[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking of picking prototype up. Is it any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0982.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0982.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
I was thinking of picking prototype up. Is it any good?
>>
>>387469603
It's a better inFamous.
>>
First one had better core gameplay, flexibility, and story.

Second one had better polish and graphics at the expense of everything else, and is responsible for the developer's bankruptcy from backlash.

I liked both.
>>
The PC port has a max resolution of 1280 x 720 but its fun as fuck, and its fun to see the environment go to shit the more you progress in the story.
>>
>>387470126
IM GONNA SKULL FUCK YOU AND DRAIN THE MEMORIES OUT THE HOLE
>>
>>387469603
The game has shit controls and a terrible PC port that can't maintain 60 FPS

If it had stable framerate, good controls and a lot more good content like Red Faction Guerrilla it could have been a classic of the previous generation but somehow they managed to make GTA with powers boring and annoying.
>>
>>387470126
This is pretty accurate. Don't let the negatives of the second one turn you off though, running around the city slicing through hordes of zombie things is some of the most fun I've had in a video game.
>>
>>387469603
A game with an actual character arc. It's nice. You grow to really like the main character. 2nd was such a fucking let down I dont fucking get it.
>>
I likedit. Gets less fun when the entire city is fucked up and you are only destroying shit were everything has already gone to shit.
>>
It's Hulk Ultimate Destruction 1.5 Edgy Edition

fun mindless game with a conspiracy web story gimmick that's kinda nifty

Saints Row 4 ripped it's gameplay off hard
>>
yes but beat it then play in uninfected ny

>become solider
>accuse his friend of being the monster
>gun him down

pretty good m8
>>
>>387469603
Actually is pretty good.
Prototype 2 is where it's worse but easily made extra fun by being wholly stupid and playing music like Diddy Kong Racing to it.
>>
>>387469603
prototype 1 is edgy anti hero simulator
prototype 2 is edgy be biggest asshole from the bloxx simulator
>>
Great mindless fun, but not perfect. Beyond dicking around with superpowers there isn't much the game itself provides that'll be fun since all missions are either 'Kill X thing" Blow Up X Building" or "Run/Fly through X Rings". That said the actual tools the game gives you are varied and enjoyable enough that you can make your own fun.

For example, some of the most fun I have playing with this game is to just randomly eat and disguise as a Soldier then go to one of the infected area's and fight the insane horde of enemies along side other soldiers who think I'm one of them only using guns. Autistic? Possibly, but it shows the sort of wacky dumb shit you can do.
>>
>>387475156
>randomly eat and disguise as a Soldier then go to one of the infected area's and fight the insane horde of enemies along side other soldiers
I loved doing this shit. Nothing's better than feeling like a super soldier duking it out with monsters to help your bros.
>>
>>387470404
The weird thing is the PC port is only stuck at that max resolution if your card has more than a gig of vram because it can't detect the rest and thinks your card is shit. I was able to run it 1080 60fps with no drops on a GTX 480 but since I've upgraded my card it runs like trash.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.