[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this kill the Mass Effect But guess what? i like it, it was FUN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: Mass_Effect_Andromeda_cover.jpg (46KB, 341x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mass_Effect_Andromeda_cover.jpg
46KB, 341x480px
>this kill the Mass Effect

But guess what?

i like it, it was FUN
>>
Then you're a retard
>>
>>387393151
The quality of OP's grammar combined with his fondness of ME:A did not surprise me.
>>
>>387393151
>tfw want to play it but mr.antifun won't make a new trainer for it
>tfw still might be able to play it but full screen goes black and can't do the only thing that could fix this.
>>
Did finally play and finished it last night. honestly not that bad animations are still fucked up though some have been fixed. retarded and polarising choices where both options are retarded as usual for ME

>3/10

Still pissed i didnt get to shoot the archon
>>
File: kiss6.jpg (281KB, 3357x1893px) Image search: [Google]
kiss6.jpg
281KB, 3357x1893px
it's a shame i can't get this to work, i just want to romance peebee.
>>
File: kiss3.jpg (395KB, 3298x1778px) Image search: [Google]
kiss3.jpg
395KB, 3298x1778px
don't you fucking die on me ME:A thread!
>>
File: peepoo.jpg (374KB, 3492x1964px) Image search: [Google]
peepoo.jpg
374KB, 3492x1964px
>actually pretty cute
>lonely
>ostracized
>misunderstood by others
>in need of warm touch the pathfinder
is peebee the /bestgirl/?
>>
Fun doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: kiss5.jpg (651KB, 3485x1957px) Image search: [Google]
kiss5.jpg
651KB, 3485x1957px
>>387395231
but fun is fun, and having fun is important.

it's kinda like comfy, it's just a very abstract thing which can't be measured.
>>
>>387394253
Just go to the goneral on /vg/ if you want or post your red headed waifu
>>
>>387395432

They're subjective and don't mean a thing.
>>
>>387393151
I enjoy this game like how I enjoy the The Room. It's so godawful but the creators think it's one of the best things ever and that has a certain funny charm to it.
>>
>>387394406
No you literal retard
>>
>>387393151
Kill yourself OP
>>
>>387393151
That's fine if you liked it. You're only human after all.
>>
File: 1466018195683.jpg (53KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
1466018195683.jpg
53KB, 400x333px
I liked the gameplay and reached 100% viability on all planets halfway through the story, but the plot was some sewer tier garbage that I couldn't care less about. Only the Milky Way ark missions were interesting desu.
>>
I pirated it and dropped after 6 hours. Yeah I could laugh at horribly bad dialogues, retarded characters, pitiful "role playing" and facial animations, but the game is so boring and content is so uninspired and "exploration" is so tedious that I couldn't keep going. Even for lulz I couldn't stand how bad this game is.

Fuck man I even liked Inquisition for a bit there
>>
>>387393151
Its not fun, its a terrible wade through god awful writing. Anyone associated with writing this garbage should be shot so as to prevent them from writing ever again. That is how bad it is.
>>
>>387393151
Everybody likes at least one shitty thing so it's easy for me to forgive you.
>>
>>387395548
you can't rate video games purely by objective standards, if you try to, it won't mean anything because whatever game could be perfection on a technological level and have a very well written storyline but it may simply not be fun and that's the main dealbreaker for video games, a flawed game that's fun is much better than a polished turd that's boring as hell
>>
>>387397067
Even worse when it's an unpolished turd that's boring as hell which is how I would describe MEA and DAI.
>>
>>387397206
i don't think MEA is boring, but DAI is, i agree on that.
Fun is subjective, you didn't have fun, i did. I know a lot of people who had fun with TLOU and i can absolutely not imagine picking up that chore of a game again, or people who are excited for countless nintendo rehashes of the same IP, same characters, same formula, new boring gimmick console, i don't have a clue and can rate the games on a technical level, how the graphics are, how the sound is, the pacing and quality of writing where applicable but fun is subjective. There's nothing wrong with not having fun with one game and having fun with another.
>>
>>387397320
Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Fun is subjective and is a legitimate reason for liking a game but it just falls flat and has little merit in a discussion about a game on a technical level, that's all. You had fun with MEA but technically, the interface is an absolute mess that was poorly though-out, the writing is monotone for the most part, glitches are frequent and graphics and performance are subpar when compared to other games on the same engine, even when compared to previous games by the same company even. You could still have fun with the game despite all that depending on what you find fun and your ability to look at it segmentally. I was merely unable to find any redeeming qualities in MEA because even the gameplay felt like a chore and a bore since I've played better shooters before.
>>
>>387395596
Well, they obviously tried and put effort in it, but they were fully incompetent except for the combat (which was just a 1:1 copy of MGS V without the gadgets). I would say it's like "The Room", but there is too much empty space and the game is 70% of the time just boring MMO quests on the same planets and even worse than ME1, since the planets in ME1 were just small, but the once in ME:A are big empty open worlds.
>>
>>387393151
The gameplay was ok
The story and characters were shit.
>>
I would go so far as to say that combat is good. I'll give it a solid good. I'd still rather be playing something like Vanquish or even Gears of War for 3rd person shooters, but it's still solidly good. It's fun mixing and matching powers and jetpacking around during fights.

