[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into patching? I want to translate some games. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1430280123155.png (86KB, 756x574px) Image search: [Google]
1430280123155.png
86KB, 756x574px
How do I get into patching?
I want to translate some games.
I know japanese and have some experience with Java and C++.
How do I learn how how to open up games and change the text and stuff.
>>
Do you take commissions? There's some scat ntr games that need translating.
>>
I have no idea but if you happen to get to it, please consider translating the PS2 version of Flower Sun and Rain?
>>
>>387475695
But it's on the DS in English?
>>
>>387475451
Don't ever post that image again
>>
do it first and then find someone who can/will crack it for you, some engines like kirikiri are often used and easily cracked. and it's easy enough to get someone to give you a hand if you can show you're serious about it. poke around on places like hongfire, they can't into japanese and can barely speak english but they're used to cracking this sort of stuff.
>>
>>387476734
Really like in what?
Like each textbox in excel?
>>
>>387477362
hook text with ITH, ctrl through big chunks of the game, paste into notepad++.

or use ExtractData, but that depends on the vn. do you have one in mind? i might be able to offer some help getting the text out, if not back in.
>>
>>387477604
I didn't just mean VNs but regular games too like untranslated vita or GBA games.
Still I guess I know how to use ITH i used it a few years ago.
>>
>>387476156
yeah but it unironically looks less like shit
>>
>>387477693
ah jesus nevermind then, I dunno that. poke around in the modding/ROM communities? they'd know how to dig through the files at least. shit like that's gonna depend drastically on what system you're doing it for but you already know that i'm sure.
>>
>>387477903
Still thanks I was actually thinking of a few VNs too like some decent ones that would proabably never get translated.
>>
Please even if there is only a slight chance, translate klonoa heroes its been so many years now and the klonoa fandom is not doing it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.