[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to emulate Persona 5. As someone who has never played a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

About to emulate Persona 5. As someone who has never played a Persona game but played plenty of JRPGs, is there anything I should know going in? Any plot summaries or "things I wish I knew when I started playing" resources I should check out? Or is it fairly straightforward for newcomers to the series?
>>
>>387483357
I've heard about the social links system in P4. Is that something that will fuck me over if I don't pick all the right dialogue choices?
>>
>>387483401
>>387483357
>>
File: 1450305327103.png (427KB, 690x459px) Image search: [Google]
1450305327103.png
427KB, 690x459px
Just fucking wing it

unless you want to stop every 5 minutes to refer to a guide

also,
>emuation
>>
>>387483357
>emulating
sry anon
>>
>>387483520
>>387483589
Meh. If my i7-7700k and 980 Ti get me consistent 30 fps I'll be fine. Beats dropping money on a PS4 which has about 3 games I'm interested in playing.
>>
>>387483357
If you've never played a persona game and are going to be emulating anyway then why the hell would you start with 5? Start with 2 or 3 and work your way up. I will never understand you people who play games out of release order. The earlier ones run perfectly on emulators.
>>
>>387483759
I was under the assumption that they all have standalone stories. So why not start with the most recent polished iteration?
>>
>>387483759

maybe because Persona 2 and 3 are not as good as 5??

Like would you rather be flying in a modern day commercial aircraft or that first shit plane they managed to get off the ground? Talkin bout dadgum QUALITY man
>>
>>387483687
Anon I thought you were meme'ing but I hope you realize that you cannot emulate a ps4.
>>
>>387484018
Because the quality of life improvements 5 added make going backwards difficult. Just a bunch of little things that will annoy the hell out of you if you play backwards. Playing chronologically fixes this problem completely since you won't know what youre missing.
>>
>>387484264
I'm emulating the PS3 version of course. I'm just saying if I were to go through legal means to play Persona 4 I would definitely get a PS4, not a PS3.
>>
>>387484018
Because 4 (Can't speak for 3, never finished it) is still enjoyable, playing 5 will ruin you if you try to go for 4. Inversely, get used to 4 and 5 will be a real treat
>>
>>387484224
That's completely subjective. I personally prefer 3 to 5 due to numerous reasons. Playing the games out of order makes it harder to appreciate what the older games did. Besides 2-4 still hold up fine only 1 is clunky and outdated.
>>
>>387483357
I'll give you a real answer:
There isn't much you need to know. Social Links, or Confidants as they're called in this game, aren't required to win. Following a guide to get them all will just be a nuisance. If you like it enough and want to see everything, the social stats that are required for some Confidants carry over into New Game +, giving you leeway on maxing every Confidant out. I don't think there's any way to fuck a confidant over, unlike previous games where you could break/reverse them.
The only thing I'd be wary about is the negotiation/hold up system. After you beat a mini-boss in the first dungeon, you'll be given a tutorial on Shadow Personalities. It'll only say that it added it to your tutorial list though instead of actually reading it to you. Make sure you read it, it makes negotiations a LOT better. You'll be able to tell what answers the Shadow wants with that info and seeing their personalities while you're holding them. Some people missed this so make sure you don't ruin the negotiation system for your self.
>>387484018
Some people would say it'd make it harder to go back to the older titles, since they're clunkier, but you could also see it as playing the new game being a better motivation to go back, since you'll know the games are good once you get over their quirks.
>>
Know to enjoy that groovy soundtrack brotha
>>
>>387484405

The first is actually my favorite... I'd probably get pissed off without an emulator to speed things up though since I played the PSX version because of the music.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.