[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game as good as the original?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: xcom.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xcom.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
Is this game as good as the original?
>>
its not literally the worst game to ever be made
>>
It's actually good unlike the original
>>
>>387490313
Its as streamlined as you can make the concept without losing the charm, if you are a huge fan of the originals you might hate how little control you have but it's still a great game in its own right
>>
>>387490313
No. It's decent game but it's not anywhere close to originals. I would much more prefer if Firaxis started separate IP instead of using X-Com brand.
>>
>>387490313
You're really limited in tactical options in the new ones, that's really about it. Oh and the destruction sorta sucks.
>>
>Final mission, Temple Ship
>gotta get the Chosen One to the controls
>entire team eats shit and dies in the cluster fuck of an entrance to the bridge
>Chosen One is the sole survivor, now has to sacrifice himself to save Earth
>normally the scene is that he uses his psi powers to force the rest of the squad out of the door and then slam it shut so they have to evac

>hard cuts to a bunch of dead bodies strewn about the entrance
>Chosen One squints like he shit himself, yells 'GO!' at no one
>zooms in on the automatic door "decapitating" one of the bodies as the model clips through

I haven't laughed that hard in years.
>>
The base game's alright, Enemy Within is what made it an actually good game.
>>
Xenonauts is better. Looks worse, but has more depth.
I havent played original XCOM, maybe I should give it a try...
>>
>>387490313
No, but it's flashy and casual so more people can play it.
>>
>>387491558

On Classic Ironman it's harder than 95% of games released back in the day though.
>>
>>387492117
I finished Classic Ironman in 1 and 2.
It's all about getting a good start and not let anyone die in first month, after that the game plays itself.
>>
>>387490313
Fuck no
>>
>>387492216

Good on you big guy, but you're a liar if you claim that wasn't without prior experience and knowledge from the game/series to draw from which invalidates your point. The whole definition of a casual game is that a newcomer can jump in them and do well, which is true for Easy and Normal but for on Classic or Impossible especially on Ironman.
>>
>>387490313
No it is better
XCOM EU and EW brought the style and framework, Long war for EW perfected the tactical risk based gameplay and management
One of the most fun games I ever played
>>
>>387490313
No.
>>
>>387492490
I think that Invisible Inc. is a far more hardcore experience, because of limited random elements.
>>
>>387492807

Could be. That's a different topic though, it's not like any XCOM is the most hardcore game on the planet or anything.
>>
>>387490313
Not UFO Defense no. Apocalypse and Terror from the deep arguable. Still a good game, but does some pretty stupid things that either limit the game or make no sense.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.