[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that this still hasn't gotten an update.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 193flwg48g9msjpg[1].jpg (87KB, 800x424px) Image search: [Google]
193flwg48g9msjpg[1].jpg
87KB, 800x424px
>>
why did you remind me
>>
>>387495629
Woolay never wanted to release the game in the first place but was pressured to do so. If you look at his twitter he's still working on it alone
>>
never
e
v
e
r
>>
>>387495785
I thought his gf was helping too
>>
>>387496007
from what I hear they broke up
>>
>>387495629
Fucking bastard got me for $15

The thing I am most pissed off about is how he threw away a golden ticket. For a few weeks he was the hottest shit alive in the gaming world as far as minecraft clones go. Tens of thousands of people begging for the chain to preorder and get the beta. Does he take that huge influx of cash and hire more programmers and keep his customers updated? No he vanishes for weeks at a time and tries to finish the game alone. Dipshit could have been rich off this.
>>
>>387496328
>for weeks
For years you mean
at least we know he's working on it
>>
>>387495629
I cannot wait for another classic sandbox to be released in 2030 that is reminiscent of ones found in the early 2010's.

That last tweet is pretty cool though, item-activated dungeon entrances. Someone should totally steal his ideas but the world is actually sandbox, such that a clan can take over an artifact-activated dungeon and truly make it their own. Cube world will never let you modify terrain in a way minecraft or other games can unless he releases server commands, in which case it will be very clunky and never natural-feeling
>>
>>387495785
You can't use "pressured" as an excuse when you're willing to charge people for the product
Glad I pirated this waste of space
>>
>>387496328
>Dipshit could have been rich off this.
he did get rich off it.
>>
>>387496580
I mean more rich. He got a one time payday when he could be making money for years.
>>
File: wife.png (166KB, 904x315px) Image search: [Google]
wife.png
166KB, 904x315px
>>387496007
>>387496096

What's up with wives divorcing lazy but wealthy devs?
>>
>>387496841
They can get a sizable chunk of the wealth and still go on to be with someone better.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she thought the same as everyone else does. That the guy has a golden ticket and basically tossed it in the garbage.

Could have been making a mint and instead they settled for whatever they got at the start and likely won't get any more.
>>
>>387495629
I am oddly still playing this on and off. It's a great game to play while listening to audiobooks. Such a shame it's dead it could have been incredible.
>>
I bought it during that brief period of time he was selling it. And I enjoyed the fuck out of it for awhile. Especially pre archer flying bug fix.
Fuck, I hope he's still working on it though.
>>
>>387497992
he is
check his twitter
>>
Pay for one copy. Give it to 3 other friends, enjoy 4 player exploration for a few days. Wurth.
>>
>>387496407
I was always a bit confused why he created Voxel terrain and then never allowed it to be damaged beyond the first layer. If you could tunnel with bombs into dungeons it would be marvelous.
>>
>>387498618
Probably to prevent stuff like that.

One big problem that kinda comes with being able to build/manipulate environments at will is it makes it way easier to cheese. Think of how much harder any sandbox game like minecraft would be if you couldn't just build dirt bridges across stuff or couldn't dig and had to go through caves to find everything you needed.

Not only does it make things harder, but it also puts a bigger emphasis on movement abilities and finding stuff.
>>
File: v13 update neverever.png (471KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
v13 update neverever.png
471KB, 1024x679px
>>387495629
>>
>>387495629
Reminder that Super Deepthroat hasn't either
>>
>>387498884
https://mega.nz/#!YOhyWR7Q!OEziEBcLX-lNtbskMljiItJtp_yZNUVBi4Zb6z7lmfM

SS v13 (bugtest version)
>>
>>387499013
Aw man I was really waiting for Super Deepthroat
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.