[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this actually that bad of a game or is everyone just exaggerating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 25

File: ff13.jpg (76KB, 799x635px) Image search: [Google]
ff13.jpg
76KB, 799x635px
Is this actually that bad of a game or is everyone just exaggerating?
>>
>>387493003
You know how nostalgiafaggots are. If it's not exactly identical to the first 2 games, it's shit.
>>
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>387493003
Its not bad but its not worth playing to completion either
>>
>>387493003
I liked it, but it's definitely not as complex as 1-12.
>>
It's a good game. People had too high expectations
>>
>>387493003
It's an average-good game on its own
>>
I didn't mind the story, 12 was better imo
>>
>>387493524
I find 13's story better if only because it's actually finished.
12 has half a game worth of cut content that never resurfaced in any way, 13's cut content became 13-2.
>>
File: 778III.png (175KB, 584x392px) Image search: [Google]
778III.png
175KB, 584x392px
Snow was hot as fuck
>>
File: ff13.png (2MB, 2090x1938px) Image search: [Google]
ff13.png
2MB, 2090x1938px
>>387493003
The game is primarily focused on the storytelling, which affects the gameplay by limiting your options and forcing your teams until late game.

If you like story based games and gorgeous CGI cutscenes, then it's a top tier game. If you want heavy emphasis on gameplay and having a lot of stuff to do, you will say that this is the worst FF in the series.

Personally, I loved it.
>>
It's decent, XIII-2 and Lightning returns were better though.
>>
All the 13 games are shit. Skip them.
>>
>>387493003
i thought it sucked balls and i liked every other FF game at least a little bit. XIII is probably the worst game that i actually finished
>>
>>387493003
The dialogue is Tommy Wiseau tier.
>>
File: 1502832485559.jpg (26KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
1502832485559.jpg
26KB, 500x442px
Constant difficulty spikes. Seriously did ANYONE play through orphan's cradle normally opposed to running past almost everything?
>>
>>387493003
It was okay. Vanille and Hope can fuck off though.
>>
it's bad, you can use your time for far better jRPGs
>>
>>387493003
they're exaggerating, it's not a masterpiece but it's definitely worth a playthrough, LR was GOAT
>>
>>387494487
never had a problem with anything in the main game, outside of getting OHKOed by Orphan phase one but that's just RNG
>>
>>387493003
the first 15 hours are very linear and can force those used to traditional FF games like myself to quit before the game really starts to pick up.

my opinion on the game is that by the end of the adventure you really start to connect with the characters as the plot line comes to an end but it takes a lot of grinding to get there but was ultimately worth it even if frustrating at times.

I hated FF 13-2 though and lighting returns was mediocre af.
>>
>>387494487
What difficulty spikes? I can't think of any main fight that would be problematic if you actually took time to have at least one acceptable SEN/MED paradigm.
>>
>>387493003
I found it boring, none of the characters were doing it for me, and I don't even think I made it half-way through before growing bored of it and putting it down.
>>
>>387493003
To me it was.
It really took out what made final fantasy Final fantasy, by making the game cut scene after cutscene, no chances to explore towns or really explore where you were.
This was a layman's Final Fantasy. This was for people who like visual novels and limited game play and customization.
Not to mention the characters were awful.
There could have been one thing that may have saved this game and it's with hope.
Hope has a dramatic scene with snow, hope blaming snow for his mother's death and snow just taking it. Instead of just moving from there, we see hope just start loosing it on snow until he starts yelling how he fucked up. Hope then starts blaming himself for his mom's death because he knows deep down he didn't take the gun. He didn't man up and he fucked up, snow punches hope saying you can't do that to yourself, you are still young and that's too much to bare, I can handle your hate for you, that's why I'm still here. Snow pretty much points out that he allows lightning and hope to use him as a punching bag so they can hang in there. His idiot behavior was one that was holding a noble burden.
BUT NO, WE GOT A BITCH WHO BLAMES A DOPE FOR WHAT A SEMI OMNIPOTENT GOD DOES, A PUSSY OF A KID WHO PUSHES HIS MOM'S DEATH ON SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE HE WAS TOO CHICKEN SHIT TO GRAB A GUN AND A CAST OF CHARACTERS THAT ARE SLIGHTLY MEMORABLE.
13 was a bunch of bad decisions.
>>
At least everyone can agree that the XIII trilogy soundtrack is god tier.
>>
File: ライトさん.jpg (385KB, 592x764px) Image search: [Google]
ライトさん.jpg
385KB, 592x764px
I love lighning and her game
cud never make run 13-2 on potato and gave up
>>
>>387493003
Its a good game when the world opens up. Its just getting to the good part thats the fucking problem.
>>
>>387495009
it's ok at best, most other FF games have better OSTs
>>
File: ff13 chocobo pulse.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ff13 chocobo pulse.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>387493003
>Is this actually that bad of a game or is everyone just exaggerating?
I've recently told this same thing, but it really isn't as bad as people say.
I personally picked it up for dirt cheap couple years ago, despite having heard all sorts of shit about it.

