[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this fail? I'm watching some videos of the PC version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sonic-and-deadly-six-2.jpg (880KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-and-deadly-six-2.jpg
880KB, 1920x1080px
Why did this fail? I'm watching some videos of the PC version and it looks pretty neat. What are its flaws?
>>
>>387387854
It's a mario galaxy clone.
In all seriousness even tho sonic is just about as fast as he is un unleashed when you use the spindash he feels slower. It also requires the ability to parkour correctly to get past the later stages. Not to mention the villains are literal whos. I think it's a 7 - 8/10 game despite this but the Sonic fan base is hyper critical of any 3d game thus the low reception
>>
>>387388025
>the Sonic fan base is hyper critical of any 3d game thus the low reception

I thought that was the case. It looks pretty fun, I might get it on a sale or something.
>>
>>387388142
If you can get it for $15 or less go for it
>>
>>387387854
It's bland and average, it doesn't have the speed of boost or the freedom of actual 3d
>>
It has half really neat levels and half garbage sidescrolling levels in the first half. And then the level design mostly falls apart in the second half or so of the game.

The Nintendo stages are cool as hell. I never finished it but I enjoyed replaying several of the earlier levels. They had a neat concept going but the controls needed a bit more work and they couldn't think up enough levels.

It was also the most TEXTBOOK "It's just sonic and his friends, just kidding here's these fuckers" game ever
>>
>>387387854
The first level is one of the best - the level design gets worse as you go.
You also begin to wonder why Sega made every damn area a sphere or a cylinder - much of the time it would have been a better level as a flat plain instead of a cylinder.

Sonic also accelerated and lost speed as he made any sort of turn in a very unnatural way.
Additionally, the parkour feature was poorly implemented - ironically the 3DS version did Sonic's controls and parkour much better.
>>
>>387387854
It's not bad but there's some questionable stupid shit and a lot of not fun sections later. Later stages take a quality drop. The shit six or whatever the villans are called show up mid level in most stages. Starting auto scrollers or repeated boss fights that waste time. Sometimes things get weird with the parkour in 2D sections but might just be that I'm at shitter. Get the game cheap and use the mod to remove the bosses and mid level things. Modding community is dead and isn't making anything new last time I checked.
>>
>>387387854
There are control issues, particularly in the parkour system and tube-planets
>>
>>387388025
Sonic in Unleashed is the fastest he's ever been what are you talking about
>>
Literally watered down bad-mario galaxy.
Even the star spring that teleports around to the next section of a level is named "launch star" on the game files.
>>
>>387387854
Poor controls and movement. There's still no real momentum and jumping is fucked up in terms of what little momentum you do have.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.