[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so terribly, catastrophically wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: mafia 3.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mafia 3.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
What went so terribly, catastrophically wrong?
>>
>>387501637
You don't even play as a mobster. Just some diversity hire gangbanger that the devs thought would be liked because of journalists telling them to do it.
>>
>>387501637
Im still enjoying it. The dlc is really good too apart from the 1st one which is a bit meh.
>>
Misguided attempt to parasite on a cult-like status of an IP by people who killed the IP in the first place and alienated everyone who created it. Since the game was made exclusively to feed of the good will the name accumulated by unrelated people, there was obviously no idea of how to recreate the success of the original, so the team had to "innovate" which in these days tend to mean "deconstruct": because for some reason people think turning popular thing inside out is really super smart. And that lead them to the other really bad idea: feeding quite desperately on contemporary popular social talk and ethos: thus making it sure that the game will have a lot of traction on release that is largely unrelated to it's actual content.

And all of this was focused on instead of actually examining the MECHANICAL level of the game, resulting to both not very well excecuted, but more importantly INCREDIBLY DULL AND UNIMAGINATIVE exercise in worn-out genre staples and routines.
Beneath the "people will play it because it's Mafia", and "people will play it because everyone talks racism now!" and "people will play it because everyone wants deconstructions of previously succesful models" nobody really considered whenever anyone is going to play it for being fun.

Add a bit of good old regular, garden-variety incompetence and releasing a game in an already over-statured genre, and well... Mafia 3 ladies and gentlemen.
>>
Pandered to an extremely niche audience
>>
>>387501637
>>387503375
>>387503475

I really hope you are not samefagging your own thread
>>
They completely retcon Mafia 2 it seems and reduce Vito to some low tier side character, the game doesn't even have mobsters, it's just a bunch of cartoonish gangs and a rich evil white guy with a bunch of murder for hire goons, it felt more like some black guys wet dream so that he could self insert to one man army a bunch of white people
>>
>>387503534
Look at the poster count
Also don't reply to me ever again or I'll fuck you and let you fuck me
>>
>>387503534
I know that redditors didn't learn this trick yet, but there's actually a way to find out if somebody is samefagging.
>>
>>387501637
The game is too buggy. I can't even enjoy it without some game breaking retarded thing happening.
>>
The driving and shooting is really good.
The rest is shit.
>>
>>387503549
>Joe isn't dead
They took a shit on mafia 2
>>
Completely removed from what people liked about Mafia.
>>
Putting the game's subject matter and story aside, it was really that they changed the format of the game to a mindless sandbox similar to the old Godfather games, where the previous priority (the overarching narrative of the main character) took a backseat to "go kill this house full of hillbillies and mobsters and take over the racket".
>>
>people complained mafia 2 didn't have any side content.
>hanger 13 makes the entire game side content
>>
>>387501637
>>387501637
great voice acting and cutscenes
shit gameplay
>>
>>387501637
Pandering to SJWs when most gamers are anti social justice
>>
>>387503375
holy crap, good analysis on /v/
>>
File: 1474492009775.png (624KB, 500x984px) Image search: [Google]
1474492009775.png
624KB, 500x984px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ1YMeY07xI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=getp6QCcdqg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlszwKVVP0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHjeDvnSPPA
>>
>>387503858
here
>>387504145
this tech plus an actual Italian American mafia story was the only reason many people liked the series
>>
>>387504145
I love all the small features in old games.
Its sad that devs today are too lazy
>>
>>387501637
The good:
Story
Voice acting
Animations are amazing
Driving (realistic mode)
Gunplay
Soundtrack

The bad:
Removed tons of TECHNOLOGY that made previous Mafia games so good
Repetitive as fuck core gameplay
Buggy
Looks like muddy blurry shit without Reshade

They still have great writers and they could have made a really good game if they sticked with the previous Mafia game concepts but yeah, I couldn't even finish it because it's so fucking repetitive.
>>
>>387501637
I like it as settings goes, it's pretty original.
But, mafia games shined with technology and attention to details. Mafia 3 is as far from it as possible, just generic tps with cars, nothing that will be remembered for years, except setting itself.
Also, bugs.
>>
>>387501637
It wasn't Illusion Softworks (fuck you, 2K Czech) developing it and Vávra (writer of the first two) was not involved in any way. Thank you based Czechs for two great games and cult classics. This is what happens when you hand a franchise over to diversity-hired Amerifats.
>>
Rod left for Gears.
>>
Bought it used 2 weeks ago and havent touched it for 1 and a half.
Clouds obscuring the sun in itself wouldve been technology instead though the shadow rubberbands back and forth infront of the nigger protagonist being such an eyesore I cant put up with.
>>
I liked it. Relaxing easy gameplay. Shooting and driving were done well. Nice story telling, but too much side kahntent and stupid nignog pandering. Loved dlcs too. And ost was over the top.
>>
>>387503375
>>387501760
/thread
>>
What killed it for me was the repetitive as fuck gameplay.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.