The BEGINNING really didn't even try to prove all the bad claims about it wrong, but luckily, to my own surprise as well, the more I played, the more entertaining and hooking it became. It's not GOTYAY or best JRPG ever in any sense, but it's FAR from the "worst crap ever" -category. A solid 7/10 experience IMO.

The sequels fixed, expanded and improved many things, especially pacing and gameplay. Up to you whether you like the direction they went with the plot and cast, but they're not hideous either. I found especially LR to be total blast, easily my 2014's GOTY. The 13-2 was simply fun, easily 8/10 at least.
>>
>>387495227
>it's ok at best
No, it's superb. Literally the cream on the top in the entire series' scale. And trust me, I've played practically all of them, even the shitty GB's Adventure titles.
>>
File: panda-opt.gif (1MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
panda-opt.gif
1MB, 320x218px
>let's take ffx and remove most of the things people liked about it.
>>
It's a 4/10 game and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>387493003
I love its artstyle, music, battle system, stats animations, I even like the characters, except for snow... BUT

The story and linearity ruined the game.
>>
>>387495487
They designed snow for girls and teenagers to hate because he had an uplifting personality.
>>
>>387495487
>The story and linearity ruined the game
Whats wrong with the story? I found it + the world and lore to be one of the most fascinating things about the game. Combined with all the other stuff you said, it was all around an entertaining ride.
>>
>>387495424
And for X
>take out things that everyone liked about final fantasy
It was downhill from there
>>
JUST below average game. And Squeenix needs to never make a sequel to a FF game again, let alone double down and make a third steaming piece of shit.
>>
>>387495593
O places to explore and learn about cacoon and it's world other than cut scenes with poorly written exposition.
>>
>>387495697
No*
>>
The story was fucking terrible,some characters were annoying as shit, combat was mediocre aside some interesting fights in "end-game".
Worst FF I've played and I 100% XIII. It just isn't that great of a game. Also the very reason I haven't bought any of the never games.
>>
>>387493049
You are telling me people kinda enjoying now FFXIII is not nostalgia? That game is actual thrash.
>>
>>387493003
13 was a game that took style over substance. To a point that style would make Andy Warhol say "that's just retarded"
>>
Story isn't bad but is relegated entirely to cutscenes because there's no downtime, as the game is practically a 40+ hour chase scene

Combat is good but simple, basically a rhythm game but you just repeat the same two- three beats every time you paradigm shift

The voice acting direction is fucking awful though and vanille is literally ear cancer
>>
>>387495576
What do you mean?

Lighting is cute, that's why I like her, but the only really good character was Sazs. He is the only one that takes actions that makes sense.

But I'm okay with the characters.
>>
>>387495593
Confusing story, no exploration, poor expostiion of the story ( you have to read log entries to understand it ), you can't mix the team...
>>
>>387496134
>Confusing story
>poor expostiion of the story ( you have to read log entries to understand it
I still don't get this claim. I never once opened the encyclopedia thing, and I got most of it just fine. You just gotta keep your eyes and ears open, since quite a lot of important stuff is either told environmentally, or even brought up in random chatter the characters babble when running around.
>>
>>387493003
Yep. It's a 3/10 game at most.
>>
>>387496091
>Lighting is cute, that's why I like her, but the only really good character was Sazs. He is the only one that takes actions that makes sense.
If you like violent loners that blame all their problems on something else, then I can see why you like lightning.
The characters were everything that is wrong with a teenager mentality. Lightning: acts like a moody loner blames everything on some one else for shit they can't control
Hope: the pussy teenager who blames his ineptness and is over critical on the strong guy who tries to keep things positive, and uses "you can't understand how I feel" excuse to be a little rat bastard instead of taking charge for himself.
Snow: happy go lucky idot with a strong sense of justice, is hated by most fans because he's not a brooding sack of shit. How do I know this? When people talk about snow, they say he gets better in the 3rd game because he acts like a brooding edge lord like the fans.
Sahz:decent character his kid was adorable and his motives were just and a very forgiving dude
Vanille: air head, but happy go lucky too. Basically I had these 3 my main party when I could.
Fang: kind of a throw away lesbian, given buhamut to give her more meaning to the story.
In the end when these characters are given a chance for redemption they double down on their original character types and learn nothing. Basically the plot just shows them being a terrible character is good because fuck analysing my selfdestructive behavior and learning from it, it's the world's fault for being who I am.
>>
FFXIII is the core example of how to NOT make a game.
I should be a case study for every wannabe game developer/director/professional. It's that bad.
>>
File: 1358427478358.png (1017KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1358427478358.png
1017KB, 848x900px
>>387493003
It is complete fucking trash both gameplay and story wise. Anyone who tells you otherwise is functionally retarded.

