[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop Uncharted winning GOTY two years in a row?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13

File: uncharted.jpg (36KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted.jpg
36KB, 700x500px
>>
>>387393158
it never won goty in the first place
>>
File: uncharted_2.jpg (1MB, 1000x1151px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted_2.jpg
1MB, 1000x1151px
>>387393236

Tell me a game that came out in 2009 that is better than pic related. No joke answers. Back that shit up.
>>
>>387393158
so you like making this shit over and over
>>
Do people here unironically care about game of the year awards?
>>
File: 1498349792704.png (265KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
1498349792704.png
265KB, 320x289px
No one gives a flying fuck about Nadine or Chloe, this game is going to shit the bed. Especially releasing right after 4.
If it was about Cutter though, I'd buy it on day one.
>>
does /v/ roleplay as other vidya characters in games?
>>
>>387394128
I give a fuck about Chloe's ass
>>
>>387393792
Demon's Souls.

But it is interesting how many different sources gave U2 the GOTY. Extremely myopic.
>>
>>387393792
NSMB Wii
>>
>>387394357

They're pretty different, but I can easily see that winning. Problem is that hype often has a lot to do with the judging process. Not directly, but it has an effect on people.

Honestly given that it was 2009, picking Uncharted 2 over Modern Warfare 2 was probably a controversial pick for many big sites since that was what everyone was playing at the time.
>>
>>387393158

Stop living in a world where it ever won GOTY.
>>
WHY DIDNT THEY FUCKING DO A SULLY SPIN OFF
>>
>>387395225
Can't show off Nadine with that.
>>
>>387395376
literally no one liked her in U4, but i suppose theyll give her a humanising backstory to explain her murderous mercenary ways because she is a woman
>>
File: Playstation_logo_colour.svg.png (8KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
Playstation_logo_colour.svg.png
8KB, 250x190px
>>387394094
These people
>>
Who awards GOTY?
>>
>>387395508

I hope you get to roughhouse enemies just as hard as she does Drake in 4.
>>
>>387394675
dont forget that the cod crowd are for a big part <12 year olds and editors at yourno mags have been playing (better) fps games for a longer time. I mean if you compare cod to quake MP it's abysmal, if you compare uncharted 2 to any of the tomb raiders, it's leaps and bounds.
>>
>>387395798
I could imagine the 'muh SJW' crowd going full autismo during that cutscene where she utterly trashes both drake and sully. I was laughing so hard about how dumb it all was. Can't even remember when a game had me in stitches that much. It was so preposterous, funny as hell.
>>
>>387393158
They guaranteed the win the moment they made the protagonists women, even if the game fucking sucks, which it won't it'll be painfully average, it receive critical acclaim from people in the industry.
>>
>>387394206
In skyrim or other games like that I roleplay as steve irwin and the rest of the world are animals.
>>
Nate's theme from Uncharted 1-3 is honestly one of the best video game tracks ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgcq_ZtqbO0
>>
>>387397024
going around thumbing bums?
>>
>>387397096
Yeah, the games got real boring starting 3 but the soundtracks are top fucking tier.
>>
>>387395728
The VGA awards I guess. Fucking Overwatch won last year. It doesn't even have a single player component. Overwatch is only half a game.
>>
>>387397280
The Nate's theme playing in the menu really gets you in the mood that you're going on an adventure to explore all kinds of ancient things, it's just great

As for the games, I'd say that Uncharted 3 was kind of a letdown, probably because they made some of the scenes first, and then built the story around those scenes, like the one where Drake has to escape from the cruise ship.

But I still think that Uncharted 4 is either the best or second best in the series, competing with 2
>>
Anyone played this shit yet? Was just wondering how long game is it since it's "stand alone expansion" and not full price release
>>
>>387397550
well uc4 definitely had absolutely stellar design. The jeep section blew me away completely, and it harked back to those 'my console can do that?' moments uc2 introduced.

But the formula got very stale for me, and I really wasn't a big fan of the endless chatter, flashbacks (again!) and lulls inbetween the actual gameplay sections (I guess uc4 was the mgs4 of uncharted series, haha). I would have preferred a bit more puzzles as padding, but that might have scared off the casual crowd.

I did lik ethe ending morale though, but that whole prologue was so dumb.. just ugh, uc4 had parts of 'walking simulator' in it, and that made it meh for me. The walking simulator part in uc2, in the village was integral to the story, but there was also plenty of interactivity in the town itself, whereas in uc4 it felt a bit cardboard.
>>
>>387393158
They should've gone all out and just make her look like the most badass female lead on screen Lena Headey and be done with it
>>
>>387398110
I dunno i think Cameron Diaz looks pretty cool.
>>
>>387397827
UC4 definitely had lots of those great moments, but also plenty of the not so great moments. The jeep scene especially was amazing, it looked stunning and all the action in it flowed so smoothly. I also would've liked a bit more puzzles, but the rest was pretty good if not counting the slightly boring walking parts. Still, I enjoyed the story a whole lot, it had strong writing and good characters, and a great ending that has real closure to the main story.

I do get how you might get bored of the gameplay formula, as it isn't that different between the games, but it didn't bother me as much since I had finished Uncharted 3 back in 2013 and there had been a 3 years gap
>>
>>387400194
Did you play Uncharted 3 2 years after it released. i believe it released 2011.

Regardless i had serious issues with the story of Uncharted 4.
>>
>>387400194
>boring walking parts
walking simulators are the greatest games ever
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (37KB, 432x294px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
37KB, 432x294px
>>
>>387400403
I played the whole Uncharted trilogy in 2013
And what issues with the story did you have? I agree that it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty good
>>
>>387397827
I didn't mind the stuff at the beginning. Even though people will greentext shit, I do think it worked really well thematically. Nate's bored as shit in his domestic life and wants to get back to adventuring. Some real strong character stuff happens.

