[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/ this is my first Sonic game and I have a few questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So /v/ this is my first Sonic game and I have a few questions

>Why are the worlds so open? Are there secrets?
>Aside from HP what are the rings for and why do you lose all of em when you get hit once
>What do the different characters do

So far so good though i just got through the second level and Act 2 was the definition of fun
>>
There are secret rings to find that lead to special stages, you generally need to beat all the special stages to unlock the true final boss and ending

Having 50 rings when you pass a checkpoint opens a dofferent set of special stages if you jump into the ring of stars, if you have all Chaos emeralds you can become super sonic with 50 rings. 100 rings nets you an extra life.

Sonic has drop dash and gets abilities with different types of shields
Tails can fly for a while by mashing jump
Knuckles can break through walls the ither characers can't, glide by pressing jump a second time, and climb walls, but he doesn't jump as high which makes some bosses harder.

Glad you're having fun with it
>>
Oh and you lose all of them when you get hit because getting 100 is a reward for not getting hit
>>
>>387425545
Thanks dude, I needed these things cleared up!
>>
>>387425545
25 rings for special stages
>>
>>387425854
My bad
>>
>>387424973
Get blue spheres
>>
>>387426623

But don't get red spheres
>>
>>387424973
Between this, the embarassing gaf thread, and one of my own friends doing this in real time, I have absolutely no idea what it is about Sonic that turns people into drooling retards who seem unwilling to experiment or just figure things out on their own. I've never seen someone blatantly ask what coins or power ups in Mario do, or why the levels are designed the way they are. It's fucking weird.
>>
>>387426842
Because it's bad game design. It's super fun, but it's not well designed. And it was the same on Genesis.
>>
>>387426935
>Because it's bad game design
This really revved my spin dash
>>
>>387426935

That's just Sonic CD
>>
>>387426735
except the secret fake ones, you can walk through those.
>>
>>387427627
One of my favorites parts of Mania is them taking Stardust Speedway and Metallic Madness with their great environments and music (albeit remixed), and adapting them to the traditional Sonic format so they're actually fun to play.
>>
>>387428123
WHAT
>>
The background are foreground mud together and it's fucking ugly looking. How can people play the 2D sonics?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.