The open world meme really needs to die though. I guess it's not a terrible stab at it, but there's something really stilted and awkward about it. I even liked the stuff in the first ME, as clunky and barren as it was, because it felt like freedom to explore "real" planets out there. Mostly empty except for a few minerals and debris that crashed into the surface. At first I thought it was a good step forward, but then it felt really hamstrung. Cutting the areas off with shit like heat and radiation, where you literally can't explore them until arbitrary story requirements, even though you've got quest markers abound on the planet, feels terrible. Even DA:I let you fuck around the Hinterlands and walk into high level areas if you actually wanted to explore.

I don't even want to talk about the story though. It's just terrible. All of the characters seem to be competing to be the most glib and insufferable asshole around. Even the person you play as, regardless of whether or not you're picking the awful jokey dialogue or just being a straight-laced professional. Your character will still spout "funny" or sarcastic lines in the ambient dialogue. I hate that they've taken any semblance of role-playing out of Ryder. Two options that are just different tones to say the same thing. Early on Vetra straight up bribes a person in front of you instead of waiting on inventory to be taken by someone working for someone I was trying to be on good terms with. I can't tell her off or agree to have the inventory done. My only options were to praise her in different ways. It's awful. I guess I can't hate Krogans being Krogans and Cora wouldn't be so bad if they didn't triple down on her being an Asariboo.
>>
Are any of the companion actually nice? It is pretty cheap right now and i can see myself wasting some time exploring the planets. However after mass effect 3 and inquisition i have no hope for the games story. Inquisition at the very least had companions that were alright and borderline cute to romance.
>>
>>387393151
It was a fun trainwreck
>>
>>387393151
Yeah ?

But guess what?

You have your own taste, don't let people stop you from having fun
>>
>>387400027
>Cutting the areas off with shit like heat and radiation, where you literally can't explore them until arbitrary story requirements
Lots of games do this though, so it's not really fair to criticise ME:A on this. Otherwise I agree, particularly with the lack of roleplaying with Ryder: it feels like Bethesda Fallout, where the character you play is already pre-defined and all you can do is change how they look. Shepard was a lot more customisable in that regard.
>>
Should I even bother pirating this? I liked ME, ME2 was okay, I'm still mad about ME3 tho
>>
>>387402270
I know the open world stuff isn't an original Bioware blunder. It's why I referred to it as the open world meme; it's a consistently annoying thing across many games.
>>
>>387393151
To each their own OP, for me the game became boring really fast honestly
>>
>>387400142
If Inquisition was terrible for you, you probably won't like Andromeda, but I can't understand why anybody would think so, DA:I was decent for me, even if obviously flawed.
Andromeda feels pretty similar for me. Many people complained about too big maps, but for me vast, slightly deserted terrains suits game about exploring ruined planets.
For me side quests are the biggest flaw of Andromeda: about 3/4 of them is just 'Find X pieces of item Y'. After 10-15 hours it gets very noticeable .
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.