What lost the game points with me was how long and dragged out the back half of the game feels. I think it's the back half. It feels like it should be the back third, but that island takes up so much of the game's run time with pointless climbing padding. Like that initial romp through the smaller island where Nate and his brother just clamber around for like 30 minutes to find another tower that points to the real island. Or the exploding skeleton cave that seems to go on for miles. It's almost like you play a new Uncharted game, then have to play through the entirety of Uncharted 1.

Still liked the game though.
>>
>>387394094
I never gave much of a fuck about GOTY awards ever, but the moment I just stopped caring completely was in the 2015 VGAs, when bloodborne got fucked in the ass by the witcher 3 in every way. Now, I don't mind it getting GOTY or whatever, but that piece of shit with the LEY LEY LEY LEY LEY LEY LEY soundtrack and run of the mill fantasy designs did NOT deserve to get the visual and audio design awards over fucking bloodborne's masterful aesthetics.
These awards are just meaningless because game journos and whatever morons sit in the academy have a western bias and they're all probably a bunch of redditors too.
>>
>>387400747
I just checked back and I competely misremembered, witcher 3 won neither of those categories but it doesn't change the fact that BB got shunted, and in no way does a game like MGSV deserve to get the "best OST" award over bloodborne. a game that barely has its own music (can you name any songs other than sins of the father that were made exclusively for MGSV?) does not deserve to get this award, and while Ori is a beautiful game, it doesn't do nearly as much as BB does.

i'm coming off as a huge BB fanshit but fucking hell i got so mad when the game got fuck all despite being amazing purely because it's a very japanese game and a ps4 exclusive.
>>
>>387393158
>Nigress and poo in loo
Too late to stop that train
>>
>>387400431
kek
>>
>>387400669
yes, I think so to in retrospect. During the island I dropped the game and didn't come back to it until a few later days. This never happened to me before playing through an uncharted. The padding and extremely boring climbing just got to me.
>>
Mainstream critics will just give GOTY to Zelda.
>>
File: mania.png (62KB, 762x372px) Image search: [Google]
mania.png
62KB, 762x372px
>>387400431
>Mania
>91

Try again kiddo.
>>
>>387400194
Wel l sound a bit harsh when judging uc4, it's a really good game but .. I think the problem with the uncharted series is that it's SUPERformulaic and that the absolute best is uc2 (location wise, story wise, soundtrack wise), and after that... well you have to crank out a couple more nearly identical sequels that can't top number 2.

I mean how uc2 handled the story (bar the completely uninteresting one-dimensional villain), with the tempo going up and down at just the right paces. allowing for amazement at some segments and some introspection at others Like I said, the walking part in that village halway through is just fucking amazing. A breather after all that action, and a realization to the player that you're halfway through this action packed trip. Only to see the village completely trashed with that beserk tank on your tail.

I mean in uncharted 4's ending we get some kind of sappy 'he has a babbe' and is a good dada, while we should also note that this man singlehandedly must have killed over 4000 humans whilst stealing national treasure:P
>>
>>387401756
Check the Switch version, you mongoloid.
>>
File: the crying game.jpg (153KB, 540x410px) Image search: [Google]
the crying game.jpg
153KB, 540x410px
>>387400978
>being edgy ITYOOL 2018
back to /r/thedonald with you
>>
>>387401827
It's actually funny how no one ever questions the amount of people Nate kills, besides that one scene in UC2, and even that is quickly forgotten. Nate is probably some kind of a psychopath who can't feel remorse

And yeah it's true that the series is very formulaic, the games feel like you're playing a movie, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Uc2 did handle the story greatly, but I don't think UC4 did a bad job either
>>
>>387401887

It's literally the same game. Who gives a shit about Metacritic at that point? All it does is fuel fanboying and lost bonuses, anyway. People who use metacritic didn't read reviews as a kid. They just used gaming mags for the number.
>>
>>387402026
Yeah if you can see it like that I guess it's fine. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy myself, I just hoped the milk and cornflakes turned into a real 4 star dinner some point.

I mean TLOU was fucking great, but I'm really not looking forward to TLOU: 2 because
a. you know it will have similar padding with ladders and container shit
b. the first story was a contained whole, the shock is already presented, you go through the seasons with elly and joel, so you can't recapture any of that. Like the opening of TLOU that draws you in.
>>
File: 1483069788766.jpg (105KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483069788766.jpg
105KB, 700x500px
>>387395508
>no one liked her
Do you know what year it is?
>>
>>387402229
I haven't really given much thought to TLOU2, but I think you're right. I mean I'll still play it, but it probably can't top the first game
>>
File: 1502960532200.webm (2MB, 940x450px) Image search: [Google]
1502960532200.webm
2MB, 940x450px
>>387397726
Around 8 on normal, also WTF SJW still triggered that Laura Bailey is voicing Nadine?
>>
>>387402329
Not him, but I say where it might get slighter higher marks than the console version by virtue of being portable. Call it a meme or whatever, but it's how it is.

Also, stop being an angry Wojak spammer that shits up threads. Keep it fucking classy.
>>
File: aaaahzieligpoesjee.gif (2MB, 484x256px) Image search: [Google]
aaaahzieligpoesjee.gif
2MB, 484x256px
>>387402734
ah I was just baiting relax, but you're right this is a nice thread. I'll keep the nintendo folder closed for now
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.