[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possibly about to purchase The Witcher 3. I need to know any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: the-witcher-3.jpg (461KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-witcher-3.jpg
461KB, 1280x720px
Possibly about to purchase The Witcher 3. I need to know any cons and the reviews fail to show any. Is it really that good?
>>
>>387445906
shut the fuck up
>>
I thought it was boring and I'm gay so...
>>
>>387445906
my personal opinion of it, is that it is overrated.

it's an okay game overall, but not 10/10 perfect
>>
The game is pretty good. One con, if you've played the previous entries, is that potion builds are kinda lame in 3.
>>
you need some mods to make it work
among others, xp on all quests, else you outlevel zones way too fast and make 90% of the quests pointless to do
>>
>>387446305
Doesn't the game have a level scaling option though? This way monsters in low level areas will still pose a threat, or so I heard.
>>
>>387445906
Combat is clunky
Crafting needed a lot more work, once you discover the witcher pieces everything else is obsolete
Novigrad, the 2nd major area, feels like a slog
Graphics were downgraded
Crashes, so save often
Everything is marked with a question mark, so exploration is a "go here" instead of a "where can I go" deal

There are probably others, but I can't remember the rest off the top of my head. All in all though, it's one of my favorite games. Pirate first to get through white orchard and see how it feels.
>>
>>387445906

Witcher 3 will go down as one of the best games this decade; well-made, enjoyable, runs well on most systems under medium settings at least. Gameplay is fun, lore is great, even the side-missions are like small stories more than fetch quests.

I wholeheartedly recommend it. Voice acting is brilliant, character models and environments are beautiful, the music is deliciously atmospheric. It's an engaging world, and you can get lost there for many hours at a time.

Worth the money, moreso when it's on sale.
>>
>>387445906
The Novigrad arc is one of the most painful things i've done in vidya
>>
>>387446698
>xp on all quests
if you outlevel a quest by 1 or 2 levels it gives you basically 0 xp, which makes staying in a zone pointless after doing the first 2-3 quests
the mod makes it so all quests give either 80/90/100% of the xp
another (practically) required mod is the improved trophies mod
normally trophies give either +5% xp or 5% gold
with the mod they're actually interesting and unique
>>
Turn off Mini map and undiscovered POIs to live the organic poor life of a wandering witcher.
>>
Op here. Thanks for your feedback everyone.
>>
Don't turn off mini map because you will be constantly checking the world map for direction like a pleb
Do turn off the bread crumbs tho
>>
>>387447016
>Gameplay is fun
No, it's not. Combat is shallow. If you take any damage at all on this game you're either very bad or got really impatient.

This game is junk but hey got to see a titty though lmao
>>
>>387445906
>Pros
10/10 game in everyway
>Cons
Every game you will play after will feel like absolute garbage.
>>
>>387445906
most negative thing i experienced was that quest rewards (the fucking money) are based on your level. That was extremely immersion breaking in the first levels as you could NOT even buy a HALF fucking chicken to eat for a heroic dead to help a whole village. wtf man
>>
>>387448260
*deed
>>
>Pros
>>Facial Animation
>>Lighting
>Cons
>>Gameplay
>>Writing (Main Quest, particularly)

May as well just read the books in a low light.
>>
>>387445906
blood and wine is objectively the best dlc of the decade
>>
>>387445906
no

it's shit and has terrible combat like all witcher games
>>
It's boring af LOL
>>
>>387445906
It is, the only issue that some of my friends have had is that it is too long, but for me, that's not an issue if you enjoy it especially. My first playthrough with all sidequests was around 102 hours. It was a good game imo.
>>
>>387445906
>I need to know any cons
It's half-book half-game, and half of the book is dedicated to finding the main character of the book, which you are not.
>>
Cons
>Out level everything on Death March difficulty within 10-15 hours of play a la every Edler Scrolls game
>Combat is clunky
>Some graphical glitches (on console at least) where you have to wait for textures/areas to load, think warping into Firelink Shrine in Dark Souls 3.
>Lack of diverse enemies in the later stages of the game compared to the first 2/3

Pros
>Incredibly good story and quests, sidequests are unique and well thought out, can take a good 30 minutes-1hour+ to complete alone and aren't repetitive.
>GWENT
>If you like to explore everything, easily 200+ hours during your first playthrough excluding DLC
>A lot of games advertise your choices alter your experience but Witcher 3 genuinely does from the early stages

Pro/Con
>Can be quite dialogue heavy at times.