>hmmmm if we kill the final boss the world will end.
>fuck it lets do it anyway
>OH NO COCOON IS FALLING HOW COULD WE HAVE EXPECTED THIS TO HAPPEN
>oh but it's okay because deus ex machina

Gameplay isn't much better and outside of a few specific bosses, consists of watching the game play itself and switching between one of three general party compositions.
>>
>>387496709
>>387496743
On the contrary.
It sure as hell was way more fun to play than the total snore-fest that was XII, which I never finished for obvious reasons.
>>
>>387494785
Personally the only difficultyu spike would be barthandelus 1, but again it's just a matter of preparation and setup
>>
>>387496826
Don't even start. I'm not even comparing it to Final Fantasies. It's a bad videogame in general.
It's just a complete fucking mess, wrong in all levels.
>>
>>387496902
You seem to be upset.
>>
>>387496902
It has very fine visuals, soundtrack, world, cast, and fun gameplay. That's already many positives.
>>
>>387496503
That's the thing you shouldn't have to do that for the main plot line and important exposition, they just throw out random made up words with out any logic behind it, if they were going to do that, might as well not be in engish or japanese or what ever at all to begin with.
Use real words to convey your story or use better descriptions to explain what they do, like L'Cie saying that they provide everything isn't sufficient information. Factories provide energy too but we don't call them demi gods.
Not only that the imagery was really fucked up because everything was so over stylized, like in the begining the only time you can differentiate the Lcie with everything else is when the L Cie is in front of a duller background. There is no focal point so you are left going what the flying fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>387493003
The best Final Fantasy
>best waifu
>god tier graphics
>on pc
I don't care for the old school cucks who are trying to defend their shit tier looking game. Read a book for fucks sake if you are only in for the story and don't care for the graphics
>>
>>387496902
>>387496743
I like you
>>
>>387496826
>play
You just enjoy watching it
>>
>>387496686
I'm still wondering if Lightning is as legitimately popular as Square seems to make her out to be. Maybe it's a Japanese thing?
>>
>>387495356
Are you me
>>
13 is dull, boring and cringy.

13-2 and 13-3 are both decent games though.
>>
>>387496979
You should take your own advice and stop reading tween books.
>>
"Oh no, we must fight the LCiee because we are the MacGciee and leave Cocoon to save ourself from becoming Falciee."

This go on for 25 hours. You don't know what the fuck is a Cocoon, what the hell this faggotCiees are and you are still receiving poppup tutorial messages.
>>
>>387496826
I didn't even bring up XII and didn't finish it myself, but at least in XII you can boot it up and go
>Maybe I'll work on the main quest today
>Or go on some hunts
>Or see if there are any side quests in the many towns
>Or try to get some better equipment for my party

XIII you have
>Maybe I'll keep grinding down the hallway today
>Or MAYBE do a faceless side quest if I happen to be on Gran Pulse.

Gambits are also objectively better than the paradigm system.
>>
File: ff13 PC sazh & vanille combat.jpg (579KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ff13 PC sazh & vanille combat.jpg
579KB, 1920x1080px
>>387497012
>You just enjoy watching it
No. I enjoy PLAYING it.
>>
>>387497390
XII is just a generic MMO made into offline SP game. There's a good reason I don't play WoW and shit: I don't want my game to feel like work with no goal. Not to mention the ""gameplay"" was fucking monotonous, and the cast + writing from arse.
>>
>>387496686
Lightning is focused on reality and completing her goals in a practical way, without letting emotions get to her - she is military trained after all.
Snow on the other hand also wants to complete whatever goal he sets, but he is overly optimistic, cheerful. He cares deeply about other people and will go out of his way for them.

You can clearly see the similarity and differences between these two characters in the whole trilogy
>>
File: XIII-2.jpg (70KB, 438x960px) Image search: [Google]
XIII-2.jpg
70KB, 438x960px
>>387496979
> Read a book for fucks sake if you are only in for the story and don't care for the graphics
>god tier graphics
>best waifu
Play a visual novel for fucks sake if you are only in it for the visuals, shitty waifus and don't care about gameplay.
>>
>>387497360
>This go on for 25 hours. You don't know what the fuck is a Cocoon, what the hell this faggotCiees are and you are still receiving poppup tutorial messages.
Not only that you don't know where on cacoon you are at. Idiots like this fag here>>387496979
thinks liking a movie game is equivalent to reading book. When obviously it breaks the rules of story telling and exposition all together and reads like a bad fanfiction.

