they DID make the combat as shit as skyrim.
>>
File: Screenshot (143).png (4KB, 329x149px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (143).png
4KB, 329x149px
>>387517749
thread died because I went afk
go make a chim thread and stop spamming every tes related thread with it
>>
>>387511475
wrong, its tonal architecture gayboy
>>
>>387518114
Come on anon, in Skyrim combat is far more fun that in TW3.
>>
>>387518328
I'd agree apart from swords. Sword and board is alright with mods that add timed blocking, but other than that swords are just stupidly boring
>>
>>387518117
Nigger if you actually paid attention to the chim discussion you'd know that the actual amount of chim fags are like 1-3 at most.
If you want to blame someone for people not discussing what you wanted to discuss then chim fags are not one.
The only one you should blame are all TES fags because this topic has already been discussed countless times and people are just not that interested in it, as opposed to newfags being retarded about chim, which provokes actual chim fags to tell these newfags that they're wrong.
>>
>>387518671
Go flame at people about how wrong they are in vg ya dingleberry, since you want to sage so bad i'll help you
>>
>>387518432
Ah yeah. I'm currently playing as a rogue so yeah, i agree, melee sucks.
>>
>>387519628
I'm not flaming at people, i was only saying that expecting 100+ posts discussing about the OP topic is pretty much impossible at this point because everyone's already discussed it.
>>
Where's the next game going to take place?
How will Bethesda fuck it up?
>>
>>387512773
Chim is cannon deal with it fag, coda too
>>
>>387520163
Hammerfell because black people and it'll be eays to turn sword singing into not-thu'um. Replace Skyrim snow with sand and there you go.

I just hope it doesn't feel as small as Skyrim did.
>>
File: IMG_1110.jpg (21KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1110.jpg
21KB, 320x180px
>>387520190
>Chim is cannon deal with it fag, coda too
Did you just say coda is canon.
>>
>>387509076
LDB will die. But his soul will choose to go back in time, the time when he was the happiest, and he will be at the checkpoint between Cyrodiil and Skyrim walking right into an imperial ambush. Serana who loves LDB wants to be with him too and wants to be in a time when LDB'd love her, but since he already loves Balgruuf she'll go back in time before LDB is born and become his mother.
>>
>>387518101
>pic
>implying thalmor wouldn't delete every historical record of tiber septim
>>
>>387521043
L O R E B E A R D
>>
>>387521043
I saw someone mentioning this faggot on lore threads
can anyone give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>387522692
Spergy youtuber
>>
File: file.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
>>387506448
I'm not going to side with someone that just attempted to kill me out of principal, also in terms of the elder scrolls, most native culture is interesting enough, and accepting the big imperial cock into it usually destroys the most interesting parts of it so even if stormcloaks are retards, I'm going to join up with them anyways.
>>
>>387506448
Neither, we'll get some shit about how they either made a treaty or Skyrim was just conquered by the Thalmor regardless.

>>387512669
Are you talking about Diverse Skyrim? If so, as far as I know at least 90% of Stormcloaks are still Nords and there are no non-human races with them.
>>
>>387506448
There's no canon in Elder scrolls because of timeline fuckery. They only canon is that time fuckery is a thing.
>>
So how long until they say Fallout and TES are on the same planet?
>>
>>387523352
I'll bet there is going to be another reference just to piss people off
>>
>>387508819
You never really hear about hero protagonists after they finish their quest. They usually fuck off to another continent or die. The only one that has any significance is the Hero of Kedvatch, who turns into Sheogorath.
>>
The side that lets people sell argonian pussy.
>>
Thalmor victory is canon, so it doesn't matter which one you choose.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.