[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished the four dungeons. When does this gets good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Zelda.jpg (445KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.jpg
445KB, 2000x1000px
I finished the four dungeons. When does this gets good?
>>
>>387455401

Bump
>>
>>387455401
you got past the part it gets good
>after putting the game disc on
>before leaving the great plateau

that's a downfall from there to the end credits, sorry to bring you the bad news
>>
The moment you exit the Shrine Of Resurrection.
>>
>>387455401
Right off the bat?
I dunno, I've played this for something like 60 hours now, and I've not even been into any "dungeons" yet. Done a few dozen Shrines though, that count?
>>
When you stop rushing the game on easy mode.
>>
>>387455794
it doesn't have a single dungeon in it, even that giant goddess temple was a missed opportunity to make a full length dungeon with puzzles and shit, but it seems they had to cut it short

not even Hyrule Castle counts as a dungeon. It has barely any content within, and not even a single puzzle to solve. You just Revali's Gale straight to the top and that's it, shitty boss fight + credits roll
>>
>>387455861

>hard mode

You wanna tell OP that he will enjoy the game more with the artificial difficulty hard mode?
>>
>>387455401
You have to actually play the game to enjoy it.
>>
>>387456279

Every time I want to play my sword breaks.
>>
>>387456362
There are infinite weapons, anon. I'm sure you'll find some lying around, or if you're not a faggot, take one of a lynel.
>>
>>387456051
>You just Revali's Gale straight to the top and that's it,
I never used that thing even once in the entire game, and there's tons of cool shit in the castle.
The Beasts were fucking great, no idea what people are smoking now.

Still, I'd say the beauty of this game is the way how it can be experienced in so many different ways.

>>387456362
So? Get a new one.
Maybe use a spear? Or bows? Or some unorthodox tricks to deal with foes?
>>
The dungeons are shit along with the bosses, the games strength is exploring the world. Do you guys think future Zelda games will be more like BOTW, or go back to the classic Zelda formula?
>>
>>387456070
How is it artificial? Enemies do more damage and have regen. Guardians are actually deadly. You can't just fight mobs with a wooden spear, no armor, and a wood shield. You need to be equipped and use an armor or attack food boost.
>>
>>387456659
>Classic Zelda formula
there's that term again.
If anything, BotW is THE most classic style there is, as it's based heavily on the LoZ(1).

But anyway, I'm sure there'll be a handful of BotW-likes in the future, again with their own twists.
But I wouldn't count on it, as so far every single main-series' Zelda game has surprised people.
>>
>>387456571

The constant destruction of swords is only there to keep people bussy so they don't realize the combat is shit.
>>
>>387457265
You're acting like Zelda combat was ever anything more than "press a button to swing and then move out of the way".
>>
>>387457265
Nope, the combat is smooth, challenging and simply fun in BotW.

Breaking weapons stops you from becoming completely OP at any point, and helps encourage experimentation and planning ahead.
>>
Played it for the first time last weekend when someone brought over their switch
Honestly it seemed mediocre to me, maybe it appeals to some people but after I got my abilities and fucked with them for about an hour or so I ran out of stuff that seemed interesting
>>
>>387457661
>fucked with them for about an hour or so I ran out of stuff that seemed interesting
so you didn't even leave the "tutorial" area?
wew lad, is this the attention span of GenZ?
>>
>>387455401
When you eject it and put in Splatoon 2
>>
>>387457629

>challenging

Putting an overpowered enemy at the beggining og the game to pretend the game is difficult doesn't mean it is challenging. The final boss is a fucking joke. Throw arrow in this spot to kill a slow as fuck monster to win.
>>
>>387455861
Normal mode is the only valid way to play BOTW.
Master mode punishes you for trying to use environmental damage on enemies so it's automatically garbage.
>>
>>387457794
I played for 8 hours or so
Just because I ran out of interesting things didn't mean I stopped playing
First shrine I hit up gave me an inventory full of 20 to 50 damage weapons and invalidated the reason to fight any of the easier enemies. After that it was just grinding shrines for stamina to get to more shrines or health to maybe survive an extra hit
Some of the shrines were neat but they weren't exactly compelling to me
>>
>>387456932
>BotW is THE most classic style
he said classic zelda formula, not style, which is different from just having an open world like zelda 1. The formula is overworld - dungeon - item - repeat, and while BotW has a great overworld, the dungeons are lackluster and it almost entirely removes the items (runes have a similar function but you get them all at the start)
Even zelda 1 fit the formula better than BotW did, with real dungeons and items used as progression.
>>
>>387456932
>If anything, BotW is THE most classic style there is, as it's based heavily on the LoZ(1).

This "Zelda 1 is equivalent to a modern open world game" meme needs to end. BotW has little in common with the small, tightly designed, Zelda 1; the same Zelda 1 that still has Zelda staples like 8 dungeons and unlockable tools that BotW lacks. BotW has far more in common with a modern Ubisoft game (ignoring quality) than it does with Zelda 1 -- the Zelda 1 comparison is just marketing speak from Nintendo to make it appear like they weren't just following trends.
>>
>>387455401
Protip: That's all of them
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.