>>387497089
Being a bitch means stronk woman apperently. Japanese are pretty held back so when it comes to strong woman the think a total cunt.
>>
>>387497494
yeah XII isn't great, but it's has a significantly deeper combat system and at least the characters didn't attempt to kill millions for their own selfish reasons and then pretend to be the good guys.
>>
>>387497439
Sure auto play with that could do the job for you. No matter how intuitive you think the system is, you have to go put of your way to make it that way instead of making you play it that way. Just auto and switch classes when ready.
>>
>>387497540
Lightning also uses that personality to blame shit on others, which isn't military, her issue is that if you don't think like her you are in her way.
>>
>>387497614
>>387497360
Even if you understand the plot and setting it pretty much boils down to a bunch of retards actively decide to walk into the big bad evil guy's trap after said evil guy explicitly tells them about the trap MULTIPLE TIMES and then everyone works out because magic.
>>
>>387497572
>that pic
Only Serah is constantly asking about Lightning, and looking for her was the primary reason she went on the journey in the first place, so it's natural she would ask about her.
>>
>>387497841
Well yah magic ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>387497841
If they decided to just sit on Gran Pulse then Cocoon would be doomed anyway.
>>
File: 1388865770053.jpg (6KB, 251x229px) Image search: [Google]
1388865770053.jpg
6KB, 251x229px
>Find a big god being underground basically stuck sifting through human garbage for all eternity.
>Lightning proceeds to shit on it for being a super selfish evil being that's ruining humanity.

Good writing Square.
>>
>>387498010
Mind you square is never really known for good writing, that being said 13 is the worst of it all.
>>
>>387497572
That was a good laugh
>>
>>387498082
Not to mention they've got their heads up their asses and constantly acting like Lightning is this super amazing character
>>
I'll never have the hours i wasted on this game back. Will take this regret with me to the grave.
>>
>>387498169
They did mary sue the fuck out of her, if you wna strong female protags in final fantasy don't go to 13, all of the other final fantasies do it a lot better.
>>
>>387493003
It depends on what you want.

Personally, I want gameplay I can find enjoyment in and characters I can grow to like. This had neither for me.

I disliked combat because the game punishes you for not selecting auto because there is a delay in input queueing. It's only like half a second for 5 actions, but you still have to add the time selecting those actions. It just wasn't for me, really. I also didn't enjoy Dress spheres in FFX-2, so why would I like it done anew?

I didn't like any character, really. I didn't mind Zazh and Fang for the most part, but they really didn't call to me. Lightning is shoved down your throat... HARD, which is annoying for me because she has next to no growth in FF13 itself aside from accepting Snow.

You can play it for story, but be warned that the dialogue is kind of bad.

Also, I don't judge FF13 based on the sequels, just like I don't judge Xenosaga on ep 2 or Mass Effect solely on ME3s ending. They should each be self contained and judge by themselves before being judge collectively.

tl;dr - I didn't like it, but your opinion may vary.
>>
>>387494739
15 hours? I had to spend at least 15 hours of pure shit before going "huh this game ain't too bad" nigga go fuck yourself and your retarded ass game.
>>
>>387496686
Lighting is cute, that's why I like her. She's a cute. That's it.

I don't like Snow because he's a idiot, don't think before act. That's it.

You pretty much nailed it about the characters, and Sahz is the only good one.

As far as I remember, Sahz had a redemption when he's caught, but I can't remember exactly.
>>
>>387498268
Oh I agree. But it's hard to avoid Lightning when they shove her into every goddamn thing they possibly can.
>>
>>387498450
As I played the game, at times it felt like the game should have been about Sahz. Dude just wants to get his son back. That could make for a decent game easily.
>>
>>387497439
That looks sueprsampled, is it?
>>
>>387497360
I lol'd anon, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>dude the game gets good 20 hours in
>mfw i get to the part people say is good
Give me a thousand XV's, Christ. This shit is fucking horrible.
Lightning, Fang, XIII-2 Serah, and Lumina give my dick a bone tho
>>
>>387498567
He was the only reasonable human being in that mess. Like an actual human teleported to the most shitty cliche anime you can think off.
>>
>>387498450
Cute is subjective so fine I'll give that to you
Snow is an idiot but provides comedic relief which is what this game sorley needed to its cringy be serious all the time story.
>>
>>387493003
It is actually that bad of a game

I can't even call it a game actually, the game plays itself
>>
>>387498503
True her cameos is out of control
>>
Why are people recommending this game for the story, it's bat-shit retarded
>>
>>387498839
Because despite how bad it is, that's the main focus of this game.
>>
>>387498839
Uh, what other FF game has better story?
>>
>>387493003
Exaggerated.
I didn't notice the shortcomings on my first playthrough.

