[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they so afraid of the word "Demo"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1512x726px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1512x726px
Why are they so afraid of the word "Demo"?
>>
>>387406445
There's probably some marketing research out there that says 51% of people responded more likely to purchase a game after a free trial than a demo, so they're all using trial.
>>
File: 1500652732969.jpg (246KB, 867x690px) Image search: [Google]
1500652732969.jpg
246KB, 867x690px
>>387406445
Nobody in the games industry wants demos to become the norm.

You don't sound unreasonable when you're asking companies for demos to make sure their game isn't shit. You sound like an entitled money-grubbing pratt when you ask companies for a "free trial". Even though they're the same thing. They're trying to replace the term. Or >>387406539 for less tin foil hats
>>
>>387406539
But trial in software world implies time limit, it makes no sense
>>
Does the free trial come with denuvo?
>>
>>387406661
jokes aside, I remember it was a well established fact that demo releases actually reduces the initial revenue of the game

thats way they stopped making demos or releasing demos after release
>>
>>387406742
That Prey trial is 1 hour long man, I imagine Dishonored 2 is the same since it's the same publisher.

>>387406808
This is the case, since you can get hands on and feel if a game is right for you. They'd rather you not get to find that out until the purchase is made, and rely on the power of the zeitgeist and their marketing to get you to buy.
>>
>the difference being that as a trial, any progress you make and Achievements or Trophies you earn will carry over to the full game if you opt to buy it. That apparently doesn't happen with demos.
okay, now i see the difference
>>
>>387406891
Does it literally have a time counter, or is it "hour for average player to consume the demo content"?
>>
>>387407134
I dunno, the news article I read just said "The first hour."
>>
>>387407051
It does though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.