[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Itt: bad game memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: darkcloud.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
darkcloud.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>dark cloud 2 is better than dark cloud 1

No it's not, the voices are bad, the storyline is cheesy, and the art direction looks generic for the time compared to DC1
>>
They're both terrible
>>
>>387453465

Dark cloud story wasn't why I played,

Upgrading and fighting all the way.

Dark cloud 2 had much more varied and fun fighting, plus if you like golf..

Really enjoyed turning into monsters also.
>>
All I remember about Dark Cloud 2 is it took a long time to even get to the gameplay.
>>
>>387453508
they're both okay game. Two as more content, but one is still pretty cool to play.
>>
>>387453465
both are shit

how about that?
it makes much more sense
>>
>>387453508
fpbp
>>
Thanks OP. I thought I was the only one, I've thought this for over a decade but nobody seems to see it.
>>
>>387453465
Can you emulate dark cloud perfectly yet?
>>
>>387453465
But the gameplay was better. So, I guess that solves that.
>>
/v/ hates Dark Cloud now? How far you've fallen.
>>
>>387453465
Enjoy your thirst.
>>
>>387453465
>there's not a single criticism about gameplay or combat because you know it's an improvement
Seems like 2's the better game to me
>>
>>387453465
>Dark Cloud 2
>>
>>387453465
>Playing it for the story
>>
>>387453465
Dark Cloud 2 is a much better game mechanically than Dark Cloud 1, for lots of different reasons.
>>
>upgrades
Battle Gameplay
Stackable Items/More inventory
Removal of thirst mechanic
No permanent weapon loss upon break
More freedom in Georama

>downgrades
Atmosphere
Story

>about equal
Music

I like them both, but prefer DC2.
>>
>>387456690
The story in 2 is better. Cheesy and even childish sure, but the story in 1 was almost nonexistent.

I'll give you atmosphere though.
>>
>>387456690
Atmoshpere i can give you, but i'd say both games have it

Story i disagree on, i'm sorry but who the fuck cared the moment they realized the bad guy was some gay ass purple genie. DC2's villain isn't much better, but Flotsam at least is a much better opening threat, as is most of the shit in between
>>
>>387456690
DC1 also had way too many playable characters considering that there were levels that locked you into only playing a certain character for the entire level. Chances are you are only actively using either 1 or 2 characters throughout the game normally, with every other character being massively underleveled in comparison.
>>
>>387457212
And they were barely characters, just vague cliches (Fat guy with hammer, kawaii catgirl who loves the protag, etc)

Terrible, the only good one was the alien thing. At least Monica and the Ridepod were fun to play as, especially the later with it's customization
>>
>>387457523
>kawaii catgirl
>kawaii
I wish.
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (10KB, 520x345px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
10KB, 520x345px
>Still no Dark Cloud 3
I've been avoiding killing myself just waiting for this game to come out.
>>
>bad games memes
Oh I got one.
Custom Robo is a fucking awful mech game and 100% of the nostalgia for it is the customization element and rose-tinted glasses of not knowing better. The controls are really fucking stiff and clunky, the weapon balance is hideous to the point (even ignoring illegal parts) where mashing a single button off of a single hit can win you games where it usually takes upwards of 20 raw hits to kill. It's the Sengoku Basara X of mecha fighters. I'm saying this someone who loved Custom Robo as a teenager.

If you want an actual good mech versus game, go play any of the following instead:
>Virtual On series, even the dogshit ones (Force and MARZ)
>Gundam EX Vs. series
>Armored Core series
>Zone of the Enders
>Garrison Archangel
>ARMS (not actually mechs but very similar gameplay overall)
>>
>>387453465
I don't see how any of that makes DC 1 better, considering 2 has better combat, dungeons, village building, music, and minigames
>>
>>387457860
What would you hope for in a sequel?
I'd personally go for something in between 1 and 2 for the world building. 2 was a bit too much on farming material and was very unforgiving in the end. Oh and I hated searching hours on end on what was missing in a zone only to be revealed later (or not at all) what was to go there. Meanwhile, 1 was so goddamn easy, but it's simplicity was charming if nothing else. A middle ground between the two would be great.

As for combat, I enjoy both, but two did take it a step in the right direction, making blocking an actual part of it.

Weapon upgrad, I liked the first better, but it took way too much XP after some point. as for two, I didn't really like the syntetize mechanic that much since it was permanent one-shot upgrades. Dunno why. I liked the idea of placing gems in my weapon that I could remove before leveling up so that I could upgrade shitier weapon more easily.
>>
File: 1444689150861.jpg (185KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444689150861.jpg
185KB, 600x600px
>>387458651
>I hated searching hours on end on what was missing in a zone only to be revealed later (or not at all) what was to go there.

Thanks for the gun Jurak, this will surely be useful in chapter fucking 6
>>
>>387458651
>Weapon upgrad, I liked the first better, but it took way too much XP after some point. as for two, I didn't really like the syntetize mechanic that much since it was permanent one-shot upgrades. Dunno why. I liked the idea of placing gems in my weapon that I could remove before leveling up so that I could upgrade shitier weapon more easily.
It might not be obvious for someone playing the first time, but you could get way more synth points by end game if you held off on upgrading until your xp rate started to slow down for each weapon rather than upgrading as soon as possible. I don't think the system itself is bad, but it may not have had the right tutorials or explained things thoroughly enough.
>>
>>387458651
Weapon upgrading was better in the second in that you could save up synthesis points if you didn't have the materials you wanted to use on it at the time, whereas in 1 you had to either upgrade immediately or waste ABS.
>>
>>387453508
1 is strictly okay.
2 and Rogue Galaxy are L5's desperate attempts to be relevant without realizing that more =/= better.
>>
>>387459547
>>387459329
That's actually a good point. That I remember liking. Some of my weapons often had like 20 points stored in them just in case I needed to get an insane value on a particular strange stat like beast or smash. that's something I liked when I was trying to discover which ultimate weapon was the best.

>>387459175
Exactly what I meant. That weapon would have been fucking good if you got it in chapter 3 or even 4, but if you don't look at any guide or experiment all possible combination (Which would take literally days), you just won't get it until chapter 6. That's the kind of bullshit I don't want in.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.