The story felt fine, the cutscenes were good and I liked most of the characters.
The dungeon/area design felt "off" but I didn't know why until reading the shitstorm.

The gameplay never really clicked with me; it's just shy of FF12 in being a game that plays itself.

At the end, it's not really a satisfying game conclusion and you don't exactly want more not that the sequels are any good either
>>
File: Noel.jpg (247KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Noel.jpg
247KB, 600x1000px
>Noel and Serah will never bang.
FFXIII-2 was a wild ride and fuck that final boss fight. Even after capping Noel and Serah the boss is a bitch.
>>
File: 1502744760854.jpg (37KB, 600x614px) Image search: [Google]
1502744760854.jpg
37KB, 600x614px
>>387498726
At least he gets his kid and chocobolina in the end
>>
>>387499064
Just pick any.
>>
>>387499115
Like necron the bahamutts didn't really make sense.
>>
>>387499092
It boggles my mind how anyone can find Lightning likable at all. It felt like she was just being an ass to every single person, by the time she changes at all, it's too late to care.
>>
>>387499147
I pick IV. And I'm disappointed.
>>
anyone who likes a game because one of the characters is their fucking waifu is a pathetic loser
>>
>>387499115
I actually like that there was absolutely no romantic tension between these two. They remained faithful all the way.
>>
>>387499259
I liked her.

She's cute
Not flat
Cool hair
Blunt about everything
Sword user
Not a nameless/blank protag
>>
What about this one? It's on sale on PSN right now for 25 dollars. Includes two games.
>>
>>387499475
It's definitely overrated by the fans of it, but has one of the best soundtracks in the series along with a really rewarding Endgame.
$25 seems a bit much though. You can pick it up for cheaper physically I believe.
>>
>>387499458
>not flat
She is a goddamn table
>>
File: Noel & Serah Doujin.jpg (606KB, 1280x1827px) Image search: [Google]
Noel & Serah Doujin.jpg
606KB, 1280x1827px
>>387499372
Square Enix doesn't support NTR or ships.
>>
>>387499458
>Sword user
There it is
>>
>>387499475
I see it for 20 bucks physical at my local Target all the time
>>
>>387499274
Don't be.
>>
File: 1500480881773.gif (221KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
1500480881773.gif
221KB, 320x238px
>>387499458
>Not flat
>>
>>387498567
That'd be pretty interesting, actually.
>>
>>387499458
>not flat

Okay, ya lost me
>>
>>387499550
>>387499689
>>387499851
She's not a titty monster, but she's not flat anons.
Solid B if you've ever seen a real woman.
>>
>>387494785
>SEN/MED
>not SYN/SAB
please kill yourself
>>
>>387499136
>chocobolina
lol

That was fucked up

Chocobocolinaaa
>>
>>387499742
It would be. But Square always have to try and make things way more bigger than they have to be. Everything has to be an epic story involving god beings and such like that.
>>
>>387499689
>>387499962
She's a B, the developers said so, we are just too spoiled by anime titty monsters.
>>
>>387500063
COM/SYN/SAB was my default paradigm though.
But in some fights the enemy strips your buffs and/or deals big aoe or spike damage and SEN/MED lets you easily survive that.
>>
It's a X with better mechanics and presentation, and worse story and characters.

I fucking hate X.
>>
>>387495401
You have bad taste then
>>
>>387500404
What's presentation? I agree with the rest.
>>
>>387500423
Visuals, cutscene directing, polish, UI design and so on. the technical aspects of the game that doesn't include the core mechanics.
>>
>>387500423
Interface, logos, artstyle...
>>
>>387500354
With sazh and vanille you can destroy everything until endgame, as soon as vanille cast the thing that makes enemies weak to elemental damage sazh will cast enfire on you, and you will do 4x damage instantly, very few enemies can counter this effectively, and most of them are post game
>>
>>387500354
just spam sazh blitz
>>
>>387493003
See, I enjoyed FF13 up until a scene around one third into the game where Snow and Fang have a dogfight. The story was great, the battle system was still Final Fantasy, but there it was, this really cool scene of Snow piloting a fighter jet... That I wasn't getting to play.

I had finally started playing FF7 not too long before I started FF13, and the motorcycle scene really stuck with me. If a PS1 Final Fantasy could let me take control of a motorcycle for a break in the grind, why couldn't an XBox 360 game let me play StarFox for a minute? And then I put FF13 down.

