[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

What went wrong, /v/?
>>
Nothing aside a proper western release.

Would have been nice.
>>
>>387430497
Making KMR the director of EP4 and EP5.

If only SGNM was here.
>>
>>387430497
loli is not short enough
>>
>Let's make our game a walking advertisement to not just SEGA stuff, which is to be expected to an extent, but also EVERY SINGLE POPULAR IP UNDER THE SUN and thus making this a walking legal nightmare
>Also let's shit on the art direction of the first two games so much it makes Universe look grounded in realistic fashion trends
>>
>>387430497
It was really good until the end of EP2, good maps, good EM, so so class rebalances like always, after EP3 hit things began to went awry, SEGA tried too hard to make people forget normal missions and story missions exist and the game basically became a EM simulator, not even the countless other modes added like team PVP could salvage the thing, oh and the grinding got insane.
Truly a shame, because the gameplay is actually great at its core and the combat is very addicting, wish they didn't make an half assed effort with NOVA and kept doing offline spinoffs like the Portable series.
>>
It was a sequel to PSU, not PSO.
A true sequel to PSO would look more like sci-fi Dark Souls than the flashy anime style bullshit PSO2 and PSU is.

Seriously, how the fuck do you go from a game where one of the levels is covered in flesh to...generic anime?
>>
>>387431089
Otakubux
>>
>>387431089
>A true sequel to PSO would look more like sci-fi Dark Souls than the flashy anime style bullshit PSO2 and PSU is.
Terrible bait.
>>
>>387430839
You're a fucking retard. Grinding was only big with Ares right after EP3 release because it was shitty RNG, Ideal grind was okay since Cmode was one of the most fun things in the game on top of not being RNG based. Then it kinda all got eased up with just collecting stones from EQs. EP4 made it even easier and without stones staying in your inventory.

On top of that EP2 had HORRIBLE class balance, half of the classes were plainly garbage and waste of space. Most of the classes had a fistful of useful PAs. Palette system for melee weapons was unworkable garbage. EP3 (mostly) fixed balance of both classes and PAs, EP4 actually fixed the palette system. On top of that EP3 had the best content.
>>
>>387431370
Play through PSO again and tell me that it doesn't feel like a clunkier dark souls.
You're only having a knee jerk reaction to a comparison to dark souls instead of actually thinking about how the gameplay works and comparing it to the later entries in the series.
>Slow , deliberate combat
>Restricted move sets, distances are important
>You can't button mash to victory ( well, until you get to a certain point as FO but even then you have to manage TP )
>Grounded animations
>On higher difficulties enemies are always a threat if you let them get to you
>Story and lore is optional if you care, just play through the game
Meanwhile PSO2
>Spam photon arts until out of MP, then spam attack don't even have to time your attacks
>Spamming PA is literally the best dps
>Spam normal attacks, "balanced" by timing your attacks doing more damage ( who gives a fuck when you can just spam PA )
>Jumping ( why was this necessary? )
>dodging like bloodborne on crack but you don't even need it for trash mobs as you can just spam PA and stunlock trash ( is it a coincidence the best dodge is just something that lets you combo into spamming more photon art? )
>No aesthetic other than generic anime and bright colors
>What the fuck happened to shields? You add blocking then remove shields? Oh I know why
>Big dumb anime weapons ( seriously the greatsword looks like a block of shit )
>Forces you to do bullshit like Matter Board and Story quests to progress through the game
Haven't played since the game released by the way
>>
>>387432467
>Spam photon arts until out of MP, then spam attack don't even have to time your attacks
Yes you spam them until you're out of PP mostly, but there is nothing wrong with that since you're given often something like 9PA for a single weapons and each of them has its use and can be thought of as a distinct attack you need to understand. And just attack system is still here faggot, even for PAs.
>Spamming PA is literally the best dps
Yes, it is bare a couple of cases, but again you need to know which PA to use and how to use it. Might as well complain that spamming attack does the best DPS.
>Spam normal attacks, "balanced" by timing your attacks doing more damage
How the fuck do you spam normal attack if you're supposed to be spamming PAs? Also meta is still JA your normals bare a couple of weird cancels.
>Jumping ( why was this necessary? )
Because the enemies are faster and meaner.
>dodging like bloodborne on crack but you don't even need it for trash mobs as you can just spam PA and stunlock trash ( is it a coincidence the best dodge is just something that lets you combo into spamming more photon art? )
Dodging has less invincibility that bloodborne and the current meta is mostly enemies with full super armor and bosses.
>No aesthetic other than generic anime and bright colors
There exist a better critique of PSO2 artsyle than that.
>What the fuck happened to shields? You add blocking then remove shields? Oh I know why
Braver has a shield, also blocking with your weapon is just manlier faggot.
>Big dumb anime weapons ( seriously the greatsword looks like a block of shit )
You're 100% gay.
>Forces you to do bullshit like Matter Board and Story quests to progress through the game
You can play the game without doing the story. Matterboard doesn't even exist in the later episodes.
>>
>>387430497
Who is the semen demon @ top right in blue?
>>
>>387430497
You do nothing but log on and wait for EQs
>>
>>387432467
You evidently haven't even touched PSO2.
>>
Absolutely no endgame.

