[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big budget tv show now completely rip off video games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: warcraft_rip_off.jpg (588KB, 1376x3256px) Image search: [Google]
warcraft_rip_off.jpg
588KB, 1376x3256px
Isn't it the ultimate proof that video games are art?
>>
>>387396613
Great video game gameplay you got there, I sure loved playing this section when I played the game

oh wait
>>
>>387396681
youre missing the point
>>
>>387396846
What's the point? That cutscenes are on the same level of art as TV shows?
>>
>>387396931
yeah
>>
>>387397035
Who ever argued against that? I mean, Final Fantasy Advent Children exists, and what is it, beyond a 2-hour long vidya cutscene?
>>
File: sapphiron.jpg (440KB, 1911x1073px) Image search: [Google]
sapphiron.jpg
440KB, 1911x1073px
>>387396681
Have you ever played wc3?
>>
isnt it all a tolkein rip off anyway

this is just autism on your part, we get it you played wrath, why do you care if this shitty soap opera larp show copies it?

do you think the average got fan gives a fuck, or warcraft player of today?

BUT LOOK AT THIS ONE CUTSCENE FROM THREE EXPANSIONS AGO IT HAS THE SAME SETTING AND ONE OF THE SHOTS IS KINDA THE SAME RIP OFFFFF

VIDEO | GAMES | ARE | ART

GET BTFO, GOT FANBABIES ON SUICIDE WATCH BELTS AND LACES HAVE BEEN CONFISCATED, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT CASE WHEN? HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER
>>
File: nic12481.gif (3MB, 580x290px) Image search: [Google]
nic12481.gif
3MB, 580x290px
>>387396613
I'm waiting for Jon Snow to kill the Night King, but then he has to take his place because there must always be a Night King.
>>
>>387397246
>isnt it all a tolkein rip off anyway
Oh yea i totally remember undeads in the north pole lead by a death knight who transforms ppl and monsters into undead.
>>
>>387397632
Weren't Orcs just Elves that were brutalized until they snapped?
>>
>>387396613
If you haven't stopped watching this shit show by now you must be brain damaged.
>>
>>387397441

My son... the day you were born, the weirwood forests of the North whispered the name... Jon. My child... I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon... of honor. Remember, our line has always ruled with wisdom and strength, and I know you will show restraint when exercising your great power. But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end... you shall be Night's King.
>>
>>387396681
I'm not talking about the cinematic in particular but the fact that they ripped off the warcraft 3 story :
Undead/snow/blue magic/lead by a death knight (ex human)/the death knight kills a dragon and then transforms him into an undead version, etc.
>>
>>387396613
Game of Thrones is a lot like Dark Souls as well

Not sure where the origin of the whole "north is filled with undead" thing, but I live in Alaska and the shit sounds terrifying
>>
>>387397732
In LotR they're elves who got tortured with magic or some shit but in Warcraft the Orcs are aliens from another planet
>>
>Watching literal fanfiction
Fuck off
>>
>>387397632

Lich King = Witch-King of Angmar
>>
Game of Thrones is Big Bang Theory for "nerds" who think they're too good for BBT
>>
Wotlk had the best atmosphere out of all of the expacs. Northrend was both comfy and spooky at times and the scourge was much more menacing than today's nu-Burning Legion.
>>
>>387398625
Battleblock Theater?
>>
>>387396613
Threadly reminder, that the Wights are the only good guys in Westeros.
>>
>>387399094
If I had to guess, he meant Big Bang Theory. Seeing as how they already mentioned it earlier in the sentence.
>>
Early game designers drew inspiration from movies and pop culture. You got it all backwards.
>>
File: Sauron.jpg (72KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Sauron.jpg
72KB, 590x350px
>>387398494
I think the Lich King was mostly an original character with inspirations from Sauron and maybe the Witch King (Witch King being more like Arthas than Ner'Zhul). The aesthetic on the other hand must've been inspired by The Fellowship of the Ring though since it premiered about 2 years before The Frozen Throne
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.