[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was that ending?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: [email protected] (49KB, 940x620px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-trick-7-470x310@2x.jpg
49KB, 940x620px
What the fuck was that ending?
>>
The GOAT
>>
>>387447057
pretty good
>>
>>387447129
Really unexpected but also really bullshit
>>
Awesome
>>
>>387447057
It seemed pretty simple to me.
>>
Anal feels good. Even video game deva agree.
>>
>>387447276
How? The rules were clearly defined and well-followed.
>>
>>387447057
>They never said what the fuck was the deal with beauty or whatever her name was.
>>
>>387447057
Missile was best doge
>>
>>387448336
I recently replayed it and I recall there was something that didn't make sense to me at the end.

I can't really remember what but I think it had to do with Missile's long wait. He said that Sissel refused to help him the first time around. So what exactly happened here? Missile was killed by the hitman in Lynne's apartment and became a ghost. Then he went and met Sissel, who decided not to help him.

But then what? How was there a 'first time' in the first place? Missile couldn't go back in time, he said so himself. How could he have waited for the night Sissel died to come back around again?

I must have missed something.
>>
>>387448336
It was a anime style ending. That shit about Sissel being a cat I found it to be kind of an asspull
>>
>>387449167
It's called a 'twist'.
>>
>>387448885
Yomiel was the one who couldn't go back in time dude.
>>
>>387449167
I really liked the game regardless
>>
File: 1488242708473.jpg (92KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1488242708473.jpg
92KB, 410x410px
>>387448842
>Of course! Because that's what doggies do!
>>
>>387449305
I guess I dont really like twists then
>>
>>387449358
Huh. Was that it?
What was Missile's power the first time around then? How did it enable him to try again?
I should just play that part again or something.
>>
>>387449167
How? Does that fact do anything to make any previous parts of the story nonsensical?
>>
>>387449167
How? I didn't feel incredibly strongly about the game, but that is not an asspull at all. It was perfectly hinted at
>>
>>387449574
Not non sensical but the entire story kind of loses its meaning
>>
>>387449167
Wasn't really an asspull in my opinion
It's clear like halfway into the story you weren't actually the person you thought you were and the logic with the cat was very solid
>>
>>387449656
Explain your perspective. What was the meaning it held that was lost after that revelation?
>>
>>387449656
It doesn't lose its meaning, he finds out his identity which the game is all about.
>>
>>387448885
Missile follows Yomiel all the way to the Submarine when Sissel rejected him in Timeline #1. The events play out all the same, and Missile gets to travel back in time because of Yomiel, going back to when he was killed all the way in the past.

He then waits in Timeline #2 for 10 years, when the next Sissel shows up and agrees to help.
>>
>>387449167
They drop hints about it through the game.

>Lynne's ghost accidentally turning into Cabanela because she thought that's who she was.
>Sissel's inability to read
>Sissel's comment about preferring black coats to white ones like Cabanela's
>He remembers liking crawling into small spaces
>Enjoys tormenting that rat throughout the game

>>387449514
He had the same power as he currently does. He just can't travel across phone lines like Sissel can. Which is why Ray is incredibly vague when he's teaching you about it, because he doesn't actually know how you do it.

Missile can travel back in time though. Yomiel was only able to during the last segment by piggybacking off Sissel and Missile.
>>
>>387449167
>I hate the best twist
Nigga it was clearly built up the entire time and especially when you see yomiel up and running around you are like holy fuck what is going on? They could have done a number of completely shitty different results. You being yomiels cat mistakenly thinking yourself to be yomiel was awesome
>>
>>387449583
>It was perfectly hinted at
I dont think that way. All I could think of was that there where several "Sissels" from different times or some shit related to all that time travel mess
>>
File: missile.png (93KB, 1088x393px) Image search: [Google]
missile.png
93KB, 1088x393px
>>387449795
Also, Sissel is the only character to actually agree with Missile's insane logic, which I love
>>
What's Sissel gender?
>>
>>387449748
Forgot to add, Missile gains the power to travel back in time because a person's ghost powers can change, and he gained the time travel powers when jumping into Yomiel's body after following him.

So yes, Old Missile gained time travel in the end.
>>
>>387449748
>>387449795
Right, the phone line thing. I knew that one. When does Missile mention that he can do the time thing?