When you hit max level and you have a 12* weapon, you level another class. That or you hang out in people's houses and RP...
>>
>>387430497
Episode 4, everything went downhill from there.
>>
>>387432932
> but there is nothing wrong with that since you're given often something like 9PA for a single weapons and each of them has its use and can be thought of as a distinct attack you need to understand.
So flashy anime bullshit is the default combat, thanks for proving my point
>How the fuck do you spam normal attack if you're supposed to be spamming PAs?
When you run out of TP, retard
>Because the enemies are faster and meaner.
Maybe later on, but not during around release. You literally had to stand still and not do anything for enemies to touch you.
>Dodging has less invincibility that bloodborne and the current meta is mostly enemies with full super armor and bosses.
So the solution to the anime spam was...make enemies not care about it and hit you anyways. lmao.
>Braver has a shield, also blocking with your weapon is just manlier faggot.
Easily entertained retard things the anime combat is cooler
>>387433120
Yeah I obviously haven't touched PSO2...in years.
Like I said, I played during the beta/shortly after release where there was only forest, caves and the city emergency missions. Which is more than enough to judge the gameplay and art direction of the game. And I hear the art direction has only gotten worse with all the cross promotion.
>>
>>387433710
I don't know, episode "we're now on planet Japan" was pretty fucking stupid too.
>>
>>387433837
You mean EP5 with castle stuff and fairy tale-inspired settings?
>>
>>387433806
>So flashy anime bullshit is the default combat, thanks for proving my point
There is nothing wrong with that. Stop calling combat bad because your taste is offended by art direction.
>When you run out of TP, retard
It's PP, and what the fuck do you expect. How the fuck would you attack without spamming attack?
>Maybe later on, but not during around release. You literally had to stand still and not do anything for enemies to touch you.
Bygone years get the fuck out and stop criticizing the game as it's now.
>So the solution to the anime spam was...make enemies not care about it and hit you anyways. lmao.
So how else do you plan to balance 12 people action combat? Bosses are almost always supposed to have super armor anyway.
>>
>>387430610
fucking kmr ruining granblue AND PSO2
>>
>>387433932
I don't understand what SEGA is doing with PSO2... All of the extra episodes fit in really well with the original PSO
>>
>>387434053
>fucking kmr ruining granblue
He's working on GBF too?
>>
>>387433837
That's episode 4 when you and crew visit earth, kind of out of place and stupid.
The only good thing about episode 4 probably is new shader and improved control scheme, but that's about it.
>>
Not accessible to new players

There's a huge amount of grind from 1 to level cap and they dont add any kind of good way to level up other than spamming a single quest over and over for 35 levels, and the quest is just running arounda circular map killing trash mobs

endless gear treadmill

95% of game updates arent even new "content"