It's my theory that all the extra fun stuff that should have made FF13 an all around great game was extracted, condensed, and shot over to Nintendo in the form of FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, which released the same year. That game was only 9 hours long and suffered from being a quick game of one minigame to the next, linked by an admittedly cool story. Just an observation, but I feel both games really have what the other lacks in most aspects.
>>
>>387500859
kamiya please
>>
>>387500404
Does it have better mechanics tho? You spend most of the game Com/Rav/Rav and Sent/Med/Med.
>>
>>387500859
Don't remind me of Crystal Bearers, I fucking hated that game.
>>
>>387500859
>I had finally started playing FF7 not too long before I started FF13, and the motorcycle scene really stuck with me. If a PS1 Final Fantasy could let me take control of a motorcycle for a break in the grind, why couldn't an XBox 360 game let me play StarFox for a minute? And then I put FF13 down.
that's a real fucking good point
and I never even liked those minigames in FF7 but the fact that they put you in control of the action so much more often than other "cinematic" games really is telling
>>
>>387499962
>tiddies
You should point out that you are refering to her bust when you use "flat" (or not "not flat" in this case) to describe Lightning. That adjective is usually reserved for her posterior.
>>
>>387500927
>You spend most of the game Com/Rav/Rav and Sent/Med/Med.
jesus christ /v/
>>
>>387500927
This is the real problem, the game never punishes you for being retarded like this guy
>>
>>387500927
>Sent/Med/Med
>>
>>387500964
are europoors really this retarded?
>>
>>387501045
Nani? Sent/Med/Med is the dedicated "gotta heal up" formation.
>>
>>387494392
Your opinion is shit.
>>
File: 1480085180567.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480085180567.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
I enjoyed it very much. Really liked the combat system, shifting between different paradigm sets. Beat the first game both on PS3 back in the day and on PC again recently. The third game in the trilogy really ramped up the difficulty for some reason.
>>
>>387493003
Great OST, everything else is just kind of okay or meh. Not a terrible game but prior entries did it much better.
>>
-The whole game leading up to Gran Pulse (like 20 hours in) is the most boring thing I have ever played
-The characters have absolutely no personality
-The game keeps spamming terminology at you but never spends any time trying to give you a reason to find it interesting (there's no world building)
-The gameplay is extremely simple and unsatisfying (all you do is change your characters classes on the fly and they auto battle according to that class)
-The quality of the dialogue (both writing and voice acting) is so poorly written, so unintelligent and so cliched, that you want to press the mute button if you hear anybody coming because they'll think you have the mental age of an 8 year old for liking such tripe
-Gran Pulse is slightly more exciting but ultimately it's boring too since you do a lot of battling and the battle system is boring
-Then you're back in the linear corridor till the end of the game
-You never feel a motivated to fight against the villains of whatever since literally nothing of interest happens in the game

I bought this game on launch day 7 and a half years ago and I still feel robbed. I've vowed never to buy a Final Fantasy game again and I'm sticking by it. Fool me once...fool me twice...
>>
>>387500951
>Hating Based Belle's game
>>
>>387501765
Anon I'm sorry, but it was a shit game to me. The only somewhat good thing were the mini-games.
>>
>>387500859
>why couldn't an XBox 360 game let me play StarFox for a minute?
Because 13 was about a fanfic story and neato graphics. Basically 13 does shit ass backwards. Tries to make a complicated plot but forgets to put important details at the right time, hence the data log. And makes a battle system so easy it plays it nearly itself. I mean people point out how good the system is that you can do this or that, but you never ever hAve to. I can go walking but why not make it more complicated with each step I take!
>>
>>387501536
>The characters have absolutely no personality
Well they do they are just 1 dimensionally shitty.
>>
File: .jpg (14KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
14KB, 229x220px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwAN90MKTo
>>
>>387501890
I never played this and I think I missed my chance
>>
>>387493003
Not bad but Lighting is boring and I hate her
>>
File: 1486414622776.png (208KB, 596x315px) Image search: [Google]
1486414622776.png
208KB, 596x315px
>>387502042
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4
>>
>>387501536
You anon, I know your pain, I know it so well!
>>
>>387502228
I love how angry people got about this
>>
I remember being so dissapointed in something I had been looking forward to in years :-(

I knew the soundtrack wouldn't be Uematsu-quality, but fuck it was so bad.
And so was the game. I was bored out of my mind.
>>
>>387502228
SAUCE
>>
>>387493003
In a nut shell:

