[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman - Arkham Knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 4L_3IraQgTW.jpg (47KB, 460x215px)
4L_3IraQgTW.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
WHAT. WENT. WRONG????
>>
Your father didn't wear rubber.
>>
>>387501893
The fact that you made this thread. Arkham Knight was excellent and lives up to the series name.
>>
It was too much batmobile.
>>
>>387501936
Rude ;_;
>>
>>387501893
bad PC port overshadowed everything else
Game was easily the most well made
>>
>>387501893
PC port, Batmobile, Riddler racing, fucking Joker is the main villain again, they didn't even fucking try with boss fights.
So, plenty of things.
>>
>>387501942
The story was dogshit, Origins was way better even though it was made by the B-Team
>>
>>387502331
>playing games for story
>>
I put it off for a long time because of both the consensus towards it and also for just how much I played the hell out of the other games.

I played it recently and enjoyed it quite a lot. Even the Batmobile sections were awesome.

The biggest disappointment for me was the lack of variety in stealth. I almost never use the gadgets from the previous games:
>>
>>387502414
why else would you play the arkham games? It's not like the gameplay is anything special.
>>
>>387501893
Battank sucks and should have only been a means of transportation. MSQ is boring, few interior areas, those that exist are small and uninteresting.
>>
>>387503108
oh you poor bastard
>>
Needed more tank combat.
>>
>>387503170
>should have only been a means of transportation
But why, if grappling hook and gliding is more fun?
>>
Too much Batmobile, and Riddler trophy hunting should have never been a thing. Other than those two things it is pretty fun.
>>
>>387501893
They listened their fans too much, so they went full batmobile
>>
Right:

Graphics, combat, variety of villains

Wrong:

Worst PC port in recent history, not letting go of Joker, Batmobile tank
>>
>>387501893
>Press R2 while in the batmobile to ruin your game
>>
>>387503108

you fly so much gooder in Knight than any of the other ones.
>>
>>387501893
too much batmobile
>>
The Batman & Robin of Arkham games
>>
batman arkham knight more like batmobile arkham knight haha am i right
>>
>>387501942
knight is officially the worse game of the quadrilogy.

Not only is the game trash technically on PC, they gameplay and subsequently the entire game is also diluted by the batmobile.
The game is like a show with very good story episodes and the filler episodes were written and directed by an untalented hack, except with knight they presented the filler as the gameĀ“s "new star".

Remove all the batmobile shit and maybe you got a better game than asylum or city, maybe.
Way shorter and not worth 60 dollars at launch, definitely.
>>
>>387507805
improving the features of the past games is expected change, implementation of boring driving challenges and tedius vehicle combat is not.
>>
>>387501950
This. It was fine otherwise.
>>
>>387501893
I felt like the stealth sections were improved by the new gadgets and shit they introduced, but man the fucking Batmobile segments really kill the game. Lack of boss fights is a bummer too.
>>
I liked it cause I pirated it. It works well now that it got patches and fixes, runs pretty well while looking good too. I can't speak about the story because I didn't mind it that much, but the Joker was fine even if it felt like they weren't letting go of him. It has an "alright" end to the series, atleast they went out with a sort of bang I guess.
I wish that they did a bit more with the Arkham Knight, but I gotta admit that I like his design. Futuristic Tacticool armor is something I like a lot.
>>
>>387507653
> not letting go of Joker
you could argue that having the finale game without joker at all, even if he is not the main villain, when the previous games all revolved around him would be disappointing.
They did add him in a way that was not detrimental at all, in fact, the joker bits were a definite highlight of the dialogue and cutscenes, much more than the "shocking tweest" and scarecrow as the main villain.
>>
>>387507653
>not letting go of Joker

He was the best part of the game you daft sod.
>>
>Over reliance on vehicle sections
>Shoving the Joker into the game for the fourth time
>Uninspired boss fights and tedious navigation
>Level design was not well thought out
>Riddler was even more glorified vehicle sections
>Terrible, predictable story. No one didn't know AK was JT before even touching the game.

All in all, the best thing the game had going for it was the visuals which looked great, and the soundtrack was up to par with the other titles, it was just a story that didn't need to be told. To this day I don't understand why they didn't/won't do Arkham: Beyond. They could have a fresh character, new sites, new mechanics, new villains and open up a whole new generations to the awesome BB world. It was such a no-brainer I don't know how they fucked it up.
>>
File: 936786.jpg (600KB, 2754x1549px) Image search: [Google]
936786.jpg
600KB, 2754x1549px
>>
>>387510643
It's obvious they're saving Beyond for a rainy day.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.