Whenever they add new quests its just a rehash of a previous quest with different enemies

female standing pose is shit
>>
>>387434046
>There is nothing wrong with that. Stop calling combat bad because your taste is offended by art direction.
I said it was anime bullshit that doesn't follow the art direction of PSO's combat, being closer to PSU combat. If you want to see a game with PA that still follows PSO combat, look at PSZ.
>How the fuck would you attack without spamming attack?
The same way you attack in PSO. Force the players to time their attacks, no half measure bullshit.
>So how else do you plan to balance 12 people action combat?
By not having gimmicky 12 man groups? PSO worked perfectly fine limited to 4 players.
>>
>>387434832
>huge amount of grind

Where's this meme coming from? I played the game for a week, got to level 50, realized I had made stupid decisions, remade my character and 3 days later I had reached cap.
I stopped playing the game 2 months in, but that was because I got tired of the available content and, I got an Ares weapon and another one just as grindy which I don't remember the name.
>>
>>387435320
>I said it was anime bullshit that doesn't follow the art direction of PSO's combat, being closer to PSU combat. If you want to see a game with PA that still follows PSO combat, look at PSZ.
Why would it need to follow the clunky PSO?
>The same way you attack in PSO. Force the players to time their attacks, no half measure bullshit.
Except you have to time your attacks here either way or enjoy doing as little as half of the damage.
>By not having gimmicky 12 man groups? PSO worked perfectly fine limited to 4 players.
PSO is dead. PSO2 is one of the top MMOs in Japan. People like those too much to simply remove and the game flows fine even if you whine.
>>
>>387435719
>Why would it need to follow the clunky PSO?
It doesn't need to, but you can improve the gameplay without going full anime bullshit. Hence the Dark Souls comparison.
>Except you have to time your attacks here either way or enjoy doing as little as half of the damage.
I see it more as timing your attacks deals more damage than being punished for not timing your attacks.
>PSO2 is one of the top MMOs in Japan.
And Japan is made up of a bunch of casual retards, that is really not helping your argument.
>>
>>387435582
How long did you play and what did you do in that playtime

Also to get from lv75-80 you need more exp than all of lv1-75
>>
>>387433806
>Like I said, I played during the beta/shortly after release
Opinion discarded, why do you even waste anyone's time with this bullshit
>>
>>387437674
Because the core gameplay and art direction is still there you retard
>B-but it's a BETA
You thought that image was just a joke?
>>
File: Hunewearl.png (384KB, 589x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Hunewearl.png
384KB, 589x1100px
>>387438027
>Because the core gameplay and art direction is still there you retard
No it's not, you'd know if you actually played the fucking game, you drooling imbecile.
And saying that the original PSO isn't fucking anime when you have shit like pic related or a red megaman with shorts and a lighsaber is even more pathetic.
>>
>>387438349
>He thinks that's the same as >>387430497
Typical retard.
Look at the color palette. Look at the art style itself.
If you think they are similar you're fucking blind.
>>
>>387430497
No offline mode.
>>
So, aside from emulating pso from the gamecube or dreamcast, is there any good version on pc ?
>>
>>387438764
Download Blue Burst, play on private server.
I haven't played in years though so I don't know if Schthack is still up.
>>
File: pso2-hunewearl-concept.jpg (39KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
pso2-hunewearl-concept.jpg
39KB, 600x446px
>>387438543
Yeah, it's the exact same shit, it only came around 15 years earlier when Japan's taste was a bit different.
>Color palette
You mean almost the same exact colours of their PSO's counterparts?
And at least the art direction has improved since PSO2's parallel to PSO Hunewearl doesn't look like a space goth whore and actually has something resembling armor, same with all other except Fonewearls, which look barely better than the abominations they were in PSO.
>>
>>387439053
>He really thinks that looks similar
Holy shit anon you really are blind. How the fuck are you replying to my posts?
The letters must be blending in to the background for you.
>>
Hero is fun

Buster quests with randos is not

The games current state is ok
>>
EP5 being an isekai, and the godmode class lol
>>
>>387440237
Really?
And there are seriously people ITT defending the art direction as if it isn't anything other than generic anime schlock.
Even the PSO2 anime was generic anime bullshit.
>>
>>387438764
pioneer2.net
>>
Anime garbage, just like FFXIV.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.