[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaming Laptops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: thebigbangtheoryweekendvortexlr.jpg (112KB, 596x398px) Image search: [Google]
thebigbangtheoryweekendvortexlr.jpg
112KB, 596x398px
This year i will start studying the career of System Engineer so i need a powerful Laptop to work and play one or two games like Resident Evil 7, Outlast or Dragon Fighter Z. What kind of Laptop would you recommend me /v/?
>>
a work laptop is not a gaming laptop.

if you do get a laptop, get a lenovo T450s
>>
>>387427146
get a craptop for 100 bucks that can run word and internet explorer
get a real gaming pc for the rest of your money
>>
>>387427146
Get an Alienware or an Asus if you are going gaming laptop.
>>
>>387427146
A hanging ropeā„¢
>>
>>387427146
A real dev needs a mac.
>>
>>387427305
>>387427409
>>387427481
I think a laptop for that kind of career needs to be powerful and im not a really big fan of gaming so i don't care if i can't play the games on the higher settings. Just need something strong enough to move modern games on the lowest settings
>>
>>387427409
Second this

>>387428004
What makes you think you need a powerful computer for that? and even if that were the case you would he would STILL need a Desktop over a laptop because those are more bang for their buck.

also

>career
>start studying
Pick one
>>
>>387428004
You don't need a powerful laptop to be a system engineer. What kind of system engineer? computer systems? mechanical systems?

If you're doing computer systems, you don't need a powerful computer for anything.
If you're doing mechanical systems, the heaviest thing you'll need to do is like 3d CAD, which your school won't give you a license for so you'll have to use their computers anyway.

Schools telling you that you need a laptop is a meme so that they can get a cut of profit from getting 3000 freshman to buy overpriced laptops
>>
>>387427146
>>387428004
Ignore the "> gayming laptop" memesters and people stuck in 2006 in their heads.

Grab any model with i7 CPU (minimum of i5), decent amount of RAM (8GB or more), and a dedicated GPU (GTX 1050ti is great, MX150 = GT 1030 a good minimum).

You can find 1050ti machines for less than 900 bucks nowadays.
>>
>>387429127
Thanks will do, seriosuly anything with i7 or at least i5 is more than enough to enjoy games
>>
>>387429341
Yup. The modern i3 chips ain't too shabby either, being now real 4-core processors.
However, if you gotta make do with the CPU-integrated "HD Graphics" chips, you better have plenty of RAM, 8GB being the safe minimum, as the chip will be using it as its VRAM as well then. The more and the faster the RAM, the better in said case.
I've seen some 5yo laptops with i7 and HD Graphics 4000 run even Crysis 3 at 720p, roughly Low settings, and get pretty steady ~30fps, which would make it on-par with prev-gen consoles.

That being said, a dedicated GPU will take a lot of load off your CPU and improve experience tremendously.
The performance of the Nvidia GT 1030 really surprised me, and it's packed in fairly cheap (5-600$) laptops nowadays.
>>
>>387429341
I spent 1500 dollarus on a ASUS GAYMING laptop with a GTX 1060. I've been traveling and stuck in hotels though for the last 5 months. Laptop gayming is almost on par with desktop nowadays, the 10XX series helped with that. Just do your research my dude, just don't get stuck buying a shitty MSI shitasses.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.