[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /v/erdict on this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 556281-919901_20041115_screen016.jpg (329KB, 1024x893px) Image search: [Google]
556281-919901_20041115_screen016.jpg
329KB, 1024x893px
What's the /v/erdict on this series?
>>
I'm think I'm the only person who thinks this but 1=2>3. 1 and 2 are completely different games but they both do what they're intended to do really well. 3 is good too but I feel like the vehicle and gimmick levels spoiled it a bit. X was good from what I remember. Didn't play enough Daxter or TLF to form an opinion.
>>
1 > 2 > 3

1st was a great platformer, fuck the gta shit and gimmicks
>>
Maybe on a first playthrough you'll find some enjoyment in Jak 1. Otherwise it's very slowly paced and devoid of compelling level design. The seamless world may still impress though, and there's a unique atmosphere to some areas.
>>
Jak 1 had the best world and platforming.
Jak 2 had the best Jak design, and that's it.
Jak 3 had the best overall gameplay.
>>
Jak 4 is the ONLY thing that would get me to buy a PS4. Sadly wont happen because Naughty Dog moved on to making walking sims. SAD
>>
>>387406352
J&D is a masterpiece, 2 and 3 are mediocre as fuck.
>>
>>387406352
I miss his toes.
>>
I really liked the 3, shame I lost the first one when I moved out.
>>
1: Drop in the ocean mascot collectathon snorefest that gets boring and repetitive 3 hours in
2: Developed an identity for for the franchise and made it better in every way
3: Expanded upon 2 and created a great gritty atmosphere with good narrative

Only manchildren call 1 the best and the other 2 shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
Jax X needs a remaster or sequel.
Even with it's flaws it's the most under rated kart racer ever with the best weapons system in the genre.
>>
I really hated the psuedo GTA direction they went with the sequels, but I can understand why.
>>
>>387406352
OP, I see you too watch superbutterbuns.
>>
>>387406352
1 was a fun, simplistic title.
2 was garbage
Never got around to 3 because of how much 2 turned me off from the series.
>>
Started out good, turned to shit, ended ok.
>>
>>387409425
3 basically is an improvement over 2 for the most part. You should give it a shot one day.
>>
>>387409026
>2: Developed an identity for for the franchise and made it better in every way

As a GTA clone?
>>
JAK 3 >>> 2 >>> 1
>>
1 is the only good one and its still just alright
>>
>>387410280
Jak 1 was just another mario 64/banjo kazooie clone, go fuck yourself
>>
>>387410591
Exactly why it was a good game and the others are shit.
>>
>>387406352
1=3>>>>>>>>>>2
>>
X > 1 > 3 > 2
>>
>>387410591

Jak and Daxter was nothing like those games, it was the first platformer to have a completely interconnected world, something that is actually unique, rather than aping GTA like every other game did in that era.

You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>387406727
2 had better platforming segments though. 1 is the more cohesive and unified experience but idk I'm always torn on which I prefer between the two.

Jak 2's Haven Forest is still one of my all time favorite locations in a platformer.
>>
Jak 3 had some really nice additions with the light powers and the desert vehicles but after replaying the games as an adult I didn't enjoy it as much as Jak 2
>>
1 was good, 2 was shit, didn't play 3
>>
>>387410781
my nigga
>>
>>387406352
1 > 3 > 2

Jak 2 has good platforming levels, but everything that takes place inside the hub city is just filler at best and flat out fucking garbage at worst.

And don't even get me started on that gay ass overworld theme.
>>
>>387406352
1 is a great platformer
2 is a unfair hard and misbalanced as fuck
3 did everything better than 2 but was way too easy
>>
1fags are the worst

It's mechanically very good and has a lovely world but it's too easy and too short
>>
>>387410674
collectathons are dated as fuck and died out for a reason
>>387410894
If I was a fucking idiot I would be calling Jak 2 and 3 shit games.
>>
>>387406352
>>
>>387406352
I think it's good overall, but uneven due to the dramatic shift in tone. Jak 2 struggled with this, but Jak 3 had a nice balance. Haven't played any of the spin-offs.
>>
2 and 3 is the only time I've ever really gotten into any racing games. 1 is pretty solid, though. I like them all in some way.

There's also the PSP Daxter game and it was alright. But the Jak and Daxter PSP game was pretty bad.
>>
Really had fun was 3, 2 was just annoying and 1 keeps kinda eh on replays but it's solid, never played Jak X but Daxter on PSP was decent
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.