[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it all go so wrong for Xbox?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0042.jpg (270KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.jpg
270KB, 1080x607px
Where did it all go so wrong for Xbox?
>>
>>387459062
Mid-way through the 360's lifespan when they stopped actually funding games and went all-in with Kinect shit. It's something that the Xbox brand never really recovered from.

Remember, in the space of a few years, we went from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4

to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI
>>
>>387459062
Kinect.
343 being put in charge of Halo.
>>
>>387459062
why does EA just let everything flop?
>>
Kinect
>>
File: pirates_legend_black_kat_pal.jpg (690KB, 3220x2145px) Image search: [Google]
pirates_legend_black_kat_pal.jpg
690KB, 3220x2145px
>>387459062
I've been buying and playing alot of og xbox games this summer. 6th gen is honestly the best generation of gaming imo. Both ps3 and 360 suffered a bad fate in 7th gen. 8th gen is completely to meh despite me not being a pc fag.
>>
>>387459062
You are missing a ton of other games.

>morrowind
>fable tlc
>halo ce
>halo 2
>splinter cell
>splinter cell pandora tomorrow
>splinter cell chaos theory
>splinter cell double agent
>mech assault
>mech assault 2
>ninja gaiden black
>crimson skies

I didn't care much for Mech Assault but others liked it and it was at least decent. Ninja Gaiden Black is pretty much a must own for the Xbox. Halo goes without saying. Splinter Cell is often regarded as best on Xbox. Fable TLC may be easy but it is a great RPG game for its time and very fun to play. Crimson Skies was pretty fun although I never got to beat it.

The 360 had a lot of exclusives originally but in time they proved to be timed exclusives. Shame on them for that.

As for Xbone....lol
>>
>>387459228
Fucking this
And they slowly killed the XBLA by fusing the 2 marketplace into 1, making it impossible to filter out retail games.
Snoopy Flying Ace is still one of the best 360 games I played
>>
>>387459228
>>387459939
Yeah you guys are right. Microsoft's incompetence has led to their downfall.
>>
File: maxresdefault (98).jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (98).jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
>>387459062
Most of the devs that made those game in there have either stop making games, abandoned those franchises, make modern shitty games or fell under. It's not that xbox one is a bad console but devs don't want to make their games exclusive to the console and there is no point to it. Microsoft doesn't even see the profit in publishing exclusives or timed exclusives. Most multiplats play just as good as modern day exclusives. The only people that hype up exclusives are mostly cooperate slaves, fanboys or marketing shills. A game being an exculsive doesn't even automatically make it a good or memorable game.
>>
I don't think it has. I mean, I understand people being upset with the low number of exclusives, but I play my Xbox One every day and I have fun with it. I'm looking forward to Sea of Thieves, OG Xbox backcompat, and for fuck's fucking sake; Splinter Cell Blacklist backwards compatability.

FYI I play Halo, Friday the 13th and Rocket League daily. I just stuck with the Xbox since 2002
>>
>>387460590
I can't wait for OG BC

Sea of thieves currently looks like garbage, I hope they can turn it around

Forza Horizon 4 should be great next year

I hope 343 doesn't fuck up again on Halo 6
>>
>>387460590
Xbone was my only console in the current gen for a little over a year, but it's time to move on. It's okay to accept the fact that the console sucks ass when the only new games you have to look forward to are old ones you've already played.
>>
File: xbox_921.jpg (2MB, 3198x2140px) Image search: [Google]
xbox_921.jpg
2MB, 3198x2140px
>>387460590
Most people that shit on the xbox one are mostly just people who owned a ps4 or is a pc elitist. I never cared about bragging rights or games being "exculsive" to be honest. The og xbox backwards compatibility scene better be good. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't screw this up and convinced publishers/devs to release their games for digital download and make patches for them.

