[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a joke, r-right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: gg.jpg (260KB, 1005x644px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
260KB, 1005x644px
This is a joke, r-right?
>>
>>387481287
Capcom.
That's the only answer you need to your question.
>>
>>387481287
Portraying a proper fantasy setting costs too much money, also real world is more relatable.
>>
>>387481458
>real world is more relatable

It's not.
>>
>>387481287
Well /v/? Are you descended from an ancient hero? Will you save us from the monsters?
>>
>>387481287
It's Hollywood continuing to show they have absolutely no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>387481458
There's literally nothing else you could do to make your characters and story feel more detached than by making your story have a clash between fiction and reality.
>>
>>387481287
howslowru? this shit was covered like, 50 threads ago on /mhg/. everyone called it gay and moved on.
>>
>>387481814
>Going to /mhg/
/mhg/ is kill
>>
>not making the movie a fake documentary about various monsters and their habits/habitats

It was fucked from the start.
>>
>>387481458
>real world is more relatable.
Not when it comes to fucking Dragons and men with Great swords fucking up the hunt for everyone.
>>
>>387481458
That's why Lord of the rings BOMBED, right?
>>
>>387481287
its way easier to write a "real world" character react to fantasy stuff, than to actually have a character that lives in and understands the world around him

especially when the makers of the movie don't know shit about the games, and just want an epic dragon fighting movie
>>
>still making video game movies
Why?
Do they even increase sales? Does capcom really think this will increase western brand awareness of monster hunter for world? People don't go to theaters any more, especially for shitty cash in movies that will inevitably have >25% on rotten tomatoes
>>
>>387482657
>People don't go to theaters any more
I did just three days ago bro, went with my gf. shit was so cash.
>>
>>387482835
>Going to the theaters with you gf
More like
>I went to go see the Emoji Movie with my mom
>>
I would rather have the Monster Hunter manga animated even if it's shit than this Americanized trash.
>>
>>387481287
>Expecting anything else from a video game movie adaptation

I bet the actors, directors, crew members and whoever the fuck else works on these movies have probably never touched the source material they're working with and probably just skimmed through the wikipedia article on it.
>>
>>387481287
>for every monster a hero
Don't individual heroes tend to kill lots of monsters in video games theoretically leaving lots of other potential heroes without their monster to kick off their path to herodom? That must suck for those heroes, having their reason for becoming a hero taken out by some other hero.
>>
>>387482905
>Going to the theaters with you gf
More like
>I went to go see the Emoji Movie with my mom
Correction
>I went to the cinemas to go and see Cars 3 with my wifes son
Lol fucking cuckold.
>>
>>387481287
Wasn't there some leaked footage a while ago of two of the series monsters fighting in a shopping mall or some shit?

Why is this a fucking thing?
>>
FUCKING ISEKAI?!
>>
>>387482327
LotR is verbatim satire of reality though, bad example. Warcraft movie is a better example.
>>
Based isekai.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.