FF13 -> autobattles
FF13-2 ->autobattles but with more customization
FFLR -> actually some gameplay

everything else is subjective, you may or may not like the story or characters, probably yes if you like FF8,10, probably not if you like the more goofy FF9,7
>>
>>387501536
What this guy said.
I didn't think about scrapping the whole series, but I never bought another final fantasy after this complete waste of time and money.
I assumed everything past 12 would suck, but I'm thinking of trying 15...
>>
>>387502150
You didn't miss out on anything good, so don't worry.
>>
>>387502714
>everything else is subjective
That's debatable the fact there is a data log is proof of that. >>387502714
>>
>>387502738
15 is just as bad but for different reasons. Combat has no depth, the world is huge and empty.
>>
>>387503283
>datalog
did any of you actually read datalog? shit is fucking empty and if you get ANY information from there then you need to get your head out of your own ass and start paying attention
>>
There was a really well thought out a review bt some random guy, I hope you guys can find it cuz I couldnt, he did a real good job pointing out the problems of ff13. He used the Toblerone joke and used ff9 footage to compair games any one know who I'm talking about?
>>
>>387503396
It's very existence is proof they didn't know how to write a proper story and had to add extra info because they forgot to mention it. Don't play the "pay attention" card, they only explain simple shit much later in the game rather when it was introduced. It was a fucking mess.
>>
>>387493003
The story and characters are horrid in a very unique and ridiculous way. The gameplay doesn't begin until almost 15 hours in (the game literally plays itself even if you don't touch anything and is mostly unlosable). Afterwards gameplay is moderately stimulating, althought he idiotic open field at one point is ridiculously overrated: it's just mmo-type "kill X enemies" shit for about 5 hours, after which exploration closes down completely.
>>
I liked it enough to buy it a second time on PC
>>
>>387503590
The only example where they did it right in the game was pointin out the Fal'Cie. That's how you do exposition, not later.
>>
>>387494487
On the one hand, the game is almost unlosable until you completely space out while playing. On the other, the game IS mind-numbing, so I wouldn't be surprised if you just pressed X and occasionally looked at the screen, and bam, some enemies still werne't dead.
>>
>>387503734
Yeah it simply fails at trying something new and only panders to lazy players who just want cutscenes and constant dialogue about nothing important.
>>
>>387494487
Nope I was very strong by the end of that game, but that section right after 1st Barthandelus fight was very difficult for me and I had to skip many fights ending underpowered and needing some grinding in Gran Pulse.
>>387494785
1st Barthandelus fight was the only difficulty spike, because I had to actually use some strategy and not just mash X with occasional paradigm shift, his 1st phase always fucked me; I was not able to finish him off fast enough and soon he was shooting me with max spells, lol.
It was easy with that Nigger, because he had haste.
>>
>>387503813
>panders to lazy players who just want cutscenes and constant dialogue about nothing important.
Be that as it may, even if you're prepared for no exploration and mind-numbing gameplay, cutscenes themselves are insufferable. Characters say the same thing several times ina row, repeat it to each other, and talk like robots about their motivations as if the whole thing was written by someone who's never seen a screenplay in their fucking life.
>>
>>387504014
Right!?
It was like watching inuyasha. Both do the same thing when it comes to repeating themselves, it's like who ever wrote this was afraid we forget what was happening.
>>
>>387493648
How can you fucking say that literally every cutscene in the game is them saying theyre l'cie and they need to complete their focus.
>>
>>387493003
FFXIII isn't complete trash, it actually has great lore and themes only executed very poorly and worsened by a terrible, terrible cast of which the only salvageable chatacter is Fang.

The second game is straight up garbage though, except for Noel.

The third is the worst of them all but it also has the best gameplay.
>>
>>387494198
Shame they execute such a great story so poorly. The terrible characters also made every step of the way a living hell.
>>
>>387504472
I don't see how it was a good story either but still you are on point.
>>
>>387493003
I absolutely hated it. The only reason I was able to finish it was because I was chatting with a friend who was playing the same game the entire time.
>>
>>387493003
I would literally play with actual shit. Arale-style, setting fire on it, etc. Rather than play this boring piece of metaphorical shit. I would do it, I'm not even exaggerating it.
>>
File: IMG_0947.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0947.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>387504927
Neither did I think the story was good until I sat down to read the compendium, the wiki and get a clear grasp of the lore and shit.

It then dawned on me that conceptually FFXIII's story was amazing but that Squeenix had fucking butchered it mercilessly.

XIII could have easily been one of the better FF titles if only they had focused less on the main characters and more in the world around them.