>>387461581
There are still games being released for xbox one whether it be indie, double aa tier and triple AAA tier. Just because sony dominants the marketing rights scene doesn't mean most of the game they market are not own xbox one or pc.
>>
>>387461581
Meanwhile the best selling game on PS4 is crash bandicoot
The xbone is still shit, it's just the every consoles are shadows of what they used to be
>>
>>387461453
>I hope 343 doesn't fuck up again on Halo 6
Not him but I have a feeling Halo 6 will be good this time.
>Master Chief focused
>self-contained story
>split screen
>Lan
>all mp features at launch
>Forge and File Browser at launch
>possible enemy AI in Forge
>black undersuits
>possible removal of the squad-based gameplay due to Frankie stating that 343 are taking a step backward
Let's just hope they don't fuck this up, I'm interested yet cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>387459297
See>>387462559
>>
>>387462559
Oh boy, this fucking copypasta again.
>>
>>387462559
I have no faith in 343 after 3 fuck ups in a row. Can't be disappointed if you expect nothing. Can only be proven right or pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: zdzislaw_beksinski_1983.jpg (44KB, 752x768px) Image search: [Google]
zdzislaw_beksinski_1983.jpg
44KB, 752x768px
>>387459228
Fucking hell my boner back in the day for this shit.

I had fucking been blown away with ninja gaiden 1 (non black, I didn't know) Mechassault 2, JSRF, NARC(guilty pleasure), Halo 1&2 and other games and I was ready to SUCK the dick of anything xbox did.

And for a few years I sure as fuck did, until the darkness came.

Looking at Xbox now just makes me upset.
>>
>OG Xbox backwards compat
>Panzer Dragoon, Crimson Skies, Ninja Gaiden Black, Breakdown to name a few
>No news since, no clue what we might see other than Crimson being shown off.

My Xbone has done nothing fir months, wish they'd speak up already.
>>
>>387459228

>Ninja Gaiden 2 still isn't BC

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
>>
>>387462957
>CEA
>4
>MCC
>5
I'd say four fuckups, not counting the phone games or the cancellation of the megabloks game.
>>
>>387460557
As long as Xbox has an exclusive Panzer Dragoon game I can never hate it that much, those games are masterpieces of art and sound design. If Orta gets ported to PS4 the gloves are coming off for me
>>
>>387459062
When Don Mattrick took over, he brought motion control to the Xbox and canceled almost all of the 360's exclusives to push Kinect. After that, Don created and pushed the Xbox One as an always on entertainment box that's for Kinect, TV, Movies, Shows, and Sports. The other issue is when Phil Spencer took over, Phil did well with killing Kinect and all that entertainment bullshit along with adding Xbox and Xbox 360 BC to the Xbox One but he seems to have an issue with delaying and canceling projects after he gets fans hyped for them. The other problem is the Xbox One's lack of exclusives because Phil keeps putting all Xbox One games on Windows 10 and is now announcing a Windows 10 exclusive while not giving the Xbox One any exclusives. The Xbox One is in a dire need of games, either from First-party studios that Phil needs to build up, from third parties that Microsoft paid to only release the game on the Xbox One, and timed exclusives for the Xbox One because it really doesn't seem like he's doing anything but making the Xbox feel irrelevant.
>>
>>387463281
>>CEA
>>MCC
These two are outsourced though.

>>387462867
It may be copypasta but at least they finally realized that fans want to play Master Chief. Bungie was mad about the fact that nobody liked playing Arbiter in Halo 2 and tried to force people to like their shit games ODST and Reach, even going as far to try to downplay Master Chief when comparing him to their garbage Guardians from Destiny.
>>
>>387463715
>These two are outsourced though.
>343 didn't fail at handling the games because they paid someone else to do their work for them
Fucking 343fags.
>>
>>387459062
>Not funding the Studio who made Fusion Frenzy to make more party games to compete with Mario Retardy
>>
>>387463860
But I'm not, I hate Halo 4's everything that isn't campaign and Halo 5's shitty campaign. If they continued in the direction of Halo 5's campaign and pushing a side character, I would've dropped the franchise.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-17-21-22-07.png (682KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-17-21-22-07.png
682KB, 1440x2560px
>>387463379
It's shame saga never got a xbox port. That game has become unfairly expensive as fuck.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.