[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALMOND STATUS: ACTIVATED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Do you think capcom are putting off the free DLC for RESIDENT EVIL 7 because it forces people to keep hold of it and wait nearly a year instead of destroying the game in a week and then trading it in and someone else buying it 2nd hand thus robbing capcom of a sale?

is this a new tactic that will get traction? stop people from selling games on becuase they will keep you dangling with "free DLC" which you will want because the fucking stories conclusion is in it?

thoughts?
>>
>free dlc is now a jewish ploy
this time you've fucking lost it, anon
>>
>>387495597
leaving you hanging for nearly a year so you dont sell it on thus forcing others to buy the game new thus increasing overall capcom sales

its not jewish but its a good trick
>>
>>387496783
They're going to be making the same total amount of sales either way, I don't think 'hanging on to a game' matters as much as selling a copy at all and moving on to selling another.

You're fucking daft if you put any more energy into that conspiracy theory of yours.
>>
>>387498427
capcom dont make money from secondary sales such as pawn shops or the used games section of GAME or whatever

capcom only makes money in digital download or 1st sales..ie at wallmart or gamestop etc

how do they make a cut of a sale if its sold second hand in johnnys pawn shop?

they dont,thus they stop people from reselling it by dangling the free DLC long after the game has been played to death to make less used copies in circulation thus anyone wanting to buy the game will be forced more likely to buy it new

the theory is sound
>>
>>387499741
It's not because it delays them selling the DLC and it has no overall effect on how much money Capcom makes off of initial sales. You're just grasping for conspiracies
>>
>>387495501
They probably decided to turn it into a stand-alone game. Either that or it's just going to be RE8.
>>
>>387500026
not an argument
>>387500296
nah they said "it hasnt reached our expectation so we are delaying it"
>>
File: Updated shitpost.png (3MB, 2871x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Updated shitpost.png
3MB, 2871x1632px
Probably never coming at this rate, and if it does come, it'll probably be poorly designed shit, as every section in the game that wasn't ripped from the first game was
>>
>>387500646
Absolitely an argument. Every day that dlc isn't for sale is a day Capcom is not making profit from it. It doesn't make any sense to intentionally make a lot less money in the hopes everybody is forced to go buy a new copy when you finally release, instead of going "oh that DLC finally came out? Who gives a shit?"

I don't think your theory makes sense from a fiscal standpoint.
>>
>>387501357
everyday they delay is another day it collects dust on the original buyers shelf instead of the 2nd hand shelf at gamestop
>>
>>387501741
Every day is another day their profits aren't being boosted by a DLC. You're thinking like a conspiracy theorist not a businessman, they're all think inline businessmen I promise you. If a DLC is taking way longer than you'd hope it's because Capcom development cycles are messy, not because some overarching goyim is trying to strain money out of you in the most convoluted, shot in the dark way possible.
>>
Deterring trade-ins is the main reason DLC exists, many developers have admitted it, it's not a conspiracy. Cutting content for delayed free DLC is a relatively new thing, though. We're probably not too far away from 'buy the game now, play the rest in 6 months'.
>>
>>387502713
DLC exists as a way to continue making money developing a game and prolong a games money-making capabilities, I'd love to see the interview where they're trying to leverage people by not releasing something, if that's the case, OP has a strong point but that's legit the least effective way to try and shepherd your market
>>
>>387502713

Buy the demo, play the full game minus DLC in a year.
>>
>>387501121
>fucking dogshit tier
>sheva
I want to strangle you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.