Specially because every character and their dialogue is profoundly retarded.
>>
It's a genuine piece of shit.
>>
Who is the best girl? Vanille or Fang?
>>
>>387498442
Stop talking like a nigger
>>
XIII is the definitive pleb filter.
>>
>>387506638
>L'Cie are distrusted by the populace because they have to do quests for their robot gods or become crystal zombies
>at the end of FFXIII the L'Cie cast destroy Cocoon and force everyone to live on Australia Pulse
>FFXIII-2 opens up with Serah slinging spells everywhere and nobody giving a shit
How could they ruin the only good thing about the game?
>>
>>387504348
>executed very poorly

this is the most retarded thing I have ever read in any game related discussion: PEOPLE UN IRONICALLY CALLING FOR MORE EXPOSITION.
>>
>>387508128
>How could they ruin the only good thing about the game?

that's wrong. also XIII-2 is not canon.
>>
>>387508128
L'Cie are distrusted because the only L'Cie that showed up in Cocoon since Transgression War were the Pulse L'Cie (made by fal'Cie present in Cocoon).
The Pulse guys are evil so people will hate them, not to mention Purge being initiated after this.
>>
The scenery, music, story, and Sazh were all good but everything else including the gameplay was eh. Its a real shame.
>>
>>387493003
I thought the plot and settinf were interesting, but I probably quit 2hrs in. The combat was really boring.
>>
>>387508727
>a nigga that's actually right

Also the only Cocoon l'cie in the game was Cid
>>
>>387508940
>The combat was really boring.

This is plain stupid. ALL ff games has boring combat when it comes to common enemies. XIII had some of the best boss battles tho.
>>
>>387508985
Sazh son was also a Cocoon l"Cie.
>>
>>387502552
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2611490
>>
>>387508419
How is 13 2 not canon?
>>
>>387509049
No, I can't agree.
>>
>>387506638
Sounds like the director was very shitty since he's in charge of that.
>>
>>387507262
vanille.
>>
>>387509407
>How is 13 2 not canon?

I know we use "retarded" lightly but this is indeed a retarded question.
>>
>>387509916
>Sequel isn't really a sequel
>nor does it count
>because I said so
K
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 402x604px
>>387493003
It's odd. I played it all the way through, and didn't mind it. It wasn't great, in some places not even good, but I didn't mind it.

But now, years down the line, I grown to kind of hate the thing. The battle system is completely the opposite of engaging, the story can only happen because all of the main characters are idiots, and for some reason THIS was the Final Fantasy to get two sequels. When I heard that the FF13 universe just outright got deleted at the end of LR, The only thought I could muster was that I was glad it was finally the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 1280x992px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 1280x992px
>>387509049
Oh fuck off, if all FF games had a bad ___ (combat, writing, world) as you fuckers say, why did you buy the game?
>>
>>387510354
Name one FF with a good combat system.
>>
>>387510239
>and for some reason THIS was the Final Fantasy to get two sequels

making games became expensive yo ! they couldn't find an engine for monura's bullshit, so they just kept making XIII games. I don't hate the XIII games but making a sequel, out of a game that has a definitive ending just by saying "lol that ending was all in your head" is one of the most stupid moments in gaming.
>>
>>387493003
The general trend is that newcomers to the series enjoy it and everyone else either hates it or thinks it was average.

It just missed on so many levels in comparison to other FF games. The characters and settings were straight up subpar shit. The story was its only potentially redeeming factor except that it was executed so poorly that you end up playing the game with only a really basic understanding of what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>387510432
Tactics
>>
>>387510239
Yeah, at the time, I thought it was average, and I even viewed XIII-2 as great improvement. Whenever I look back now, the flaws are even more obvious, and I don't think I could even sit down and play either game for more than an hour.

I think the only reason this piece of shit got two sequels is because SE were too proud to realise they created a piece of shit that only newfags liked for some reason.
>>
I enjoyed it. Gran Pulse is cool and the story is actually interesting if you take the time to read the datalogs. Combat takes a long time to get going, but once it does, it's actually pretty intricate. Boss battles are fucking amazing too. Biggest complaint is the Crystarium. It limits you pretty heavily and the upgrades are rather boring.
>>
>>387510586
>The general trend is that newcomers

hipster bullshit. it's only old ff gamers that understood how the characters are meant to be meta takes on known archetypes. take the cool stoic hero, the brave hero, the revenge hero and deconstruct them by saying that non of those qualities that meant something in past entries can help here. it's kinda like the evangelion version of ff.
>>
BARTHANDELUS!
>>
>>387511053
It's sad that glasses girl died early on. She looked like a cool villain.
>>
File: caius.jpg (42KB, 389x330px) Image search: [Google]
caius.jpg
42KB, 389x330px
Caius is the best antagonist.
>>
>>387512259
>Caius is the best antagonist.

Caius, Yeol and Noel would have been great if Square actually did their story as a stand alone game. But trying to make it a sequel of XIII by saying "lol the XIII ending was in your head, here's a sequel" was fucking retarded.
>>
>>387510239
Pretty much the same experience I had. I felt like I was mindlessly playing it at the time, but looking back at it now I feel like I hate everything about the game.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.