[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He has a point.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 71f1e58a50.png (46KB, 1489x282px) Image search: [Google]
71f1e58a50.png
46KB, 1489x282px
He has a point.
>>
>Sonic
Lmao
>>
I'm not reading that wall of shit
>>
ITS LITERALLY THE OLD LEVELS WITH NEW PATHS

WHAT THE FUCK IS HE GOING ON ABOUT
>>
>>387393294
He must be going insane.
>>
>>387393294
Watch some Twitch streamers once in a while. You'll be surprised at how fucking retarded casuals can be.
>>
File: 1493112515901.png (323KB, 466x575px) Image search: [Google]
1493112515901.png
323KB, 466x575px
>>387392560
He has a point about that vent in CPZ act 2 -- it's the first one of its kind in the level and it's not hinted anywhere in the art -- but the rest is a mound of shit.
>>
>>387392560
Sonic was never good.
Sonic's core gameplay from the start was around going really fast, however precision platforming involved in it's convoluted stages often forced you to slow down and outright stop if you missed even a tiny tiny little thing, and could even kill you. the only solution to maintaining momentum is memorization.
Repeating the game over, and over, and over until you know the level from muscle memory and can react instantly to every part of it, but in doing so, you ruin the magic of the level by exploring it out so much and playing it to death making it into a chore. On Some stages this isnt even possible and the game forces you to slow down. or outright stop and wait. This is completely contrary to the whole point of the game. Sega has never understood what made sonic good, because sonic at it's coree is not good.

The entire core concept of Sonic is fundamentally flawed. As in several parts to survive you must stop. compare this to Mario, where the main challenge is timing jumps and actions in such a way to keep moving at a decent enough pace and overcome enviromental hazards, but you didnt have to rush through, and the game did not encourage you to do so. You could with enough practice, yes. but that wasnt the focus and so more attention was payed to platforming and making the mechanics feel really, really good. Then level design, then everything else. That is why, the worst mario game is still pretty good because at it's core is a solid concept for a game that's extremely hard to fuck up, and sonic hasnt gotten it right in years, because the concept is fundamentally a broken accidental balance that barely works.
>>
sonic games are bad and have always been bad
>>
How the fuck do you get lost in a Sonic level
you go right
>>
>>387396010
>precision platforming making you slow down is bad
I only like 3D Sawniks and this is bad pasta. 5/10
>>
File: 1502918708241.png (52KB, 1125x392px) Image search: [Google]
1502918708241.png
52KB, 1125x392px
Was he right?
>>
>>387396169
this just makes me sad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.