[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Prey not be the biggest flop of 2017 if Sony-san published it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Prey is the best game released this year, and shames Looking Glass primitive efforts through clarity and precision, which is why the fact it bombed remains disgraceful. If Sony would have collaborated on the title, it could have exceeded Bioshock numbers.
>>
>>387383432
>Prey is the best game released this year
No
>If Sony would have collaborated on the title, it could have exceeded Bioshock numbers.
How so?
>>
>>387385536
>>If Sony would have collaborated on the title, it could have exceeded Bioshock numbers.
Arkane lack the polish that Sony provides in spades. They would have pushed the game into art-minded consumers hands. The artisans at Arkane deserve better.
>>
>>387383432
Why do people act like anything Sony touches turn to gold
Why do people praise such a shit company
>>
>>387383432
>Sony games
>Selling
Sony has sold less than half an exclusive per PS4 owner, and 20% of those were Uncharted 4 copies hidden away in the cheapest console box over the holidays.
>>
>>387383432
i hope system shock 3 doesnt suck
>>
>bethesda chose to sabotage this game's success just so they could keep property rights for Prey

they should have just fucking called it Psychoshock or something
>>
>>387387645
Prey was the perfect name for Arkane's magnum opus. No doubt the artisans at Arkane had the final say on the title. They care more than any other developer in the history of the medium, excluding From Software-san, and wouldn't accept anything less than perfection.
>>
>>387383432
The name and a few shitty trailers seriously doomed it. It's insane, the game is incredible, and they just completely fucked it with marketing. I've convinced so many people to play it who all wound up loving it, when before they've either never heard of it or thought it would be shit.

System Shock 2 is my favourite game ever, and Prey is by far the best spiritual successor out there. Bioshock has nothing on Prey
>>
I just found out that Ken Levine worked on the story for Thief 1. How the fuck did he deteriorate so badly by the time he did Infinite?
>>
>>387390894
He seemingly lacked the courage and insight of Arkane.
>>
>>387390894
he eventually came to the conclusion that making a game follows this logic:

Story>>>>>>Gameplay
Infinite was finished, but because he wasn't satisfied with the whole story, he had his team completely scrap the game and restart just 6 months before going gold.
>>
>>387393124
But I mean, Thief 1 and 2 had great stories that were, more importantly than the plots themselves, really well-told. And then there's Bioshock Infinite.

I could give it a pass if it excelled at at least one thing.
>>
>>387393124
That's one of those rare points a publisher should step in and tell the director to fuck off.
>>
>>387386436
Sony is not a studio you bumfuck.
>>
>>387383432
Mimics ruined the game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.