[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: SFVDS.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SFVDS.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
So now that there is the capcom publisher weekend on steam. I am considering getting SFV. I've read some of the steam reviews and i know a lot of the elitists say the game is shit.

I'd like to summon the rational voices in here to start a discussion about SFV. I've also just seen USFIV is 75% off. Should i get that one instead? I'd really like to play a SF game, since i currently don't own any at all. Are the rumours about Super Street Fighter V believable?
>>
>>387498345
Half the stages and half the characters are DLC and hidden behind a paywall unless you grind forever to unlock them with fight money. Just wait until capcom releases the Super edition and just play usf4 for now.
>>
>>387498345
Get both. And the character pass for sfv while it's half off. I don't play enough to get enough fight money.
>>
>>387498345
Again? Didn't Capcom just have a sale?
>>
>>387500330
i think that's what i'll do. The seemingly only pro that V has over iv is the large playerbase. I never liked online play too much, so that doesnt concern me.
>>
>>387500784
not too recently
>>
>>387498345
SFV is a shit game. Its a playable shit game but not a good choice when GG KOF and Tekken are all back. Yeah you get smaller player bases but with Tekken on PC atleast you'll have matches all the time. GG/KOF are far far far smaller on PC even if they're amazing the games it hurts them its better to get invested in them on console.

If you don't care about depth and most likely won't put a shit ton of time into the game and will only be decent then i guess SFVs flaws are alot less glaring. But the lack of a strong neutral , still 4f above average delay and linear play styles of a majority of the cast and linear design of the games style make it a bore.
>>
>>387500824
good choice
>>
>>387501029
i don't think i'll be able to spend a massive amount of time on it, but i certainly care about depth. I'll avoid SFV for now.
>>
>>387498345
Everyone can parry super art with smashing buttons now. Skillgap immensely reduced. Game killed for anyone but casuals.
>>
tekken 7 is amazing
>>
Super Street Fighter V will be called SFVG and will have a new defense mechanic. Also the leaked season 3 is true.
>>
>>387502902
That's with Ryu only and Ryu is junk in this game.
>>
>>387503408
what could they realistically add as a defense mechanic? people don't really often think about it, but offense in this game is super linear too, so any strong defensive mechanic could also quickly develop the game into a turtlefest.
>>
>>387503408
>new defense mechanic
I think the only one I'd like would be a way to cancel out of vtrigger blockstun. Other than that, fuck no. Lord knows we don't need more idiots backdashing out of shit, especially with slow and stubby sweeps
>>
>>387500330
>grind forever
>get at least 600,000 FM (enough for 6 DLC characters) just from playing the single-player content
>can cheat to clear the unreasonable Hard/Extreme Survival for an extra 5 or 6 characters
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>387503483
>defending this bsgame
Ask the pros. Thry get paid to play it and still openly call it shit.
If a mediocore black player from america beats daigo you know somethings wrong with a fighting game.
>>
>>387503735
>needing anyone but Balrog and Abigail
lol
>>
>>387504118
So buy those and don't even bother doing all the singleplayer stuff?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.