[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breath of Fire, a JRPG.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: breath-of-fire-usa.png (401KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
breath-of-fire-usa.png
401KB, 450x450px
I'm 2 hours in. Just beat the Wizard and had Nina join my party. All I've had to do is hit auto on every single random encounter. On bosses, all I have to do is spam attack and then eat a herb before I die. With Nina at least I can use buffs, but they really don't add that much to the strategy.

What is the appeal? Why do people like these games?
>>
BoF4 is the only good one
>>
>>387503291
Why do you expect something from a game made in 1993? Of course it's bad by modern standards.
>>
>>387503291
Who the fuck like it? It won't be a Korean MMORPG now if people truly like it. Not to mention you are playing a decades old games, what do you expect?
>>
>>387503291
You're pretty likely to die anyways but there isn't much to BoF
>>
>>387503291
Is that BoF 1? That game is really bad by today's standards and has a lot of archaic shit that isn't very obvious but still requires you to progress. It's a pretty generic jrpg from start to finish, so if you're not liking it now, you aren't going to change your opinion much in 2-5 more hours. BoF3 and 4 are the best ones in the series
>>
>>387503806
Didn't Doom come out that year? And then Super Mario Bros. came out eight years before that.
>>
>>387503291
You are supposed to grind at x20 speed or whatever your emulator lets you go with and plough through the game with overleveled toons.
>>
>>387505726
those aren't RPGs nor are a fair comparison
>>
>>387503806
Dragon Quest V came out the previous year.
>>
>>387506405
Ultima 7
Ultima Underworld
Final Fantasy 5
Just Breed
Lunar 1
Romancing SaGa
Shin Megami Tensei

All released under two years before BoF1.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.