Also, spoiler tags exist for a reason.
>>
>>387449795
Fair enough. I didnt get it at first
>>
>>387449973
>Also, spoiler tags exist for a reason.
Come on nigga there's one single sentence in the OP and it directly asks about the ending, would anyone seriously expect to not be spoiled by reading the thread
>>
>>387449973
>Spoiling a fucking 7 year old game
He gains "4 minutes rewind" at the end of the first timeline, it was mentioned in game. Thats why he was able to give Sissle the tutorial on his powers, but not the phone travel powers.
>>
>>387449894
I forgot about that.

>Missile makes really funky assumptions based on logic that only makes sense if you don't understand certain basic concepts. Sissel doesn't find any flaws in his logic.

Shit, I need to play this game again.
>>
>>387447057
it was the kino ending.
>>
>>387448885
in an alternate timeline (more like a previous timeline but anyway), missile (ray) dies next to the meteorite fragment in yomiel's body, and gains his powers. he can go back in time but can't use telephone lines. the other missile (current timeline) dies next to the temsik meteorite in the park because of sissel changing "history" (because he saves missile from being killed in the apartment), and gains the swap powers
>>
There's two things I noticed about the ending I never see anyone talk about
1. Wouldn't every living being that dies near Sissel become a ghost too? I like to picture Sissel with his own army of ghost mice that he killed, but it gets kinda scary if you take into account that he's immortal so random unrelated people are bound to die near him.
2. So, uh, at the end, the government still knows about the whole meteor shebang. They're still researching it. This has horrifying implications if they figure it out, which I think they would be bound to. Imagine government manipulators man, imagine immortal soldiers.
>>
>>387450054
My point still stands.

>>387450148
Fine, but there could still be people who haven't played it. No idea why they haven't, but you never know.
That's a bit odd though. That means that his powers changed in a pretty short time frame. I thought it was established that they could change over a much longer time, like Yomiel's.
>>
>>387447057
>"Quick Missile, we need to have to switch the bullet with something less lethal to save Cabanela's life!"
>Switch it with the hard hat
>>
>>387450156
The best one is that Missile thinks it's only logical that Sissel can "walk" through time and he can't, because humans can walk on two legs and he can't, so that's basically the same thing, just different kinds of walking right?
Sissel agrees.
>>
File: 1352653587247.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1352653587247.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>387450407
>Cabanela is saved but his face is now broken
>asks you to restart beacuse he loves his face so much
>>
>>387450358
Okay fine The meteor have a bigger influence of power development since they are the source of it. Old Missle followed Yom, who has a piece of meteor in his heart, and that most likely unlocked the power for Old Missile. More so if at some point, Yom actually noticed Missile after he was backstabbed, and told him to jump into his body to see if that can trigger anything
>>
>>387450656
>you to restart beacuse he loves his face so much
He's Ded mate
>>
>>387450878
i thought he survived but his face got all busted.
>>
>>387450783
Okay, I can buy that.
Was it ever established that the time power let you continue after death? The game doesn't allow it for obvious reasons, but I'm assuming that Missile's power was the same as Sissel's, in which case it would have to be possible to just keep going instead of returning to the present.
>>
>>387451042
I don't think you would survive a hardhat to the face at supersonic speed.
>>
>>387451086
I dont think it was bluntly stated, but since its always referred as "You only have 4 minutes" Then i would imagine that you're still on the 4 minute timer even if you saved the dead person, and would revert back to the present.
>>
>>387451042
Considering it was traveling the same speed as the bullet im pretty sure his head would have been against the wall, but they didnt want to make the game extremely gory or anything
>>
>>387451347
Oh sure, it's always 4 minutes before death. What I mean is, Missile couldn't have waited for years if the power didn't let him continue even after the subject (Yomiel) had died.
>>
>>387451347
Wait im stupid, i just contradicted myself. You can continue to stay even if the person dies, which is how Missile managed to wait for 10 years after jumping
>>
>>387451545
Exactly.
>>
>>387451590
Its probably "You have 4 minutes to decide if you want to continue or revert/undo your changes". Of course, Old Missile didn't have the right powers to save Yomiel in the past, and going back to present Timeline#1 (which was already fucked) was pointless
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.