If you want a game with good gameplay with no care for a story, it isn't for you and vice versa.
>>
>>387445906
Are your standards high or low? If it's the former then the game is common trash
>>
>>387445906
Its an interactive storybook, the gameplay is garbage and 95% of the praise it gets is lumped on the story and visuals, not the actual substance.
>>
It has lots of cons but also a lot of pros. Its biggest problem is that there's just not much of a difference between gameplay at level 5 and level 30, and since the game is several dozen hours long, it gets tedious. If solid storytelling and enjoyable exploration are enough for you to keep going, you'll love it.
>>
>>387445906
The music is great. I listen to this while I'm working.
>>
File: 1497598160037.gif (1MB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1497598160037.gif
1MB, 300x242px
>>387445906
>Asking /v/ for constructive comments about a game you're just about to buy
You're asking for trouble, kid.
>>
>>387445906
the combat is shit, but if you're into story and atmosphere go for it
>>
>>387445906
>reviews

Absolutely 2005 IRRELEVANT.

They're bribed to utter shit. If you literally want to literally play it, then you literally buy it literally, and then you literally decide if you literally like it literally, or you literally don't, literally.

I'm super serial.
>>
>batman/shitsouls combat -100pts
>hot ass triss +15pts
>geralt isnt big boss so -10pts
>>
>>387446698
It does but it doesn't scale them in a smart way, for instance if you turn it on and there's a quest with a room full of rats, normally they are meant to just nibble you for 1 damage but if they're all buffed up to your level you'll just get swarmed and die. It's quite funny but obviously not intended.
>>
>>387445906
It's stabil
>>
>>387445906
Yes, you should only avoid it if you have an inherent dislike of the open-world RPG subgenre.
>>
>>387448489
I thought the writing is pretty good as far as vidya goes.
>>
>>387445906
It was fun OP. If you turn off the minimap it especially helps to really take in the game's settings.
>>
>>387445906
It is actually really good. Only con I can really think of is that the fall damage is fucked.
>>
I like this game but the "press witcher sense to complete quest " bullshit ruined it for me.
Who thought this is a good idea?
>>
>>387453286
Can get a mod to fix fall damage.
>>
File: Witcher3_2017_03_21_22_11_01_411.jpg (972KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher3_2017_03_21_22_11_01_411.jpg
972KB, 1920x1080px
>>387445906
It's fantastic, seriously. The only downside is the amount of witcher sense quests. But other than that:
>visuals that have yet to be topped by any open world game
>amazing story and 10/10 characters
>the world feels handcrafted and actually alive
>incredible expansions
>godly OST
>extremely long with hundreds of side quests that are often very deep
>>
>>387453081
And also makes the game unplayable because the quest design is utter garbage.
HIDE the minimap, lock it to only when you have witcher senses active (FriendlyHUD can do this).
>>
I can't decide on a Witcher set to go with. Done a playthrough with the Wolf gear already.
>>
>>387454564
Griffin because it's best set (looks like trash) or Manticore because Manticore is best looking set.
>>
>>387448489
facial animation?? is this a joke? facial animation is very bad in witcher 3 despite it being an amazing game
>>
99% of quests are involving following some shit with witcher senses
combat is mediocre, but not terrible
main quest sucks dick, its illogical and you are forced to suck clit of ciri who is one of the most annoying mary sues in gaming
writing is sometimes very illogical
>>
File: 20170714051019_1.jpg (76KB, 581x555px) Image search: [Google]
20170714051019_1.jpg
76KB, 581x555px
Combat feels pretty good when you can one-hit everything and also the game bugs the fuck out and doesn't stop spawning enemies.
>>
>>387445906
If on PC, set prerendered frames to 1 or Novigrad is very stuttery even on a beastly rig.

Don't compare the combat to Soulsborne.

I played vanilla, got the bad ending because reasons and replayed the whole thing again did HoS and I'm still nibbling at BnW 300 hours in.
>>
>>387451447
I figured if there was one place I could get some honest opinions it was here. So far I'm pleased
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.