[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there any non-RTS games set in the American Civil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: union pepe.png (137KB, 391x477px) Image search: [Google]
union pepe.png
137KB, 391x477px
Why aren't there any non-RTS games set in the American Civil War? I mean even Mount and Blade has a Napoleonic Wars module.

>tfw you will never be a first person infantryman in the Union Army
>tfw you will never be a Confederate marauder
>tfw you will never relive the battles of Gettysburg, Antietam, or Shiloh unless you play some shitty RTS from the 1990s.
>tfw no game will ever have Dixie's Land or the Battle Hymn of the Republic in its soundtrack
A game like that would be absolute bliss... though I suppose they'd try to force as much diversity as possible or make the confederates out to be mustache-twirling comic book villains.
Would a Civil War game appeal to you?
>>
yeah it sure would be awesome to pretend there were only 32 guys at antietam
>>
>>387436061
MnB:NW has 200 player servers. Or, it could just be a "raid" mode where one team is a small band of soldiers attacking a town and the other team defends it.
>>
File: Lincoln Statue defaced.jpg (29KB, 319x331px) Image search: [Google]
Lincoln Statue defaced.jpg
29KB, 319x331px
Why aren't there more civil war video games in general?
>>
File: DICE fucks up.jpg (440KB, 1232x1660px) Image search: [Google]
DICE fucks up.jpg
440KB, 1232x1660px
>>387437091
I guess it might have to do with the modern political climate. Then again... you can play as Nazis but not as Confederates?
>>
>>387437754
it's probably something to do with the good guys being republicans.
>>
Why are there no videogames about the spanish civil war
Why are there no videogames about the english civil war
Why are there no videogames about the Russian civil war
Why are there no videogames in which I can play as a cute french girl and purge the Anglo fucking shits from my country
Why are there no non-strategy games about any period of Roman history
Why are there no videogames about the Sino-Japanese war and the Russo-Japanese war
Why are there no videogames about The Troubles
And a shitton more

You're not special southern lads
>>
>>387435882
Call of Juarez
>>
There was a Civil War FPS game. It was kind of shit.
>>
File: what a shame.png (84KB, 243x255px) Image search: [Google]
what a shame.png
84KB, 243x255px
>>387438356
The American Civil War is an event that most people around the world are somewhat familiar with, so it would be a more lucrative option than any of those. Technically Ryse: Son of Rome is a non-strategy game set during Roman history.
>>387438471
That's really more of a cowboy game. You wouldn't call The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly a Civil War film.
>>387438537
>"history" channel
>rated T
God wept.
>>
>>387438762
>The american civil war is an event most people are somewhat familiar with
Most americans* and I'm not even sure about that.
>>
>>387438537
>No more than 10 men on screen at any time
>Silly weapons loadouts. You had a revolver rifle/leveraction nearly every level. Fucking Gatling Guns at Gettysburg.
>Weapons feel and sound like shit.
>Extremely short.

It was perhaps the cheapest feeling game I've ever played.
>>
I think there's a mount and blade mod for it
>>
>>387438762
>The American Civil War is an event that most people around the world are somewhat familiar with
If you mean they know it happened, sure. Beyond that not so much.
>>
Civil War Generals II is a turn based game from late 90s era, also there is a module on M&B called North & South First Manassas. Not sure if its active anymore
>>
File: maxresdefault (11).jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (11).jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
Civil War 2
>>
Isn't CoJ BiB set during the civil war
>>
>>387435882
Darkest of Days for like 10 minutes
>>
File: 1502927556619.jpg (221KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502927556619.jpg
221KB, 640x360px
>>387435882
>For the queen!
>Kill allies horse
>Doot doot doot
Napoleon wars best war
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.